July 19th - National Ice Cream Day

I'm surprised Haagen-Daz didn't make the list. They and Ben and Jerry's are my top choices. but I haven't had many of them on the list.

I hadn't heard of quite a few of those. I have seen some at Publix. I have had the Ben & Jerry's and the DQ Dilly bars. I have had other varieties of So Delicious, Daiya, and Magnum. I don't know which is my favorite. I liked the Haagen-Daz I tried too.

Reactions: Val
Does anyone get Trader Joes soy ice cream? It's been years since I had it, either the vanilla or cherry chocolate. I remember thinking it was really sweet, and definitely had an aftertaste.
I read they now have an oatmilk strawberry ice cream I'd like to try, if I ever get back there!

Does anyone get Trader Joes soy ice cream? It's been years since I had it, either the vanilla or cherry chocolate. I remember thinking it was really sweet, and definitely had an aftertaste.
I read they now have an oatmilk strawberry ice cream I'd like to try, if I ever get back there!

My wife and I used to buy the cherry chocolate chip soy ice cream all the time. We had to stop, because we would eat the whole thing in one evening.

TJ's nondairy frozen desserts were about all I bought for years. they are just so much less expensive than others.
The chocolate cherry soy milk is pretty good and it's about the lowest price vegan ice cream there is. They also have vanilla which is good for milkshakes and a la mode. And they have chocolate-flavored coconut milk that is more expensive and tastier.

I haven't been going to the grocery stores much. I get a curbside pickup from Safeway about once a week. Plus TJs always have a line out the front. So I have been getting frozen non-dairy desserts from Safeway. Safeway's brands have been less expensive but disappointing in taste. The Haagen-Daz and Ben and Jerry's have been really delicious but expensive.

For anyone with an Aldi - their almond milk is great! $2.99 a pint, chocolate, vanilla, and mocha fudge-that's mine!
It's seasonal so won't be much longer....

I had one of the DQ Dilly bars I bought. I have to say I am not that crazy about them as they are coconut ice cream which I think is my least favorite base for non-dairy ice cream.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Val and KLS52
I had one of the DQ Dilly bars I bought. I have to say I am not that crazy about them as they are coconut ice cream which I think is my least favorite base for non-dairy ice cream.
Coconut is my least favorite too.

• Informative
Another new one. Halo Top

• coconut milk base, fava bean protein
  • flavors: sea salt caramel. peanut butter cup, chocolate almond crunch, chocolate chip cookie dough, classic chocolate, candy bar and birthday cake
  • calorie's between 280 to 380 calories per pint
  • 10 to 20 grams of protein.

• Wow
  • Disagree
Reactions: silva and KLS52
Choice coconut and passion fruit.

GB-glass-choice-vanilla-copy-500x515.png

• Wow
Reactions: KLS52
Another new one. Halo Top

• coconut milk base, fava bean protein
  • flavors: sea salt caramel. peanut butter cup, chocolate almond crunch, chocolate chip cookie dough, classic chocolate, candy bar and birthday cake
  • calorie's between 280 to 380 calories per pint
  • 10 to 20 grams of protein.
We have some halo products here. The question is, how long will it take this to reach my area, if ever! Almost makes me want to run out store hopping to see if I can find it!

We have some halo products here. The question is, how long will it take this to reach my area, if ever! Almost makes me want to run out store hopping to see if I can find it!

Supposedly the grocery stores already have the "old" vegan Halo Tops. But I have never seen them. Some of the new ones should already be hitting the store.
I've sort of given up on vegan ice cream but I'm a sucker. then I see a vegan Halo Top I'll buy it.

Reactions: KLS52
Supposedly the grocery stores already have the "old" vegan Halo Tops. But I have never seen them. Some of the new ones should already be hitting the store.
I've sort of given up on vegan ice cream but I'm a sucker. then I see a vegan Halo Top I'll buy it.
This speaks to me because of the lower calorie content. I like a lot of the vegan ice creams, happy to say.
I do not like the current non dairy Halo. They contain pea protein. 🤢🤮