TV & Film Movie Lounge

That looks good!

The acting and cinematography was excellent. I really liked the 1930's costumes and cars that they used to duplicate the pre war life. However, it just didn't have that magical touch to make it all come together.

It's still worth watching the film if you like a bit of drama and mystery. Moreover, this school really did exist and they even showed some photos of the school and pupils at the end of the film.

Ten Things I Hate About You.

I've never seen this before. I should explain a little. At some point in the 90s I developed an aversion to movies and TV shows set in high schools. I don't even remember why. Maybe there was a plethora of them back then. I have made exceptsions. there have also been some pleasant surprises. just recently Ten Things came up in an article about some other movie and I was intrigued enough to request the DVD from the library.

Also my knowledge of Shakespear is severely limited. I believe my attitude was poisoned by poor instruction in High School. I did know going in that this was an adaption to The Taming of the Shrew. And I'm superficially knowledgable about that play due to other film and TV adaptions. Most notably the 1980s TV show Moonlighting which did the whole episode in Iambic pentameter.

The cast is terrific. They even cast teenagers as teenagers which is something rare (and IMHO commendable). The cast has a lot of "before they were ..." members. The IMDB trivia section is full of cool coincidences too.

And the soundtrack was a lot of fun too. keep watching thru the end credits for some pranks and bloopers.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I'm on a 90s movies kick.I watched Scream last night and I have 10 Things I Hate About You for tonight.

Ten Things I Hate About You.

I've never seen this before. I should explain a little. At some point in the 90s I developed an aversion to movies and TV shows set in high schools. I don't even remember why. Maybe there was a plethora of them back then. I have made exceptsions. there have also been some pleasant surprises. just recently Ten Things came up in an article about some other movie and I was intrigued enough to request the DVD from the library.

Also my knowledge of Shakespear is severely limited. I believe my attitude was poisoned by poor instruction in High School. I did know going in that this was an adaption to The Taming of the Shrew. And I'm superficially knowledgable about that play due to other film and TV adaptions. Most notably the 1980s TV show Moonlighting which did the whole episode in Iambic pentameter.

The cast is terrific. They even cast teenagers as teenagers which is something rare (and IMHO commendable). The cast has a lot of "before they were ..." members. The IMDB trivia section is full of cool coincidences too.

And the soundtrack was a lot of fun too. keep watching thru the end credits for some pranks and bloopers.
I watched that back in the autumn. I love that film and the soundtrack!!! I saw it back at the cinema when it came out and I had it on video.

Have you seen Clueless? That is also amazing. I've seen it again very recently.

Reactions: Emma JC
we watched Seaspiracy on Friday night and last night we watched The Green Book for the second time - both were well worth the time spent!

Emma JC

Reactions: Raven
we watched Seaspiracy on Friday night
I was watching a vegan YT live where people were talking about that.

I watched Crawl last night. It was actually quite a good horror about alligators.

we finished watching The Serpent last night - an 8 part mini series based on a true story - it was very intense and very good - takes place in the 70's - a thief/murderer in Thailand/India/France etc

to lighten things up we also started watching Kim's Convenience

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven
I watched Sara Silverman's Speck of Dust on Netflix. its a comedy special.
I've really liked her ever since I saw the Aristrocrats and she stole the show.
The show is hilarious. For me it had numerous LOL moments. But if you don't have a prediction for off color humor or are easily offended - don't watch

I just found this on YouTube and it might be the best joke of the show. Again Warning: really off color.

we finished watching The Serpent last night - an 8 part mini series based on a true story - it was very intense and very good - takes place in the 70's - a thief/murderer in Thailand/India/France etc
I heard about that. :)

• Friendly
We have started watching Your Honor. It's difficult for me not to put the u in there.:blush: I do like it so far.

Oh, not a film. TV show on Showtime.

Netflix documentary.
“Disclosure: Trans Lives on Screen”

And then you can see how Hollywood like to present transgender people... :( It's not a nice documentary at all, but part of the film history.

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
I watched Sara Silverman's Speck of Dust on Netflix. its a comedy special.
I've really liked her ever since I saw the Aristrocrats and she stole the show.
The show is hilarious. For me it had numerous LOL moments. But if you don't have a prediction for off color humor or are easily offended - don't watch

I just found this on YouTube and it might be the best joke of the show. Again Warning: really off color.

goops. wrong video.
Here is the right one.
(don't you guys pay attention?

I watched Mystery Men on Netflix.
I had seen it 20 years ago. I mostly remembered liking it. And it was as good as I almost remembered it. :)

The Norwegian movie "The Tunnel" (Tunnelen). And I liked a lot. It was exciting and without really annoying kids. I feel that 99% of all catastrophe films has annoying kids in them.

Reactions: Sax and Chryssie
Bill & Ted Face the Music was a very enjoyable romp! For me, it justified the crazy dumb plot with just enough logic, but not so much it ruined the farce. If you liked the other Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure, and Bogus Journey you should like this one.

Yesterday morning before work the Marx Brothers Night in Casablanca was on and I got to see about a half hour. Been a long time since I've seen the Marx Brothers and now want to check the library. I love them all!

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou