Man picks carnivorous cat over vegan girlfriend

That may well be, but nobody did that.

Again, as with the original article, I can only point out that you should try to work on your reading comprehension.

well the statement talked about "vegan" in the general not specific so easy to relate to any vegan.

I do not have a problem with carnivore species pets...i feed them vegan. That means i am not a psycho and i fail to see who is a psycho ... the alleged vegan in the article is unlikely to be a psycho either. Vegans seemto like to dump on other vegans quickly it is obvious rather than be supportive and positive. The media presented the story to make fun of vegans generally...and it seems to have worked well getting vegans against vegans is clear. Rather than seeing the article for what it is...a mocking of vegans...presenting the story in a particular light to suit the motive to mock vegans generally. I just laughed and thought nothing bad of vegans...but i agree that is not the objective of the article the way it was written.

No basis to call anyone like that vegan in the story a terrible person. had the vegan said feed the cat vegan or kill the cat instead of chickens that also would not make them a terrible person either.Who are we to judge who is a terrible person ? a cat killer or a chicken killer ? it is up to the persons beliefs who they want to kill or not kill ...in this case...animals were being killed...so lets not start on about calling people terrible people for killing animals either i suggest.

There was nothing incorrect in my seeing a vegan or vegans generally called psychos and terrible persons for not wishing to be in a relationship with a non vegan...and not wishing to kill animals.

All i repeat is lighten up imho to see it is funny how easy the media can invent stories to make vegans look like fools and get vegans attacked by other vegans.

No one...killing animals needs to be called a psycho or terrible person. No one. Name calling people terms like that is violent and hostile. It is perfectly legal to kill animals. Just as calling non vegans pschos and terrible persons is not acceptable nor is calling vegans this for simply choosing to not kill animals. Far too much of this is going on in the so called vegan community...ridiculing and making vegans out to be horrible psychos simply for not wanting to kill thousands of animals.

I will add...accusations against persons like myself of being "animal abusers" are also common place from so called vegans...why ? do I need to spell it out ? because i refuse to kill thousands of animals to feed my vegan fed cat. I am vegan...i do not kill animals bred by humans. Period.

There are people who kill and eat animals in this group...so ? it is clear they are considered "psychos" and "terrible people" by some people using those terms. I suggest again...stop the accusations of such derogatory terms...if so strong to lash out at a VEGAN why are the same people not lashing out at the non vegans in this group or the world generally as "psychos" and "terrible people" ? well ? i would like to know why if there is a valid reason. ps naturally i would add...also stop calling people "animal abusers" for either killing animals or not killing them...because it really is unacceptable...to call people like me who do not kill bred by humans animals "animal abusers" for feeding my cat and dogs vegan...far too many times this takes place...i do not go around calling animal eaters in this group "animal abusers" and those calling ME that have not the guts to call the animal eaters these names hey. Seems attacking VEGANS is more fun to everyone. Unfortunately.

Actually...we may have unearthed...discovered...a major mental flaw in the human psyche here on this thread....

It occurred to me...why is it...other than possible cowardice as a reason...that people do not go around calling the non vegans in this group "psychos" and "terrible people" and "animal abusers" ???

why not ?

but those very same people...have NO problem calling a VEGAN an "animal abuser" and "psycho" and "terrible person" ?

When it happens...it always seems to be over ? PETS !

As in this case...a VEGAN...a person who never kills bred by humans animals...wants a cat to either be fed vegan or got rid of...and is suddenly a "terrible person" and "psycho"

A VEGAN...a person who never kills bred by humans animals...feeds their cat or dog legal vegan pet food...and is called the same names and an "animal abuser"

is another standard lash out.

Let us examine what could be the possible reasons for these differences....

1. PETS are more important than FARM ANIMALS ?

meaning it is perfectly ok not psycho to kill farm animals but a pet one is psycho ?

but that makes no sense...we all are complicit every day to the killing of unwanted pet animals...4 million per year are killed in the USA alone.

9 billion a year farm animals are killed in the USA alone.

2. What other reason ? reasons ?

I thought i could make a list...but after number 1 reason...i am stuck !

I can think of no other reason !

Is it actually true...that so called vegans are no differnt in reality to non vegans in their attitudes to animals...because that is actually what i think this reason means ... shows.

Vegans might bang on about "do not kill farm animals" but in reality they do not really mind...so long as the animals are not PET species dogs and cats specifically or any animal given the title PET including a pet python...it is perfectly ok to kill farm animals...and whether for pet or human consumption...no one is going to call anyone names like PSYCHO or TERRIBLE PERSON or ANIMAL ABUSER for killing a farm animal.

I am grateful for this thought provoking post...it was not my intention to delve into such depths of the mind of humans...it was as i stated my intention to "amuse" people at the media mocking putting down a VEGAN and banking easily that everyone would call the vegan a "terrible person" and "psycho" and "animal abuser"

However...on seeing the reactions in the responses received...and the "name calling" of vegans who put farm animals lives in high esteem...i realise...we can all see..."farm animals lives are not really important" to most people.

Sobering thought and realistation of the truth behind the rhetoric.

We do not name call animal killers and eaters...because farm animals lives do not really matter.

Last edited:
I agree with the folks in this article in that her behavior was a warning sign of control issues AND other emotional issues. She was basically asking the guy to give up a member of his family.

The ex-husband of a woman I once dated hooked up with a gorgeous woman. Also a control freak. She kept giving him rules. One day she told him he should no longer watch Game Of Thrones as it depicted violence against women. In his usually passive aggressive way he broke up with her, which SHOCKED her ( she was a bit of a narcissist too ). I would have asked her "So, its GoT or you? I will have to choose GoT, I really like that show!"

I've been in such a relationship. It went pretty fast to try to controll who I hang out with and quit my work. Who I texted etc. I broke up really fast then. :p

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
i refuse to be called a psycho for feeding my cat and dogs vegan. i am vegan. that means...animals are not mine to breed and kill. what part of that is not understood ? name calling people who do not kill animals as psychos is unacceptable.

Wait what? I didn't call you a psycho.

Again, as with the original article, I can only point out that you should try to work on your reading comprehension.

Apparently my reading comprehension is better than your own???? From the article: 'She said that she believed owning a cat is unconscionable for vegans, because they hunt mice and eat meat, and because the very act of owning a pet is a violation of vegan principles," he wrote. '

well the statement talked about "vegan" in the general not specific so easy to relate to any vegan.

I do not have a problem with carnivore species pets...i feed them vegan. That means i am not a psycho and i fail to see who is a psycho ... the alleged vegan in the article is unlikely to be a psycho either. Vegans seemto like to dump on other vegans quickly it is obvious rather than be supportive and positive. The media presented the story to make fun of vegans generally...and it seems to have worked well getting vegans against vegans is clear. Rather than seeing the article for what it is...a mocking of vegans...presenting the story in a particular light to suit the motive to mock vegans generally. I just laughed and thought nothing bad of vegans...but i agree that is not the objective of the article the way it was written.

No basis to call anyone like that vegan in the story a terrible person. had the vegan said feed the cat vegan or kill the cat instead of chickens that also would not make them a terrible person either.Who are we to judge who is a terrible person ? a cat killer or a chicken killer ? it is up to the persons beliefs who they want to kill or not kill ...in this case...animals were being killed...so lets not start on about calling people terrible people for killing animals either i suggest.

There was nothing incorrect in my seeing a vegan or vegans generally called psychos and terrible persons for not wishing to be in a relationship with a non vegan...and not wishing to kill animals.

All i repeat is lighten up imho to see it is funny how easy the media can invent stories to make vegans look like fools and get vegans attacked by other vegans.

No one...killing animals needs to be called a psycho or terrible person. No one. Name calling people terms like that is violent and hostile. It is perfectly legal to kill animals. Just as calling non vegans pschos and terrible persons is not acceptable nor is calling vegans this for simply choosing to not kill animals. Far too much of this is going on in the so called vegan community...ridiculing and making vegans out to be horrible psychos simply for not wanting to kill thousands of animals.

I will add...accusations against persons like myself of being "animal abusers" are also common place from so called vegans...why ? do I need to spell it out ? because i refuse to kill thousands of animals to feed my vegan fed cat. I am vegan...i do not kill animals bred by humans. Period.

There are people who kill and eat animals in this group...so ? it is clear they are considered "psychos" and "terrible people" by some people using those terms. I suggest again...stop the accusations of such derogatory terms...if so strong to lash out at a VEGAN why are the same people not lashing out at the non vegans in this group or the world generally as "psychos" and "terrible people" ? well ? i would like to know why if there is a valid reason. ps naturally i would add...also stop calling people "animal abusers" for either killing animals or not killing them...because it really is unacceptable...to call people like me who do not kill bred by humans animals "animal abusers" for feeding my cat and dogs vegan...far too many times this takes place...i do not go around calling animal eaters in this group "animal abusers" and those calling ME that have not the guts to call the animal eaters these names hey. Seems attacking VEGANS is more fun to everyone. Unfortunately.

Actually...we may have unearthed...discovered...a major mental flaw in the human psyche here on this thread....

It occurred to me...why is it...other than possible cowardice as a reason...that people do not go around calling the non vegans in this group "psychos" and "terrible people" and "animal abusers" ???

why not ?

but those very same people...have NO problem calling a VEGAN an "animal abuser" and "psycho" and "terrible person" ?

When it happens...it always seems to be over ? PETS !

As in this case...a VEGAN...a person who never kills bred by humans animals...wants a cat to either be fed vegan or got rid of...and is suddenly a "terrible person" and "psycho"

A VEGAN...a person who never kills bred by humans animals...feeds their cat or dog legal vegan pet food...and is called the same names and an "animal abuser"

is another standard lash out.

Let us examine what could be the possible reasons for these differences....

1. PETS are more important than FARM ANIMALS ?

meaning it is perfectly ok not psycho to kill farm animals but a pet one is psycho ?

but that makes no sense...we all are complicit every day to the killing of unwanted pet animals...4 million per year are killed in the USA alone.

9 billion a year farm animals are killed in the USA alone.

2. What other reason ? reasons ?

I thought i could make a list...but after number 1 reason...i am stuck !

I can think of no other reason !

Is it actually true...that so called vegans are no differnt in reality to non vegans in their attitudes to animals...because that is actually what i think this reason means ... shows.

Vegans might bang on about "do not kill farm animals" but in reality they do not really mind...so long as the animals are not PET species dogs and cats specifically or any animal given the title PET including a pet python...it is perfectly ok to kill farm animals...and whether for pet or human consumption...no one is going to call anyone names like PSYCHO or TERRIBLE PERSON or ANIMAL ABUSER for killing a farm animal.

I am grateful for this thought provoking post...it was not my intention to delve into such depths of the mind of humans...it was as i stated my intention to "amuse" people at the media mocking putting down a VEGAN and banking easily that everyone would call the vegan a "terrible person" and "psycho" and "animal abuser"

However...on seeing the reactions in the responses received...and the "name calling" of vegans who put farm animals lives in high esteem...i realise...we can all see..."farm animals lives are not really important" to most people.

Sobering thought and realistation of the truth behind the rhetoric.

We do not name call animal killers and eaters...because farm animals lives do not really matter.

I'm not going to refute or accept every point you made here, because first of all, I didn't mean you. I meant the person in the story. She said what I quoted, that vegans shouldn't keep cats, or pets at all. Not just because they're fed canned meat cat food, but because they "chase mice." People like that are not rational. They give vegans a bad name. Like "oh I like herbivores." It's not an intelligent or even ethical thing to say. For example, it's nearly impossible to rescue cats or feed ferals with the expense of vegan cat food. So we just let the ferals and strays suffer? We as vegans don't keep "pets" so allow them to be abused by others and further remove ourselves from our very natural and healthy relationships with non-human animals (according to anthrozoological studies, not just my personal opinion)? It's utter nonsense when vegans have contempt for carnivorous animals, or want certain *kinds* of animals to suffer for their religious piety. Because ultimately. that's what it is. When vegan philosophy gets to that point, it is absolutely religious piety and has almost nothing to do with science or real life or mitigating most non-human animal suffering.

I'm not going to refute or accept every point you made here, because first of all, I didn't mean you. I meant the person in the story. She said what I quoted, that vegans shouldn't keep cats, or pets at all. Not just because they're fed canned meat cat food, but because they "chase mice." People like that are not rational. They give vegans a bad name. Like "oh I like herbivores." It's not an intelligent or even ethical thing to say. For example, it's nearly impossible to rescue cats or feed ferals with the expense of vegan cat food. So we just let the ferals and strays suffer? We as vegans don't keep "pets" so allow them to be abused by others and further remove ourselves from our very natural and healthy relationships with non-human animals (according to anthrozoological studies, not just my personal opinion)? It's utter nonsense when vegans have contempt for carnivorous animals, or want certain *kinds* of animals to suffer for their religious piety. Because ultimately. that's what it is. When vegan philosophy gets to that point, it is absolutely religious piety and has almost nothing to do with science or real life or mitigating most non-human animal suffering.

Accept you were not bashing me but the vegan in the article...but...i suggest the media made the story up precisely to make vegans look ridiculous ... knowing that is what most people want...to vegan bash.

There was not citation of the persons involved explanations...which i suggest...could well have been simply as hinted even at in the article been...feed the cat vegan...or get the cat rehomed....as i cannot bear to have dead animals in my face.

Nothing wrong with that if that was the conversation.

Not imho.

Others can disagree with that...but if that were ...which i believe was...the real conversation...then i see no reason she would be called a psycho.

What this article is imho...is showing how easy it is for the carnist media ...and that matters....this was a carnist media...appealing to a carnist majority readership for sales of the media...to make vegans look ridiculous.

Now to your other points....what you seem to say is...vegans should rescue pet dogs and cats if they can...and feed them other animals bred and killed in their thousands if they cannot afford vegan pet food ? that seems excuse me if I get it wrong to be what you are saying...on the grounds of ? they are saving 1 dog or 1 cat life...but killing 3000 other animal lives...based on...it costs 1usd per day to feed a large dog vegan...well not even that actually....instead of 0.7usd per day. that without getting precise into kg etc is about the comparison of price difference easy enough to understand...can someone afford...1usd or 0.7 usd per day...does 0.3usd per day make all the difference that justifies killing 3000 animals.

Usually...it is not the "cost" reason but "anti vegan pet food" reason people give as to why they think saving 1 dog or 1 cat life is worth 3000 other bred and killed by humans lives.

I suggest...if 3000 animals lives do not matter...why does just the 1 life ? is it the species people prefer that decides who lives and dies then ? that is what it looks like.

Anyway. Explanations done.

i blame the media for a biased article...intended to make vegans look unreasonable and unattractive to suit the majority animal killing only pet loving and dont care about farm animals carnist public.

I also blame vegans themselves...for being so fast to jump on the bandwagon and lash out against other vegans for allegedly being "unreasonable" and blaming them for making the majjority carnist animal killing public more anti vegan...it does not take much more than..."i am vegan" for carnists to say ..."vegans are always shoving their views down our throats" and for other vegans to agree and do what carnists want...shut up.

ps...i have never met or read of any vegan writing...they only like herbivores. never. Something you wrote on those lines is why i mention it. I have seen vegans say they would not own carnivores...but only due to being ignorant about the existance of vegan pet foods usually.

When you mention science...well i assure you in case you had not noticed in this group alone...whenever i present scientific explanations about pet foods ...people ignore them...and instead of talking science...rant "animal abuse" to cats,never mentioning once animal abuse to rabbits killed...which end up in vegan cat foods. Why is that i ask ? why ? can the victims of non vegan cat food not be mentioned ? why ? do their lives not matter ? because it is very very clear they never get mentioned ...oh ...when people issues orders to me ...and that is unacceptable..to order a HUMAN as if they were some pet dog to take orders...i get orders..to "get a rabbit" they forget to add..."and kill them in thousands to feed your pet cat"...why ? do people forget to finish their orders hey ? any explanation ? because that is what they mean...surely...if they think it is animal abuse to feed my cat vegan ...why..do they not finish their rude orders to me...and write..."get a rabbit kill it and then buy and kill 2999 more rabbits to kill and feed your cat or you are an animal abuser" ?

I have a big criticism now to make ...of anyone...vegans included even though I personally like to avoid insulting vegans as they are trying to save animals lives...I have this criticism to make...do NOT give people orders as if they were some servile pet dogs....humans...need to be spoken to with respect due to humans. I give my dogs orders...to sit...stay...fetch...but I speak differently to humans. I do not give humans orders...unless i have that authority to...and it is very very rude to give humans orders is my point. Far too much of the "get a rabbit" orders going on...and not even finishing their sentences with "get a rabbbit kill it and then buy 2999 more rabbits to kill and feed your cat" ...but...that is a ORDER to a human being...and unacceptable. I am no pet dog. I do not take or expect or deserve to be given orders to.

So ...i totally agree...science is very important...but it is carnists and many vegans also who kill animals who do not want to talk science...if you notice...in the night...i took a great deal of trouble and time to condense the massive volume of scientific information i do have and have read about vegan pet foods...and...you will i repeat see...that whenever anyone rants "animal abuse" about feeding cats vegan...they have never...never never...named the only 4 out of 32 pages long list of nutrients that are essential for a cat to thrive that an "obligate carnivore" cannot get in the wild from plants easily. NEVER. That is how ignorant people are...and how quick they are to shout..."Animal Abuse" with no science behind it just pure rage and wishes to murder thousands of farm animals because people generally are racist/speciesist and only mention the species of animals they keep as PETS as being important...not once...in the media article...did they mention...how many rabbits were bred and killed per 1 non vegan cat lifetime....why not ? their lives do not matter...they are just "farm animals" imho is why not.

ppss the one point i edit as i did not address it that you made that i was confused about was this bit...

" when vegans have contempt for carnivorous animals, or want certain *kinds* of animals to suffer for their religious piety "

i really do not understand what you mean by this statement.

I try to understand...confused by the word "religious" in the statement as veganism is not a religion....

"certain types of animals to suffer" meaning ? farm animal bred rabbit animals ? you think some vegans want 3000 farm bred rabbit animals to suffer death as they prefer 1 carnivorours pet cat ? is that what you mean ?

well as i said I agree with most of what you wrote...so i agree...that is the case...but..i disagree it has anything to do with religious beliefs...the reason people want certain types of animals like rabbits to suffer death...is simply because they prefer some species of animals to others...in this case cats are preferred to rabbits.

As i said...i have not seen anyone express any "contempt" for any animals other than farm animals ...pet cats never get comments of contempt towards them...any animal designated with the title PET never gets contempt that i have ever read anywhere in this forum or anywhere else. The world is MAD about PETS.

The only other point you raised that is rather irrelevant to the article issue...but anyway i address it...is the "feral cats" issue. You seem to suggest putting food out for feral unwanted designated as "Pests" cats is a good thing to do.

This article is not about feral cats but a pet wanted cat...ferals are unwanted pet cats.

So what you are trying to say here about ferals is...that it costs a great deal to feed them vegan so it is ok to feed them thousands of bred and killed rabbits...understood..on cost grounds of the pet food reasons. That is your opinion. I would disagree of course. I fed a sickly lost baby hedgehog who wandered into my house probably mother killed by some pet cat or dogs around here...i fed him or her vegan cat food. I was not going to go out and buy killed rabbits to feed 1 hedgehog. I did not WANT a full of fleas hedgehog in my house i add. Was going to give my vegan fed dogs and cat and myself fleas ! it disappeared for days unfound in the house i have a great deal of clutter so i was keen to get it out again as pooh is not pleasant in a house...i fed it...vegan cat food. Lods of rants at me for doing so on line i add...well never mind...i could have killed the animal of course and saved myself the hassle of fleas in my house which were much more my concern the animal was nearly dead when i saved it and it recovered well on vegan cat food end of problem.

You also imply...strongly...that to not feed feral unwanted pet cats is unvegan...non vegan...so my reply to that is...well 4 million unwanted pet cats and dogs a year are killed in the USA alone every year...does it mean that because vegans are not saving all their lives that they are "bad vegans" ? surely not.

Just because someone does not want to own a pet...does not put out food for wild birds or feral unwanted cats...does that make them a "bad vegan" ? surely not.

I find that accusation judgement to be unfair unwarranted.

There are people...vegans and non vegans...who do not believe in pet ownership. There is nothing wrong with that. They do not see non human animals as having any place in a human house and are not interested in being responsible for feeding them cutting off their genitals treating their health problems and taking them for walks etc.

Absolutely nothing unvegan about that...nothing cruel...nothing unethical...Not imho.

ppss this was the baby hedgehog i saved who wandered into my home nearly dead very weak....fed vegan cat food.

Mother probably killed by pet dogs or loose outside pet cats around here...neighbour did say his dogs killed several hedgehogs trying to drink in the pond in the garden....so ? should i have left this nearly dead easy to kill and eat by a feral cat hedgehog out for the feral cats to eat ?

well ? whose life should i have saved...? the hedgehog by feeding it vegan cat food...and then put outside to be killed by a feral cat so a waste of time of course...or should i have killed the hedgehog and put it out for the feral cats to eat ? as there is not much difference really is there...in killing an animal myself and feeding it to a feral cat and buying bred and killed animals in packets to feed feral cats.....well i see no difference.

Now i was a bit pleased at the hedgehog recovering well...i thought it was going to die it was so weak...and i was getting RANTS online about how i was an "animal abuser" going to be REPORTED for keeping a wild animal...all that jazz...FURY that i fed it vegan cat food...and lo and behold...the nearly dead when it arrived hedgehog thrived and recoverd and went outside again to be killed no doubt by some feral cat who ate it...so all that fuss over nothing hey. I keep my cat indoors of course.

chester pulford male hedgehog_1067x800.JPG

Last edited:
n.b. nota bene...just backing up a point i made replying to some comments where i refuted the claim that there were "carnivore haters" in the vegan community...and i said I had NEVER seen any vegans say they hated carnivores...

In this group alone...is evidence...of the PET MAD bias of speciesism showing "massive preference" for carnivorous pets...

take a look...at how many posts there are in the thread called "Cat Lovers"...i browsed through the maybe thousands ? of comments and pictures in there...i saw nothing but "adultation" and "obsession" with pet carnivore cats lol

What i also noticed...NOT ONCE did i see anyone say..."i feed my cat vegan to not kill 3000 bunny rabbits"

QED as one says...there is the evidence...of the dismissal of the lives of farm animal species ...there is NO thread called "Farm Animal Lovers" with nice pictures and videos of farm animals enjoying SOME pleasant lives...VIVA i add do provide videos of rescued farm animals joys on release from captivity ...seeing the sun for the first time in their lives...

Those rescued farm animals do not live long natural species historically lives of course...they are frankenstein ugly freaks of nature...pains in legs...weak hearts...damaged respiratory systems...overweight...unable to move unable to fly as their natural species ancestors could.

So ugly in fact...that is also maybe why people includiing vegans think they are worthless animals. Certainly not PETS so no "Farm Animal Lovers" thread.

I do or will add here ...that i find it odd that people have thousands of posts in a thread called "Cat lovers" in a VEGAN forum lol...i mean the topic and posts are not about "save feral cats" just boasts and promotion of PETS people own that in no way are suffering anything lol !

So that amused me...why ? is it necessary...to have a "Cat Lovers" whole thread group in a Vegan Forum ? seems to me...it shows...PETS are considered the only animals that really matter to have a special thread dedicated to them....with absolutely NO mention of how VEGAN those pets are lol.

Animals are not being killed to make pet food. There may the rare exception, but for the most part, it's made using parts that humans don't eat, and would be thrown away otherwise. If everyone went vegan and animals were no longer being slaughtered, I could see feeding carnivores as vegan, as then it would be a matter of killing one animal for another. But, that isn't case presently, they are eating what would have been thrown away.

You aren't saving animals by forcing an unhealthy and unnatural diet on cats, those animals will be slaughtered until people stop eating them, but it sure does give you a feeling of superiority doesn't it? ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Mikkel
Animals are not being killed to make pet food. There may the rare exception, but for the most part, it's made using parts that humans don't eat, and would be thrown away otherwise. If everyone went vegan and animals were no longer being slaughtered, I could see feeding carnivores as vegan, as then it would be a matter of killing one animal for another. But, that isn't case presently, they are eating what would have been thrown away.

You aren't saving animals by forcing an unhealthy and unnatural diet on cats, those animals will be slaughtered until people stop eating them, but it sure does give you a feeling of superiority doesn't it? ;)

actually totally wrong on all 3 points you make...

1. You state...animals are not killed for pet foods.

Well actually they are. Dead animals do not grow on trees.

BILLIONS of animals ARE being killed ONLY for pet food in fact. Bred for pet foods. Fact. I could name many...but name just ONE as evidence ...because you have no evidence of what you claim...but i have evidence of the truth...about not just rabbits...turkeys...lambs...chickens....

It has even been calculated i add. At 30% of all meat and 10% of eggs and dairy milks.

Now as 80 billion land animals and 2 trillion fish and marine animals are bred and killed for food consumption per year in the world...30 percent of those makes trillions of animals in fact killed for pet food....of the animals bred primarily for human food...and billions actually also specifically only for pet food. FACT..the 1 species the most in numbers specificially only for pet food is ? RABBITS. fact.

BURNS is a high quality allegedly pet food producer...HUGE in the UK ...and they breed their own animals for the pet foods they make and buy them in from slaughter houses. FACT supported on their own public website. FACT and we are talking MILLIONS of animals for just that 1 pet food producer...but they are not unique as i said. So that actually is the END of pretending "free animal meat falls from the sky for pet food" fantasy.

However....take this much simpler FACT too.

It really HAS been proven...that PET FOOD uses 30 percent of ALL "meat" produced for the food industry.

That is irrefutable...so do you belive 30% of the animals are FREEBIES ? wrong. They COST and earn bigtime. 80 BILLION USD is the global pet food per year income. They pay for the animals in the pet foods of course so they cause their deaths massively...if humans...had to pay the 100% not 70% cost of the "meat" and animals they buy 30 percent less animals would die. Simple logic. Easy to understand. Pet foods...make more animals die by that percentage price difference.

Simple facts...I and you drink milk..example...a glass a day. How many cows have we killed ? at least 1 of course it is not about does all the milk from 1 cow go into that glass of milk...the cow has to be abused and ultimately killed for our use of her milk.

So the same for pet foods. If parts of the animal go into pet food...for which pet food industry PAYS i remind you they are not FREEBIES...that kills animals. It is the payment that contributes to the death of an animal in the case of the glass of milk or the pet food.

Next easy to understand issue of yes death is paid for by the pet food meat sellers....20 percent of animals die of suffering and disease before even slaughtered....they are SOLD to the pet food industry....so the animals ARE paid for and killed their deaths are PROFITABLE and it encourages low standards of short livescare to know they can be SOLD anyway for big bucks.

If pet foods did not buy those suffered the most animals...better care would be taken of them and less animals would die for human food obviously.

30 percent...of animals bred and slaughtered...end up in pet foods. FACT i repeat. Easy to assess and i have elsewhere provided the link to the scientific support of that percentage...oh btw...10 percent of eggs and milk produced also end up in pet foods....SOLD...so let us not pretend..money does not matter...you buy a glass of milk ? you contribute to the DEATHS of cows in dairy...whether you are a PET or a HUMAN.

The industry figure for non human food used parts of animals can be up to 49 percent in reality...figures of the slaughter industry themselves i add. Not all those non human food parts end up in pet foods of course...i provided the figure of 30 percent of meat sold ending up in pet foods...and that is not just the bad bits but much of the human grade bits as i remind or inform you that anything labelled "meat" in the UK has to be non diseased and human grade...only the bits labelled "meal" can be ground up nasty bits of bones etc with some "meat" in them of unspecified species often so RABBITS in reality as the cheapest animals to breed and kill for pet foods and shove in any pet foods where the species does not need to be stated due to pet food labelling laws.

How many people have killed the cow ? if I buy 70% of the cow best bits and you buy 30 % of the cow worst bits ? who has killed the cow ? both of us or just the one buying the best bits ? all is SOLD for money and so both have killed the cow is the truth.

It is nonsense to say...because pet food buyers buy the 30 percent of the animal that they have not caused the death of the animal...they have. Without the death of that animal the producer of the animal would make a loss and not produce the animal or put the price up so much that the buyer of the other half would reduce their consumption by that amount so less animals would die.

If you pay for something...you contribute to the effects that payment has is a simple fact of life in all matters....pet food is no exception.

Not even...the alleged "freebies" local butchers offer pet owners are free and they do contribute also to animals deaths...why ? because if the butcher had to dispose legally correctly of the rotting corpses...for which there are environmental and health and safety laws...it would COST them...so all that adds to their "profits" on sales of dead animals and keeps the prices of the human dead animal parts lower than normal...so more animals die as people would not buy as many dead animals if they cost them more.

So hopefullly...it is clear to see...billions of animals actually die for pet food...30 percent of the deaths of the total involved for the food market is the figure i repeat for "meat" and 10% for eggs and dairy.

Actually let us try look at the figures involved about pet food that causes the deaths of 6 billion per year...yes that is the figure...6 billion per day suffocated to death 1 day old male chicks....as 50% of eggs hatched from artificial insemination of course...(nothing "natural" about that hey so why is anyone using "unnaturally produced pet food" ? pass a moment the fake appeal to "natural" issue...to say...) if anyone does not believe that the income from pet food producers buying up the 6 billion 1 day old male chicks suffocated to death does not mean they died for PET FOOD wake up...the cost of disposal legally environmentally and health and safety wise as well as the loss of huge income from the pet food producers buying them would mean the price of eggs would rocket...so again...price rises would mean far far less eggs sold and far far less chickens abused and killed. so animals die...bigtime...again...not "by products for free" but massive causes of deaths to billions of animals.

Very simple facts easy to understand...besides the truth that hundreds of millions of rabbits turkeys chickens lambs are bred specifically for pet foods.

End of fantasy..that pet foods with animals do not cause animals deaths...they do...those are DEAD ANIMALS in the pet foods fgs they did not grow on trees or get given free so the money is what caused them to die.

Now the part of your reply that is actually factually incorrect that i objected to the most was ? this statement you made...judgemental mocking of the dead animals and vegans statement...

"You aren't saving animals by forcing an unhealthy and unnatural diet on cats, those animals will be slaughtered until people stop eating them, but it sure does give you a feeling of superiority doesn't it? ;)

• ✅
Reactions:Mikkel
"
2. you are wrong about vegan pet food being unhealthy...you cannot make blanket statements like that without evidence...i have evidence i could provide in GREAT detail of how unhealthy non vegan pet food is...and how healthy vegan pet food is...and i just give 2 examples as i am into DETAIL not wild unsubstantiated allegations and claims as you just did...

firstly...my vegan cat food is...HUMAN GRADE...gmo free...which just for starters puts it above the quality of any other non human grade diseased contents non vegan pet food.

secondly....the non vegan cat food is full of unnatural ingredients...the levels of omegas and fats in farmed animals are wildly different to wild animals and very unhealthy without human adjustments made unnaturally of course to make the nutrients more healthily balanced...taurine...in cat foods...is all synthetic so not natural...without which cats would go blind and die even...so without "unnatural" contents in non vegan cat foods cats would go blind and die so end of use of the "only use natural" ingredients nonsense claim. Not possible. Unhealthy if people did is the real truth.

thirdly and very importantly...

Besides the main problem with your statements not having any quantified or references to support the claims...you did not seem aware of PET FOOD LABELLING LAWs...well i assure you...if you need to know...vegan pet foods exceed the long lists and criteria generally of the pet food laws and have contrary to raw pet foods never had a single recall anywhere in the world whereas 5 out of 7 in 2020 alone to date recalls of pet foods have been RAW pet foods.

3. Now to your judgemental mocking of people who like to save animals lives by feeding vegan pet foods...besides their reasons like mine being it is more healthy for my pets....you have no right...to mock people like me who decide to feed our animals whatever we feed them...it is none of your business...what you feed your cat is your business and unless you ask me...i do not tell you that you are murderous to kill 3000 bred and killed bunny rabbits over 1 cat lifetime to feed your cat...so equally...my cat is my business...and any vegan who wishes to feed their cats vegan does not deserve to have someone like you make fun of them for as you nastily say... "it sure does give you a feeling of superiority doesn't it?"

You asked a question..mocking in tone by that statement ending in "doesn't it ?" and so I reply...for myself...and other vegans..

Why are you mocking people for allegedly feeling "superior" to others ? why ? angry that vegans do not kill animals and so feel they are morally better than others who do ? no one in this thread actually wrote that...i never wrote..."i am morally superior to you non vegans because I do not kill animals bred by humans" ...just as I did not write..."I am jewish so i feel morally superior to non jews" ....no one wrote that...but you...lash out...with mockery about this alleged feeling of superiority...obviously you are angered disturbed by the feeling you have that it is morally superior to not kill animals and so you resent others having that feeling...

That is in effect what that snide lash out mockery statement you made shows...that YOU feel it is morally superior to not kill animals...but resent people who feel that way even if they do not go around saying it as you did.

That is actually i end saying...the REAL reason "people hate vegans" ...people are disturbed by the "cognitive dissonance" that even the word VEGAN creates or anyone saying..."I do not kill animals and eat them or give them to my pets to eat" it disturbs people who do those things even without the vegans saying anything critical to them about them...because their conscience is not clear.

So i suggest...stop lashing out accusations about vegans feeling morally superior...unless you see those boasts made in those words...you have no right to lash out and mock them...it is rude and unnecessary.

So...i have dealt with...your incorrect unsubstantiated statements about ...

no animals die when there is animal meat in pet foods...they do...in their billions...30% is the figure for "meat" alone ...

then...your unsubstantiated claim that the vegan pet foods are unhealthy...they have been proven to be healthy and never recalled in over 30 years sold unlike non vegan pet foods full of below human grade and diseased animals etc...and

then the nonsense about non vegan cat foods being "natural is dismissed using just one of the facts disproving this ...the fact that unnatural taurine etc in non vegan pet foods are included and are vegan and essential to the life even of pet cats so dismissing the problem you have with the word "unnatural" as an accusation on at least one count, nutrition...and

then lastly but not least...i replied to your question ...about your personal gripe with vegans being morally superior in your view...which I found offensive in the way you put the question in a mocking way...it also showed...that you actually do realise that it is not necessary to feed pet cats or dogs bred and killed by humans animals in their pet food...but resent that this makes people like me feel better about keeping a pet and not being the cause of animal deaths, even though neither I nor anyone else had actually boasted about this or accused you or anyone else of murdering animals in their thousands unnecessarily just to feed 1 preferred pet animal.

As you may simply have been ignorant of the facts I mentioned in my replies...I provide 6 links now to previous posts where the information supporting my claims can be found in more details.

I am very "detail" and just tried here to keep it brief...even these links are also attempts at brevity...but ...for sure...i do NOT simply do "grunts" of "carnivore" or "unnatural" or "morally superior" without providing evidence to support those claims.

LAST but not LEAST....in replying to that comment of yours...nothing in the comments you made related directly to the real or main issue of the media story....

What do I mean ?

The media article...was NOT about "should cats be fed vegan or not ?" that question was not stated ... but making fun of a woman who was vegan whose boyfriend split up with her...allegedly ... due to her not tolerating his cat fed bred by humans animals.

The way the media cleverly presented the "alleged facts" since no quotes from the couple concerned were provided...was implying the woman was saying "get rid of" the cat or our relationship is off.

So it was funny in the sense that people can see when someone decides to say ..."it is me or x y or z" this leads to conflicts and relationship issues...it could as well have been "give up football or our relationship is off" challenge.

So one can have a laugh at that kind of "it's me or..." type discussion or issue in relationships.

Vegan bashing however...is what the media article wanted everyone to do...presenting cleverly the alleged facts to show an image of an unreasonable person regarding the vegan.

Which is EXACTLY what the general media love to do is it not ? that is btw a rhetorical question...we all know the answer to that is YES the media love to "vegan bash" and make out vegans are very unreasonable people...it is part of ? justifying killing and eating animals or simply easing consciences about the cognitive dissonance people have mentally when saying or thinking they love animals but kill them.

Last edited: