May Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to exercise on my trampoline and with my dumbbells at least 5 days a week.

I haven't lost more weight with WW so I'm not doing it anymore, I'm not sure if it is do with my thyroid, or what.

I'm doing a different meal plan that is supposed to kick start your metabolism. You carb load some days of the week and protein load other days.

I actually find it easier than WW and I know I am getting the right nutrition. With WW it's easy to eat junk food and then load up on veggies which probably isn't the healthiest way of eating.:D

I just thought that the protein loading starts tomorrow but my shopping doesn't arrive until 12 and I am supposed to protein load in the morning.o_O

I have to have plant protein with healthy fat added. I was planning on making tofu scramble with black beans, avocado and salsa most mornings as I really like that, but I don't have any tofu or black beans in the house.

I suppose I could have roasted chickpeas and then houmous as the healthy fat with carrot sticks.:confused: It doesn't seem like the type of thing to have for breakfast, though.

A chickpea scramble with avocado, maybe...

I just thought that the protein loading starts tomorrow but my shopping doesn't arrive until 12 and I am supposed to protein load in the morning.o_O

I have to have plant protein with healthy fat added. I was planning on making tofu scramble with black beans, avocado and salsa most mornings as I really like that, but I don't have any tofu or black beans in the house.

I suppose I could have roasted chickpeas and then houmous as the healthy fat with carrot sticks.:confused: It doesn't seem like the type of thing to have for breakfast, though.

A chickpea scramble with avocado, maybe...

That sounds good due to the protein and fat content. I also like high protein savoury food for breakfast.

These last few pounds are so darn stubborn! I'm going for a "dry" May - no alcohol for the month - in hopes to kick-start this last push. And daily yoga and walking.

I did not do my yoga this morning. I'm a morning yoga person and the roofers get here pretty early and I don't want them to see me. But I realize that I'm just going to have to shut my blinds and do what I need to do. So there. :mad:

I’m in, too. Did my walk this morning. :)
Not concentrating on weight, just want to keep moving. I’m about 6 pounds more than I’d like but not overweight so maintaining is ok for me, for now.

No wonder I need a nap...

It’s 10:15 a.m. and I have have 8500 steps already.
:D

I'm at 9640. Obviously I took my walk, which gets me somewhere between 7500 and 8500 depending on which route I take. Now lets see if I get any more today, as the heat is coming. :rolleyes:

Reactions: KLS52
When my sister gave me a Fitbit two Decembers ago as a Hanukkah gift to encourage me to move more, she told me that the ideal step goal was 10,000 steps a day. I said there’s no way I can do that on a regular basis, and I set my daily step goal at 5,000. Well, I’ve gradually been increasing the number, and now I’m up to 8,000! I’m not yet at the I-can-easily-reach-10,000-steps point, and in fact, 8,000 is still a bit of a challenge on some days, especially when I’m not feeling well. But I’ll get there. I never thought I’d get this far, but I did!

I'm at 9640. Obviously I took my walk, which gets me somewhere between 7500 and 8500 depending on which route I take. Now lets see if I get any more today, as the heat is coming. :rolleyes:
Yes, If I didn’t do my walk at 6:15 this morning I would not have made it. I had extra steps because I had a pick up from the veterans, so I also did a whole lot of running up and down the attic/basement stairs before work.

I may have found a real inspiration in eating better. I got a "Perfectly Imperfect" box of randomly selected produce! $18 +$5 shipping for $15 pounds
2 huge sweet potatoes
2 nice tomatoes, a large cucumber, an onion, a big bag of mini sweet peppers, a green pepper, a bag of celery, a bag of 3 bunches of Romaine lettuce
When I'm at the store I never know what to buy, I look at sales, hem and haw, come home and wish I had bought something! This way I'm kinda forced to eat it because I know it won't go to waste. I'm thinking if I subscribe every two weeks I can add in other things like greens if I need them
Funny thing though--it was all good looking produce!

What I have found works for grocery shopping is to find a recipe or two and buy the ingredients for those. Of course if you need any staples, you get those as well. I do try to stock up every now and then when I can afford it.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I have worked out 3 times this week so far. I am really enjoying this new way of eating. You have to add protein to every meal and doesn't feel like I am "dieting" as I don't feel hungry or deprived. I will have to see if it shows up on the scale next week.

I know I have lost two inches this week as I measured myself this morning. I think that is down to the exercise, though.

What I have found works for grocery shopping is to find a recipe or two and buy the ingredients for those. Of course if you need any staples, you get those as well. I do try to stock up every now and then when I can afford it.
That's what I should do, but struggle. My mother never cooked and it was like rummaging through the fridge to see what I could come up with. I have gotten better with prepping on weekends
The copymethat app helps me a lot,

My mother was a good cook and I learned to cook at an early age. However, I really got out of the habit of cooking meals when Jeremy took over that job in 2008 when we went vegan. Now I don't really like cooking anymore! I have hundreds of recipes so I am trying to learn to cook again! I have been making soups and have 3 containers of different soups in the freezer because the recipes make so much! It is really hard cooking for one person!

I grew up in a crazy Italian family but they were amazing cooks/bakers. I did inherit a good portion of their talent. I’ve just lost ambition over the last few years.

Reactions: Val
My mom is an excellent cook and baker. I'm lucky that I inherited some of her cooking genes. I love cooking/baking. @Chryssie I totally understand trying to cook for one, especially with soups. I try to find recipes that don't use massive amounts of water and broth. It's more manageable that way. I really could use a separate freezer in my basement. I love being able to eat out of the freezer.

Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.