Last Thing You Bought?

I went to a charity shop to drop off a donation and I saw a book I wanted to read for £1. I bought some more of the vegan chocolate bars I tried yesterday and the woman gave me a box of 12 bars for £5 which is a bargain as individually they are over £2 each.:)

I bought this and now I don't remember why lol.
What does one do with this? I'm sure I saw a recipe that sounded good but now I don't know which recipe it was. I don't want it to go bad like it did the last time I bought it which was several years ago.
I keep my recipes in CopyMeThat. so I can look up ingredients one-by-one.
Searched for Miso and found 10 but I only have actually made 3.
Vegan Miso isn't all that common so good that you found some

Reactions: KLS52
My sister got a new Apple Watch and sold me her old one for $50. Her old one is 5 years old and can't keep a charge all day.

I wasn't sure I wanted one so I wore it for 10 days and decided last night to keep it and gave her $50 and her birthday present.

I didn't think I needed an Apple Watch (I just got a fitness tracker last xmas). but everyday I found something else I liked about it or that it could do and now I'm a fan.

I have my iPhone or my fitness tracker for tracking sleep but the watch is better cause it measures your heart rate. The fitness tracker sometimes thought I was sleeping when I was just laying still.

I can use the watch to control the playback of my podcasts. the bezel controls the volume. and it's pretty easy to skip ahead or back 15 seconds. And you can ask Siri to skip the track too.

My Runkeeper app works with it.
Real easy to set a timer.
I can see the time and temperature - hands free.
Can give me directions
It gives me notifications....

I just have to remember to charge it up before bed and then in the morning.
The tracker only needed new batteries once a year and never needed charging. Oh. and the tracker was totally waterproof so you didn't have to take if off to shower or wash dishes.

my sister's new one is waterproof but she still has to charge it once a day

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
My sister got a new Apple Watch and sold me her old one for $50. Her old one is 5 years old and can't keep a charge all day.

I wasn't sure I wanted one so I wore it for 10 days and decided last night to keep it and gave her $50 and her birthday present.

I didn't think I needed an Apple Watch (I just got a fitness tracker last xmas). but everyday I found something else I liked about it or that it could do and now I'm a fan.

I have my iPhone or my fitness tracker for tracking sleep but the watch is better cause it measures your heart rate. The fitness tracker sometimes thought I was sleeping when I was just laying still.

I can use the watch to control the playback of my podcasts. the bezel controls the volume. and it's pretty easy to skip ahead or back 15 seconds. And you can ask Siri to skip the track too.

My Runkeeper app works with it.
Real easy to set a timer.
I can see the time and temperature - hands free.
Can give me directions
It gives me notifications....

I just have to remember to charge it up before bed and then in the morning.
The tracker only needed new batteries once a year and never needed charging. Oh. and the tracker was totally waterproof so you didn't have to take if off to shower or wash dishes.

my sister's new one is waterproof but she still has to charge it once a day
What series is it? I have a series three and I know I'm not using it to its full potential. It was given to me when the giver purchased a new one. I'm so used to my Fitbit because I track my calories in/calories out and it tracks my sleep, heartrate, records ekgs...the Apple Watch does ekgs too but I don't see where I can log in my food.

What series is it?
where I can log in my food.
I'm a big fan of CronOmeter. the CronOmeter app is on my phone.
I hadn't thought to try it on the watch. On the watch it's really easy to see your progress.
Adding food looks like it's pretty easy on the watch if the food is something you have had before.

I think I'll still mostly do what I have been doing: each night before bed update my CronOmeter on my computer.

My guess is that the food tracking with CronOmeter is much better than what you get get with your Fitbit.

but for most stuff like calories burned and other basic health stuff it probably isn't all that much better than a Fitbit.

I like all the other stuff it does.

And I'm still learning too.

I keep my recipes in CopyMeThat. so I can look up ingredients one-by-one.
Searched for Miso and found 10 but I only have actually made 3.
Vegan Miso isn't all that common so good that you found some

Yeah it is--most of the brands in US grocery stores are--like the Miso Master KLSN bought, Hikari....
I've been using Hikari for years from Asian stores, but I still check others.
Of course always check as everything, but I think you're conflating miso paste, that's just fermented soybeans, koji, some grain, salt, with the prepared miso soup that's usually made with a fishy stuff, like bonito or dashi stock

I like both the milder white for things like cheeese things, and red for umani in seitan

Reactions: Lou
A stressball.
I feel like I need fidget toys, but most of those are too soft. I need something that gives me resistance.
So a stressball is perfect.
If you don't know what a stressball is, it's a rubber ball that you squeeze in your fist.
The one I got has a nice texture too, it isn't smooth, so it feels nice against my fingertips.

Yesterday I returned the jeans to Old Navy and they were having a big 50% off sale for cardholders so I got a different pair of jeans, some black dress slacks, and a couple of tank tops to wear under those sheer shirts that seems to be the trend now. The tank tops were only $3 each then got 50% off!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I caught the "plant bug"...only took me 71 years, lol. I have a flat of annuals, two catmint plants that I bought yesterday and a dozen rose campion that I dug up and have to relocate. My problem is I have soil that is very rocky. I'm having a hard time finding a suitable location for everything! I also have little space that gets enough sun. ☀️

Reactions: Chryssie
-Some Bibado coverall bibs ready for weaning in a few months
- a clip on sunshade for the pushchair
- a vegan kitkat