National Star Wars day!

My favorite is The Empire Strikes Back. I don't love the prequels, in fact, I have watched only The Phantom Menace, which I despised, so I never bothered with the other two. I love The Force Awakes and The Rise of Skywalker. I did not like The Last Jedi.

I think I like The Empire Strikes Back best as well though I have enjoyed them all! The new "spin off", The Mandalorian is pretty cool too!
I want to see The Mandalorian, but I can't really swing any subscriptions right now. My nephew also said it was very cool.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
I’ve only ever seen the original three SW movies. I haven’t seen anything else from the SW franchise, not even the Madalorian. And that was years ago, when they were in the theater. So my knowledge of the SW universe is very limited. Don’t test me on it, LOL.

• Wow
Reactions: Chryssie
I love all things Star Wars! I have seen the movies multiple times each. They are on TV quite often. And I love the Mandalorian! I have to watch season 2 which has started.

Reactions: PTree15
Original trilogy is the best. I think I watched Return of the Jedi about 20 times or more when I was a kid. For kids, I think it's the best one. For adults, I think Empire Strikes Back is the best one. The original Star Wars is a great family film as well as probably the most influential movie made in at least the last 50 years.

Phantom Menace is the worst.

The others are about the same. Of the more recent ones, Rogue One is perhaps slightly better than the others.

• Agree
Reactions: silva and PTree15
I don't want to be a downer but the Disney Starwars trilogy was just copying the plot of the original movies.

I agree the first films were the best but I do like Anakin's story. The last ones have been less than stellar though still enjoyable.

Reactions: PTree15
OT:

It occurred to me that in at least 2 franchises, the protagonist who was originally a member of the "good" group, is now rebelling against said group in the current iteration of the franchise.

In one of the more current movies, Luke Skywalker burned down the Jedi Library, and dissed the Jedi teachings.
In Star Trek Picard, Picard is now anti Federation.

• Informative
Reactions: silva and PTree15
Original trilogy is the best. I think I watched Return of the Jedi about 20 times or more when I was a kid. For kids, I think it's the best one. For adults, I think Empire Strikes Back is the best one. The original Star Wars is a great family film as well as probably the most influential movie made in at least the last 50 years.

Phantom Menace is the worst.

The others are about the same. Of the more recent ones, Rogue One is perhaps slightly better than the others.
Agree on Rogue One. I really enjoyed that one.

May 4 is my mom's birthday, and she has no interest in Star Wars. :D I did wear my Star Wars hoodie with a movie promo-like design of the original trilogy era yesterday. :)