News Who moved my cheese?

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Who moved my cheese? The silent battle between vegetarians and vegans

I did not like where this article started but I really liked where it ended up .

A nice piece of writing, too. Every time they made an assertion or claim that I didn't buy, they then provided a rationale, evidence or at least a quote from an authority.

Here are a few of my favorite excerpts.

When there’s only space for one meat-free option on the menu, chefs often now ditch dairy for vegan alternatives. Is this the end of veggie dining?​
“I don’t think vegans have ruined everything for vegetarians. It’s down to lazy restaurateurs, I guess – doing one option to cover both,” says Ruth,​
A 2019 Lumina Intelligence report found that the number of vegetarian and vegan dishes was growing on menus, but vegan options were increasing 29% faster. On the industry website bighospitality.co.uk, references to vegan food outstrip vegetarian by more than four to one.​
Daisy, 34, a vegetarian from Cambridge, hopes so. She isn’t irritated by veganism: “It means we’ve got way more options. In the 90s, you were lucky if the chef could do you an omelette,” she says. But the issue is that “the meat diet is still catered for 90%. That’s the annoying thing. Maybe that should be looked at.”​

Reactions: Raven
:rofl:
I read that book! Never thought about it in the perspective of transitioning to vegan, but I think it could!

Yeah, I know it isn't the reference. Brought back memories of my old company before it was sold :rolleyes:
Yeah, I read that book too. I just thought the author of the article was just trying to be cute. you know a vegetarian goes to restaurant and finds his favorite cheesy dish has been replaced with a non-dairy dish. He then might say, "who moved my cheese!"