Neat reusing ideas

I dunno, it seems like it would be big and squishy enough to sit cross-legged or with your feet curled under... I imagine using it more like a home-cinema, so you could get pretty cosy on it rather than sitting rigidly. I want one in my house!
My small dog would love it because she could easily go from one person to the next. :)

Reactions: Marie
My small dog would love it because she could easily go from one person to the next. :)

Mine would love it because she wouldn't have to jump high like she has to do with normal beds. (This is one reason why I keep my box spring and mattress directly on the bedroom floor.)

I use plastic ice cube trays to hold my earrings.... each pair has its own compartment.... i was always losing one or the back and this has made it alot easier.....

peace:)

I put my earrings and necklaces on an old baking tray I was going to throw away. I just hung it on my wall under my bedroom mirror.

002-1.jpg

I don't know if it looks particularly good but it is more handy to have them there rather then in the chest of drawers.:)

I put my earrings and necklaces on an old baking tray I was going to throw away. I just hung it on my wall under my bedroom mirror.

002-1.jpg

I don't know if it looks particularly good but it is more handy to have them there rather then in the chest of drawers.:)

Very cool! It's better than the tie hanger I'm using...someone at work was throwing the hanger away so I thought I'd take it and hang my necklaces on it.

I had these cute forest green ceramic pots with a basket weave design with lids. Over the years the lids have been broken but I love the pots so I haven't thrown them out--they've just languished on a top shelf collecting dust. i reorganised our medicine cabinet and used them to hold stuff in an organised way. One pot holds plasters (band aids) one pot holds pain meds like ibuprofen one pot holds meds for a dicky tummy and cold and flu tablets and the last one holds every day meds--hayfever tabs for me and thyroxine for my husband.

Now every time I open the cupboard my beautiful pots are there and stuff is easy to find. I am so excited as I was about to shell out for some plastic containers to organise everything. This is way better than plastic because a) they were free b) they are pretty c) i already had them and loved them and they needed a use d) they are not plastic

Reactions: PiSis and Sidhariel
I have a funny reusing story. My grandparents lived in San Francisco, in the Sunset district, with a dog named Frenchie Fondue. My Pa was always really good about poop scooping long before they made it a law, and he would use an empty Downy fabric softener bottle as a scooper. He would cut out the bottom, and a portion of the same side as the handle of the bottle, and when he walked the dog he put the scooper in a brown paper bag, which was where he'd put the scooped poop.

There was a small market on the next block from their house, which they referred to as the half-and-half store. If my Gramma needed something, she'd send Pa to the half-and-half store. I think she often ran out of half-and-half, hence the nickname. Anyway, one weekend we were staying there and we went with Pa to the half-and-half store, and of course Frenchie came along for the walk. He really couldn't stand to be apart from Pa for even a short while, or he would whine and make my Gramma nervous.

Pa tied him up outside the store and left the poop scooper outside, tucked up in its brown paper bag, with poop in it, and when we came back out someone had stolen it! How we laughed thinking about what a surprise that thief must have gotten when he got somewhere private to open the brown bag and discover the stolen treasure within. :p

^Hilarious, creative, and also disgusting. Although I would like to see the look on that theif's face when he opened the Downy bottle.

I have a funny reusing story. My grandparents lived in San Francisco, in the Sunset district, with a dog named Frenchie Fondue. My Pa was always really good about poop scooping long before they made it a law, and he would use an empty Downy fabric softener bottle as a scooper. He would cut out the bottom, and a portion of the same side as the handle of the bottle, and when he walked the dog he put the scooper in a brown paper bag, which was where he'd put the scooped poop.

There was a small market on the next block from their house, which they referred to as the half-and-half store. If my Gramma needed something, she'd send Pa to the half-and-half store. I think she often ran out of half-and-half, hence the nickname. Anyway, one weekend we were staying there and we went with Pa to the half-and-half store, and of course Frenchie came along for the walk. He really couldn't stand to be apart from Pa for even a short while, or he would whine and make my Gramma nervous.

Pa tied him up outside the store and left the poop scooper outside, tucked up in its brown paper bag, with poop in it, and when we came back out someone had stolen it! How we laughed thinking about what a surprise that thief must have gotten when he got somewhere private to open the brown bag and discover the stolen treasure within. :p

At least the thief didn't steal the pooch as well.:(

Fresh cola, or recycled? ;)

Recycled. After you look at the bottle that you've been drinking , then read the article, get terrified and realize that **** is probably doing the same thing to your stomach that it does to greasy, burnt pots and pans.

Good thing I'm not a big soda drinker.

Yeah, I've never been a big soda drinker; but after using some leftover, flat coke to clear a drain, I swore the stuff off. Except for the (very) occasional whiskey and coke, of course.

I occasionally take a sip of my mom's soda if I'm really thirsty, and there are times when I snag a root beer (but only if it's at a party or something where it's provided as a refreshment). Otherwise I simply don't drink it.