Vegan Look, a two ingredient cookie!

That is interesting to know. I wouldn't have thought that bananas and oat flakes would turn out too sweet. Prehaps it is the raisins that gave too much sweetness ? What was the texture like ?
Tx for giving us your feedback which is always interesting.:D

Yeah, maybe it was the raisins. Texture-wise, they weren't as hard as I assumed they would be. I thought they seemed relatively soft to me, but my mom thought they were somewhat rockish :rolleyes:

I should have written this review yesterday, when I had the cookie in front of me.

Yeah, maybe it was the raisins. Texture-wise, they weren't as hard as I assumed they would be. I thought they seemed relatively soft to me, but my mom thought they were somewhat rockish :rolleyes:

I should have written this review yesterday, when I had the cookie in front of me.

Some raisins are drier than others. They all plump up when you add them to other wet ingredients.

I am hoping to make mine today. Bananas look just right. Oh, I hope they are sweet enough for me...I was thinking of adding sweetener :eek:
I guess I won't first time around. I should try them without.

I am hoping to make mine today. Bananas look just right. Oh, I hope they are sweet enough for me...I was thinking of adding sweetener :eek:
I guess I won't first time around. I should try them without.

I couldn't find any cheap bananas so will have to wait. I also was considering on adding some stevia to the batter. Let us know if you find them sweet enough.

I love guinea pigs ! :D

Okay, yum :D

I added a spoon of cinnamon, a handful of raisins, and a pinch of salt to mine (I think every cake/biscuit needs that pinch of salt). They taste pretty damned good. I think they'd work best with chocolate and some nuts, though - the texture is a little same-y without something crunchy in there.

I made mine with blueberries and cinnamon.They came out soft which was okay with me.I'm not too big a fan of crunchy cookies.I also liked that no added sugar was necessary.

Reactions: Calliegirl
I did it! I made them! They are good! Without sugar! lol
I am pleasantly surprised. I really was skeptical.

I added pumpkin pie spice, raisins, dates and pecans. Perfect combo.

Pic to follow...

ba8e8ydu.jpg

I ended up using my bananas for a smoothie today :D. BUT, I will buy more and let them get good and ripe so I can make these. I think I will put walnuts, allspice, chocolate chips, raisins and possibly blueberries in them. Then again, I could add dried cranberries in place of the raisins...many possibilities. :)

I'm keeping mine in the fridge. I don't see me eating more than one or two at a time. And I think they might taste good cold.

I only got eleven out of the batch and they are pretty small. I also only had regular oats so I tried chopping them like the instructions said. That was a pain but it worked out fine. I'm going to buy quick oats for the next batch.

I noticed that the batter/dough was very moist, too, so I might have been able to add a little more oats. I didn't feel like chopping, though. Plus they turned out fine.

Calligirl, I hope you don't mind but I have moved this thread to the recipe section.

It'll be easier for members to find it under the Cakes & Bakes section than in the GFS. :)

Oh yum, I can't wait to try this. I love recipes I can quickly bake when we're running out of snacks, and since this one is just banana and oats, I can justify eating it for breakfast !

Reactions: Everleigh and KLS52
Turns out I don't like them cold. Yuck.
When I make them again I'm going to add some graham cracker crumbs.

Reactions: thefadedone
Turns out I don't like them cold. Yuck.
When I make them again I'm going to add some graham cracker crumbs.

That sounds like a good addition. I think it would give the cookies a crunchy texture.

I have some peanut butter chips that would probably be really good in this recipe. Might have to try it out soon.

I made some the other day. I added some linseed/flax, ground almonds, 1 tbs of evo, vanilla and pecans. They were quite soft and not sweet enough. They are quite tasty and perfect for a snack.

They are really easy to make and are similar to a recipe that I have in a No Fat Baking recipe book.

I'm going to try and make some more with some kamut flour, sweetener and prehaps more oil.

Reactions: KLS52
I made some the other day. I added some linseed/flax, ground almonds, 1 tbs of evo, vanilla and pecans. They were quite soft and not sweet enough. They are quite tasty and perfect for a snack..
I was thinking of adding some peanut butter but don't know how much I should use?Or even if it would work?

It would work perfectly. Just add 1 or 2 spoons to the banana mash and work through with a wisk or fork. I think that you do need some fat in this recipe.
I was using the 1 banana to the half cup of oats.Would 1 tablespoon peanut butter be good?