Neat reusing ideas

I do almost all the things mentioned so far as well. I hate wasting things. We are a frugal bunch here at VV.:up:

Those Pinterest pics are awesome!! The crib ideas are pure genius.

But they weren't yelling at me about that. Something about how reusing water bottles wastes plastic or something?

:wtf:Maybe because you were using plastic bottles in the first place?:???:

FOR GOD'S SAKE STOP DOING THAT FOR SOME REASON!

Kids these days!:fp:

It's adorable.:)

I don't have a spare cot/crib myself :rofl: but here are two more ways to reuse one:

Cot.jpg

Amazing! Absolutely love that.

I do a lot of the things mentioned. Also I use old jars to store cotton buds/cotton face pads/hairbands/hairpins/makeup brushes etc in on my dressing table. My makeup & beauty products are organised in shoe boxes.

Not sure if this is relevant to the thread but the girls & I at work quite often sort through our make-up & bring in what we don't need or use anymore & put it in a big box in the staff room. Then we all take what we'd like from it, so it's kind of a swapsie. Probably not very hygeinic but whatever. I just got some Urban Decay, e.l.f & Barry M make-up from the last swap.:woo:

Not sure if this is relevant to the thread but the girls & I at work quite often sort through our make-up & bring in what we don't need or use anymore & put it in a big box in the staff room. Then we all take what we'd like from it, so it's kind of a swapsie. Probably not very hygeinic but whatever. I just got some Urban Decay, e.l.f & Barry M make-up from the last swap.:woo:

Yeah I'll admit that this totally freaks me out. I'm not really a germaphobe , but I would never share make up (especially eye and lip makeup) with other people. I don't want to risk getting pink eye or a cold sore from someone.:no:

Yeah I'll admit that this totally freaks me out. I'm not really a germaphobe , but I would never share make up (especially eye and lip makeup) with other people. I don't want to risk getting pink eye or a cold sore from someone.:no:

A few tips from Dr Oz :

Here are a few more tips for how to clean your makeup kit:
germs_purse_makeup_090910_mn.jpg

ABC News Photo Illustration
Dr. Mehmet Oz explains how to disinfect makeup and germs.
Lipstick and Mascara
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
Take a tube of lipstick and dip it in alcohol for 15 to 30 seconds, then wipe away the top layer of the lipstick. Or leaving it overnight in the freezer will also kill bacteria and viruses.
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
Leave a closed tube of mascara overnight in the freezer, thereby killing the germs.

Foundation and Eye Pencil
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
If you use a powder foundation, scrape off the top layer of the powder occasionally.
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
If you use a liquid foundation, scoop out the top layer.
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
Sharpen your eye pencil to a fresh point, making sure to remove the first layer.

Oz suggests disinfecting all of your cosmetics every three weeks, including using alcohol or freezing them.

Reactions: Pickle Juice
I could see why that would freak you out fadeaway. :lol: it's a bit gross. Mainly I get nail varnishes. But to be fair we never put make up that's been used a lot in it; that just goes straight in the bin. We all have a lot I make up that is pretty unused as we work in a make up store so it's a way to not let it go to waste.

So many times I've bought a lip stick, tried it once & it doesn't suit me & so I've just given it away.

A few tips from Dr Oz :

Here are a few more tips for how to clean your makeup kit:
germs_purse_makeup_090910_mn.jpg

ABC News Photo Illustration
Dr. Mehmet Oz explains how to disinfect makeup and germs.
Lipstick and Mascara
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
Take a tube of lipstick and dip it in alcohol for 15 to 30 seconds, then wipe away the top layer of the lipstick. Or leaving it overnight in the freezer will also kill bacteria and viruses.
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
Leave a closed tube of mascara overnight in the freezer, thereby killing the germs.

Foundation and Eye Pencil
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
If you use a powder foundation, scrape off the top layer of the powder occasionally.
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
If you use a liquid foundation, scoop out the top layer.
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
Sharpen your eye pencil to a fresh point, making sure to remove the first layer.

Oz suggests disinfecting all of your cosmetics every three weeks, including using alcohol or freezing them.

Good tips!

Reactions: thefadedone
I could see why that would freak you out fadeaway. :lol: it's a bit gross. Mainly I get nail varnishes. But to be fair we never put make up that's been used a lot in it; that just goes straight in the bin. We all have a lot I make up that is pretty unused as we work in a make up store so it's a way to not let it go to waste.

So many times I've bought a lip stick, tried it once & it doesn't suit me & so I've just given it away.

Good tips!
:yes: thanks to Dr Oz !:D

I forgot about the nail polish Raggle! Now that's something I would love to exchange with people. (Plus that doesn't freak me out:p).

I forgot about the nail polish Raggle! Now that's something I would love to exchange with people. (Plus that doesn't freak me out:p).
I wouldn't use that, either. Fungus! But I won't even get manicures or god forbid pedicures at shops. :eek:

I will swap makeup with family/good friends. :)

That seems like it would be incredibly uncomfortable if it was filled up completely, because you wouldn't have anywhere to put your feet.

I dunno, it seems like it would be big and squishy enough to sit cross-legged or with your feet curled under... I imagine using it more like a home-cinema, so you could get pretty cosy on it rather than sitting rigidly. I want one in my house!

I dunno, it seems like it would be big and squishy enough to sit cross-legged or with your feet curled under... I imagine using it more like a home-cinema, so you could get pretty cosy on it rather than sitting rigidly. I want one in my house!

Oh, so would I, but I don't know if it would be that great of a movie theater. :/