Nairn's Oatcakes confusing labe

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
nairnes2.jpg

first it says 'suitable for vegans', then the ingredients list says it contains cheese(15%), and then the allergy advice says manufactured on equipment that handles milk.

My dad gave me this empty box, which was bought in his household recently. He thought I would be interested.

Their website says it is suitable for vegetarians.
http://www.nairns-oatcakes.com/oatcakes-cheese

On the website the allergy info does say it contains dairy...

This is in the UK.

oops I spelt 'Nairn's' wrong.:eek:

That's a pretty bad mistake. Probably they used a nutritional info template from one of their vegan oatcakes and forgot to change those bits. Have you contacted the company?

no, not yet...probably other people have already, but I might send them an email, at some point.

I love oatcakes and bought some Sainsbury`s own brand that doesn`t contain cheese.

Traditional oatcakes are made of oats and water.

Maybe they meant to wrte "Suitable for Vegetarians" and they made a mistake and wrote vegan instead.

I think Lord Snot is probably right about using the wrong template, as the allergy advice section doesn't mention that it contains dairy either, just that it is made using equipment that handles milk.

no reply from them yet, although I didn't phrase the email as a question, or as needing a reply, just as a point of information for them, so I might not get a reply.