Last Thing You Bought?

So Delicious Wondermilk vanilla…I’m skeptical as plant based ice cream in plain vanilla has been pretty tasteless, IMO experience. I always loved plain vanilla dairy ice cream. Going to pick it up now with my curbside grocery order.
It was surprisingly good! Probably the best vanilla non dairy so far (for me).

Reactions: PTree15
So Delicious Wondermilk vanilla…I’m skeptical as plant based ice cream in plain vanilla has been pretty tasteless, IMO experience. I always loved plain vanilla dairy ice cream. Going to pick it up now with my curbside grocery order.
I've decided to stick to the local ice cream place with vegan options. They have a weekly flavor menu and this Wed it's strawberry cordial. Their cordials are a vanilla oatmilk custard with fruity swirls. I've had their raspberry and it's fantastic! They don't often have this flavor

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Good karma plant based sour cream. 🤮 I'm so annoyed that I can't get Tofutti sour cream in my local stores. 😡

I'm going to try the good karma with simply organic French onion dip and have it with raw vegetables but I'm not too hopeful. It's more like yogurt (bad tasting at that) than sour cream.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Good karma plant based sour cream. 🤮 I'm so annoyed that I can't get Tofutti sour cream in my local stores. 😡

I'm going to try the good karma with simply organic French onion dip and have it with raw vegetables but I'm not too hopeful. It's more like yogurt (bad tasting at that) than sour cream.

Love, love Tofutti.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
I splurged on more Ocho chocolates...they have a variety bag of certified vegan minis that includes the caramels and also peanut butter and coconut! I'm only eating 1-2 a week so it's not hurting my weight loss goal. At 60 calories each it's easy to work it in on days when I'm doing really well. Sure, it's hard stopping at one, but I take my time and savor every gram of it lol.

Yogurt in the US tastes completely different to European brands. Moreover, it's virtually impossible to find unsweetened ones. I had
a hard time finding food without added sugar. Even crisps (chips) contained sugar!

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Yogurt in the US tastes completely different to European brands. Moreover, it's virtually impossible to find unsweetened ones. I had
a hard time finding food without added sugar. Even crisps (chips) contained sugar!
I can find plain dairy yogurt with no problem. I used to buy Chobani non fat plain Greek yogurt.
The US is definitely famous for adding sugar to everything. 😞

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I bought a bunch of stuff today! At Blue Springs park, I got a cute little necklace with a manatee on it. Then at TJ Maxx I got some pajamas and a robe which were on clearance. I had just realized my robe was probably 20 years old so I was due a new one! I also got a top and a light weight jacket as well as some misc. stuff. Then tonight I went downtown to the Farmer's Market which I haven't done in a long time and I got a cute little ring and some lettuce. Then to the Abbey Bar for a beer and a pretzel!

Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
Two Fuji apples and two Honeycrisp. Both are just awful and tasteless. 😩

At least I have some good grapes to fall back on. I don’t know if I can eat the apples…I might have to cut them up for the wildlife. They were that bad.

At least I have some good grapes to fall back on. I don’t know if I can eat the apples…I might have to cut them up for the wildlife. They were that bad.
What a shame! Honey crisp are usually so nice. What a disappointment.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15

What a shame! Honey crisp are usually so nice. What a disappointment.
I usually find Fuji ok.
Honeycrisp I swear often gets labeled wrong! I love the long, kinda narrow, crisp Honeycrisp that are kinda sweet with a bit of tart, but I've gotten them really bad. That awful mealy texture, dry, no flavor. I've been quite disappointed with apples this year
And what's up with organic apples? They're on the 'dirty dozen', but I rarely get good organic apples of any kind!
I missed apple orchard picking last fall-best way to get them

Reactions: KLS52 and HappyRoxy
I did buy a handheld bidet, but haven't attached it yet. I had one that went under the toilet seat, but it was pretty awful to remove to clean. The toilet seat broke at the hinge I believe from not being flat-luckily I called the manufacturer and they sent a new one!

I bought a blu-ray player. My DVD/VHS player finally gave out after more than 20 years, so I upgraded to the blu-ray. It's so small compared to the old DVD player. :D

Reactions: HappyRoxy
I ordered a 500 watt power pack so I have a source of some power for the upcoming hurricane season. It can power several things including lamps, fans, the tv and maybe even the fridge as well as electronics. You can get a solar panel for it too which I will probably get when they become available from the company. I am afraid hurricanes are going to be worse with climate change!

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and PTree15