National Potato Day

ha, I didn't even know that yesterday was NPD and we haven't eaten potatoes in a week or two until last night when we ate a pile...

cool

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52
I found it frustrating that I keep being informed of these National Days to late to plan any parties. ;)

I thought maybe i could find a calendar of them. I found a couple of iCal add ons - each one seems to have different holidays. (Supposedly in the USA there are at least 1000 "National Days".) But I turned them both off because they were too busy. (BTW, neither had yesterday as Nat'l Potato Day).

I did find this website.

So. Happy Lemonade Day!!

🍋🍋🥂🥂

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
And I missed it. And I was craving french fries (probably the least healthy way to enjoy potatoes, what with the extra fat and possibly a small dose of carcinogens formed from the high heat of deep frying... :eek::skull: )

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Oh, I missed this thread yesterday. I’m one day late, but I happened to find something I thought would be of interest in this thread. Like a lot of people, I was confused about the difference between sweet potatoes and yams, so I looked it up, and found this. I think it explains it pretty well.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
@Bob Who So, you use quite a few potato patches?.....

(Tom L. hastily ducks the torrent of various objects being thrown at him for such a hideously bad pun... but then, aren't most puns hideously bad? I blame the 8 or so "Xanth" novels I've read recently for what I just posted.)