Vegan Look, a two ingredient cookie!

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I sent this to my daughter. She is always making super healthy stuff for the kids to eat...most of it I wouldn't eat because usually there is no added sugar. She makes these "pancakes" that are green (puréed spinach) that they love and they don't even use syrup. Blech. Lol

I would like to try these, myself. I bet if I add raisins and pecans and maybe even some dates, they might be sweet enough for me.

Thanks for the recipe, Calliegirl!

I made the peach ones this morning, as I had some amazing peaches that had ripened very quickly on me. I added a drop of my sister's vanilla extract and crushed brazil nuts, and a little cinnamon sugar, heavy on the cinnamon.

They were good! and I got no pictures due to it being a Saturday morning when all four of us were here so they disappeared. :) They tasted better than they looked in any case; I'm not the neatest baker, and some of them stuck to the pan a little.

I make these quite a lot. But I make bars instead of cookies....discovered it when I was hungry one day & had no healthy snacks/wanted to use up some old bananas.

Usually I put mixed spice, walnuts & blueberries (in the middle of the bar so they have gooey blueberry centres.) :)

Ill try it the next time I but bananas. Which should be soon - a coworker is dying for me to bring in more vegan banana bread :p

I make these quite a lot. But I make bars instead of cookies....discovered it when I was hungry one day & had no healthy snacks/wanted to use up some old bananas.

Usually I put mixed spice, walnuts & blueberries (in the middle of the bar so they have gooey blueberry centres.) :)
I was thinking of using blueberries, too. I love bananas and blueberries together.

Reactions: Everleigh
I sent this to my daughter. She is always making super healthy stuff for the kids to eat...most of it I wouldn't eat because usually there is no added sugar. She makes these "pancakes" that are green (puréed spinach) that they love and they don't even use syrup. Blech. Lol

I would like to try these, myself. I bet if I add raisins and pecans and maybe even some dates, they might be sweet enough for me.

I think that I would like her recipes ! :D

BTW has anyone tried the banana cookies ? They look really tasty and easy to make.

I think that I would like her recipes ! :D

BTW has anyone tried the banana cookies ? They look really tasty and easy to make.

I made them yesterday. They were the first thing that I baked in a long time (ever?).

Personally, I thought that they were a bit too sweet, but not unbearable. I added raisins to the recipe.

I made them yesterday. They were the first thing that I baked in a long time (ever?).

Personally, I thought that they were a bit too sweet, but not unbearable. I added raisins to the recipe.

That is interesting to know. I wouldn't have thought that bananas and oat flakes would turn out too sweet. Prehaps it is the raisins that gave too much sweetness ? What was the texture like ?
Tx for giving us your feedback which is always interesting.:D

Reactions: Music Platter