Vegan Look, a two ingredient cookie!

I bought extra bananas yesterday. Can't wait for them to ripen. I'm annoyed that I didn't plan better since I'm off until Tuesday. Would have been nice to try a different version or two now.

I bought extra bananas yesterday. Can't wait for them to ripen. I'm annoyed that I didn't plan better since I'm off until Tuesday. Would have been nice to try a different version or two now.

You don't really have to wait for them to be ripened. Just add a bit of sweetner to the mixture. :)

Reactions: PTree15
Turns out I don't like them cold. Yuck.
When I make them again I'm going to add some graham cracker crumbs.
Do you have a microwave, or maybe something else that would re-heat them without burning them? I'm kind of surprised, though- these sounded like they would taste good cold to me, too.

Yes, I have a microwave but I just take 1-2 from the fridge in the morning then have them after lunch. :)
I'm hoping to get up early enough tomorrow to make them, again, before work.

Another batch in the oven now. I added two graham crackers, crushed. They smell so good! I did half with raisins and half with chocolate chips. I don't normally like chocolate with oatmeal but I'm hoping the graham crackers will help with that.

I just recently tried the peanut butter which came out good.I want to add in a little more peanut butter next time though.

I also did an apple cinnamon one.I did 2 bananas,1 cup oats,half a peeled apple and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.They came out well too.So far I have tried the regular ones,peanut butter and apple cinnamon.The peanut butter is still my favorite.

Last edited:
I made these yesterday. Despite using just bananas and oatmeal I found them incredibly sweet. Not sickly overly sweet, but still sweet in the "OMG there's really no added sugar in these?" sweet. They were good. I agree that they aren't as great cold. Much better when they are warm right out of the oven.

I made a second batch at a family member's house using packets of instant flavored oatmeal that had been hanging out in their cupboard forever.:rolleyes: I used maybe 4-6 packets of peaches n' cream flavor and blueberries n' cream flavors. Since the packets are not vegan I didn't try them, but everyone else gobbled them up and gave them rave reviews. I can confirm that they smelled fantastic.

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
I made these yesterday. Despite using just bananas and oatmeal I found them incredibly sweet. Not sickly overly sweet, but still sweet in the "OMG there's really no added sugar in these?" sweet. They were good. I agree that they aren't as great cold. Much better when they are warm right out of the oven.

I made a second batch at a family member's house using packets of instant flavored oatmeal that had been hanging out in their cupboard forever.:rolleyes: I used maybe 4-6 packets of peaches n' cream flavor and blueberries n' cream flavors. Since the packets are not vegan I didn't try them, but everyone else gobbled them up and gave them rave reviews. I can confirm that they smelled fantastic.

I like this. :up:

It looks like a good way to use up oatmeal that's been sitting in the pantry too long. :yes:

What a great idea!

Reactions: PTree15