Man picks carnivorous cat over vegan girlfriend

Vegan Dogs

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
man-picks-carnivorous-cat-over-vegan-girlfriend due to ignorance about vegan pet foods

If only...he had been aware...of Vegan Pet foods hey !

The couple could still have been together !

But...that is why...I provide the information here and elsewhere...so that relationships can benefit and animals lives be spared.

Any vegan who has an issue with carnivorous non-human animals imo is a complete psycho.

i refuse to be called a psycho for feeding my cat and dogs vegan. i am vegan. that means...animals are not mine to breed and kill. what part of that is not understood ? name calling people who do not kill animals as psychos is unacceptable.

Apart from this supposed to be a "humorous" post.,...which was obviously not seen as humorous by those commenting except myself...

I suggest a bit of humor is useful...i found the story funny ....do i care if someone finds an excuse to not date someone ? no !

Do i find it strange that anyone killing animals makes someone they are dating uncomfortable ? no !

i repeat...i found the article funny.

My added comment when i posted the news was that had they realised vegan pet foods exist the issue would not have been an excuse to part ways lol !!!

Which i found also amusing lol !

and to end my views on this...i quote what someone wrote in a comment...

" Anyone that would expect or want you to get rid of a pet is a terrible person "

what about this one...

" Anyone that would expect or want you to kill animals is a terrible person "?

now...i suggest...that killing animals is what vegans find offensive...so a parting of the ways was decided on.

Which as i joked could have been avoided if they had known about vegan pet foods.

I think ...well not that i have searched ...but...maybe this is about "dating of vegans and non vegans" issue.

It is a topic which comes up often...how uncomfortable vegans are to see dead animals in their faces ...

However...that is not really the topic here...this is a FUN post to have a laugh about i repeat.

ps there are "non vegans" in this group I remind others...so to call them "terrible persons" just because they kill animals is not acceptable in this group. It is judgemental. Just as calling people who kill humans "terrible people" would be judgemental.

Last edited:
ps there are "non vegans" in this group I remind others...so to call them "terrible persons" just because they kill animals is not acceptable in this group. It is judgemental. Just as calling people who kill humans "terrible people" would be judgemental.

Judging by the PM you sent me, this is directed at me. As I said, I didn't call non vegans terrible people, I called the vegan in the story a terrible person for expecting someone else to get rid of their pet. Terrible, and selfish. Anyone who does that, meat eater or vegan, IS a terrible, selfish, disgusting person.

I can guarantee, if someone tells me to change the way I feed my animals, or even hints at wanting me to get rid of them, they'll be out of my life before they can say another word. The world does not revolve around making some selfish person happy, my pets well being will always come first.

For me, coming up with "do as I say or I leave you" are huge alarm bells in my head. My pet now, what's next? I can't have friends who isn't vegan? I can't go to a restaurant that isn't vegan, even though they have vegan option? Not on things at work, since they aren't vegan? Or perhaps change work, since not every part of my uniform is vegan?

Rime is the most important individual in my life. He and I are a deal. You take both of us, or you are the one that needs to go. And I'm too old for people that wants to change me...

Judging by the PM you sent me, this is directed at me. As I said, I didn't call non vegans terrible people, I called the vegan in the story a terrible person for expecting someone else to get rid of their pet. Terrible, and selfish. Anyone who does that, meat eater or vegan, IS a terrible, selfish, disgusting person.

I can guarantee, if someone tells me to change the way I feed my animals, or even hints at wanting me to get rid of them, they'll be out of my life before they can say another word. The world does not revolve around making some selfish person happy, my pets well being will always come first.

for heavens sake...even the article is written to amuse not make people all angry. do you believe everything you read in the media ? the media are out to sell newpapers....have to invent make up stories that sell...take a grain of truth...exagerate...add some twaddle...and the gullibles lap it up lol

the essence of the story is simply some disagreement between a vegan and a non vegan imho...the media make a fun story of it

i am vegan and for sure no one could get me to kill animals to feed my vegan fed cat...nor would i tolerate a non vegan in my home putting dead animals in my face ...

non vegans do as they please...kill animals as they please...just not in my home and i would not be in a relationship for long with someone who did not cease killing animals in my presence.

The vegan in the story is not a terrible person...the media report a story and you believe it...all the essence of the story is a dispute between beliefs in who should live or die between 2 people.

No basis to call anyone like that vegan in the story a terrible person. had the vegan said feed the cat vegan or kill the cat instead of chickens that also would not make them a terrible person either.Who are we to judge who is a terrible person ? a cat killer or a chicken killer ? it is up to the persons beliefs who they want to kill or not kill ...in this case...animals were being killed...so lets not start on about calling people terrible people for killing animals either i suggest.

Last edited:
This story is hilarious. Who knows what other differences in beliefs or relationship between the 2 people caused the break up really ?

It is amusing a story as the media chose to portray vegans as horrible people ...and the gullible fell for it easily clearly...other than those like myself who find the story funny.

If there is a grain of truth in the matter...whether it is about the boyfriend killing and eating animals or killing and feeding animals to his cat...the girlfriend vegan was not prepared to put up with it for long after explaining her beliefs that animals lives matter.

So the couple split up.

I would not tolerate someone feeding themeself or their cat killed animals bred by humans in my presence....i feed my dogs and cat vegan of course so there is no problem...no animal lets itself starve...only silly humans do that for some making a political point issue usually lol.

People need to loosen up and see the funny side of life sometimes...in all the horrible deaths of animals in this world going on...little spats and exagerated stories like this are light relief to laugh about is all i suggest.:)

On a general serious note...it is true that just having PETS is enough to put many people off relationships with people...so pet owners have to be aware of that. Nothing to do with not respecting animals...I know one of my exes is vegan but cannot stand animals in his home and does not believe in pet ownership...nothing wrong about that...he would not consider a relationship where his life was dictated to by the needs of some dependant pet animal. One has to respect that or find another partner is the reality of such situations...that does not make the intollerant of pet animals person a horrible or terrible person. Simply honest...imho.

Last edited:
i refuse to be called a psycho for feeding my cat and dogs vegan.

I've read in a few places over the years that canines evolved to be omnivores. The head wolf/dog always eats first, and then down the hierarchy. That left lower dogs/wolves eating the guts and whatever semi-digested plant products in them. I also read that cats do not do so well on vegan pet foods. Granted it is likely better than supermarket pet food, but if you get an animal for a pet it makes sense to feed them better food now and save on veterinary bills later.

I've read in a few places over the years that canines evolved to be omnivores. The head wolf/dog always eats first, and then down the hierarchy. That left lower dogs/wolves eating the guts and whatever semi-digested plant products in them. I also read that cats do not do so well on vegan pet foods. Granted it is likely better than supermarket pet food, but if you get an animal for a pet it makes sense to feed them better food now and save on veterinary bills later.

The point i made was I refuse to accept being name called...as a "psycho" for not killing animals.

You did not mention this matter but digressed to other matters...my point still stands...it is unacceptable to insult someone by name calling them as a psycho for not killing animals.

Why not insult all pestcatarians..vegetarians..non vegans ...in this group...for being "psychos" too whilst at it hey ? that is rude to do and very ill mannered...it is out of order...to insult people by calling them "psychos"

ps

off topic of this joke relationship between a vegan and non vegan...but to reply to your points...

1. Vegan pet foods are legal species appropriate so no issues about biology digestion etc.
2. Cats do very well on vegan cat food. 20 year old superb condition vegan cats exist. They digest protein from plants even better than dogs do. Plenty scientific studies prove that.
3. I have no vet bills due to feeding my dogs and cats vegan so it is pure scare mongering to suggest i would do. I know thousands of vegan fed cats and dogs in fact.
4. Vegan means "animals are not ours to use" per the simple PETA 1 liner principle. As vegans campaign for abolition of breeding and killing animals it would not suit me to do so. I do not turn up at SAVE vegan demonstrations with my dogs where pigs are screaming as they die in the gas chambers waiting to get some pigs ears off them.

Last edited:
I agree with the folks in this article in that her behavior was a warning sign of control issues AND other emotional issues. She was basically asking the guy to give up a member of his family.

The ex-husband of a woman I once dated hooked up with a gorgeous woman. Also a control freak. She kept giving him rules. One day she told him he should no longer watch Game Of Thrones as it depicted violence against women. In his usually passive aggressive way he broke up with her, which SHOCKED her ( she was a bit of a narcissist too ). I would have asked her "So, its GoT or you? I will have to choose GoT, I really like that show!"

I agree with the folks in this article in that her behavior was a warning sign of control issues AND other emotional issues. She was basically asking the guy to give up a member of his family.

The ex-husband of a woman I once dated hooked up with a gorgeous woman. Also a control freak. She kept giving him rules. One day she told him he should no longer watch Game Of Thrones as it depicted violence against women. In his usually passive aggressive way he broke up with her, which SHOCKED her ( she was a bit of a narcissist too ). I would have asked her "So, its GoT or you? I will have to choose GoT, I really like that show!"

love it...hilarious...Game of Thrones...i never watched the series except some on youtube...i read the sex scenes were too much for the prudish American audiences...they prefer blood and guts killings by Bruce Willis type violence to sex...but i did not see hardly any graphic sex in the youtube clips seen lol...but...some people "draw lines" in relationships for sure...hence 50% of divorces in all mariages lol... :)

Actually imho all humans are narcisists...we just dislike the narcisim of others that is different to our own...

Makes a change from...reasons for divorce or break ups like...

"he/she left the top of the toothpaste off"

He/she did not put the toilet roll on the right way

He/she snored keeping me awake at nights

he/she kept having his or her mother round continually

he/she was a vegan...is the latest...i am sure...many who transition turn vegan then have relationship problems with partners who do not "see the light" at the same time.

:)

Game of Thrones...someone wrote about...and how a relationship failed due to differences of opinion about the aspects of the tv series....

And so it is with human relationships...people play "power games" ...they "draw lines " as challenges....to test...to gain "power" and "position" on thrones maybe

The equivalent of the "chicken pecking order" hierachies animals have...for humans...are this "throne status" issue...who is "top dog" in the relationship ...who "has the throne" in the "game of thrones"

And just as in the TV series of GOT...many many die along the route.

I did read...Game of Thrones is a constant killing off of main caracters.

So that has to be the way it seems. People have to die...figuratively speaking...in this GOT.

Well this MEME in my vegan cat group I run amused me today...so I share it...

1598826229167.png

i refuse to be called a psycho for feeding my cat and dogs vegan.

That may well be, but nobody did that.

Any vegan who has an issue with carnivorous non-human animals imo is a complete psycho.

Again, as with the original article, I can only point out that you should try to work on your reading comprehension.

Reactions: Sproutskies