Neat reusing ideas

I have a bunch of glass one-quart vinegar bottles which I use to carry water in, so I don't have to buy bottled water if I am going on a long trip. I don't have garbage or recycling pick-up service where I live, so I keep a bunch of hampers on the front porch for glass, plastic, and cans that can't be returned for cash, and if I need a small container for mixing paint or something I can grab a plastic tub and use that. It takes me a while to get the hampers full enough for a trip to the recycling center, so there is always something available. My Dad saves coffee cans for me to store odds and ends in in the garage too.

Reactions: thefadedone
BIRDFEEDER.jpg

Bird feeder made from a slinky and a wire coat hanger.

CRIB.jpg

This is made from an old crib/cot.

Trampoline.jpg

I think this is awesome and it's made from an old trampoline.

Card.jpg

:D

I saw that crib idea online a week or so ago. I really love the idea of turning it into a sturdy desk that the child can continue to utilize as they grow and develop their own creativity.

Reactions: thefadedone
I saw that crib idea online a week or so ago. I really love the idea of turning it into a sturdy desk that the child can continue to utilize as they grow and develop their own creativity.

It's adorable.:)

I don't have a spare cot/crib myself :rofl: but here are two more ways to reuse one:

Cotgarden.jpg

Cot.jpg

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Do you have the original website these pics came from? I don't plan on having any kids, but I have some friends who do that might like these ideas.

Those were on Pinterest. I searched "reusing cribs." I also just searched for reusing ideas or upcycling I think.:) I got distracted as I was supposed to be looking for garden benches.:p

I have a couple of BPA free bottles that I use for water, coffee, tea, etc. on the go. I try to not buy bottled water, unless I just haven't thought ahead at all.

Those flimsy water bottles can leach chemicals into the water over time. Especially when exposed to heat.
They're not meant to be reused over a long period of time like that.

I hardly ever get bottled water. I have a Pur filter on my faucet, and a BPA-free water cup with a straw that I use for water or tea.

Reactions: Rosie1 and KLS52
I must be chock full of BPA by now.

I have a crib, which because I procrastinated before giving/selling it, now is deemed unsafe due to crib rail distance. It is oak and in good shape; I want to make one of these! :)

An idea, not really reusing, but if you have those solar lights in your yard that stick in the ground, if the power is out, you can bring them in the house each night. :)