Last Thing You Bought?

I ordered some new measuring cups, mung beans, a couple of rubber spatulas and black salt. Cheap Lazy Vegan has a recipe for homemade Just Egg using the mung beans and black salt, and I was thinking I would make an omelet with it. That is one thing I miss from my vegetarian days (broccoli cheese was my favorite!). I've tried some omelets made with chickpea flour, and while they were good, the texture wasn't the same. It looks like a nice simple recipe, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.
You mean moong dahl thats deskinned and split, right? Not the green mung/moong beans?
I had moong beans to sprout and figured I try them for an just egg recipe-pretty bad!
I wanted to try again, I now have moong dahl. I've made before and not really happy with it-kinda gummy.

Cheaplazyvegan uses aquafaba! Haven't seen that before, wonder if it would help the gummyness? Reviews aren't pleasant....
I'll try mixing with tofu next

You mean moong dahl thats deskinned and split, right? Not the green mung/moong beans?
I had moong beans to sprout and figured I try them for an just egg recipe-pretty bad!
I wanted to try again, I now have moong dahl. I've made before and not really happy with it-kinda gummy.

Cheaplazyvegan uses aquafaba! Haven't seen that before, wonder if it would help the gummyness? Reviews aren't pleasant....
I'll try mixing with tofu next
Yes, they are yellow in the video, so I'm assuming they are de-skinned and split. Cheap Lazy Vegan says in her video that the aquafaba really helped with texture. I saw in the comments that some people added silken tofu. I'm going to try her recipe as is and see how it goes for the omelet.

Reactions: KLS52
Apparently I dropped one of the old hooks on the floor by the radiator, lol. And there’s a piece of fuzz by the toilet, hahahahaha.

I bought Mast dark chocolate. It ranked best with the least/minimal amount of lead/cadmium. It's 80% dark and very bitter but not inedible. I'm thinking I might take some of it and melt it down, then add some nuts and maybe raisins or dried cranberries/cherries. That should help with the bitterness.

That is soooo disappointing! :(
I haven't bought any other than Aldi Moser Roth and that hasn't shown up afaik. I'm eating a Shroedingers box of chocolate!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Ahhhh....I need a really good pillow!
I've woken up in early morning hours with really bad neck pain. By the time I have to wake up it subsides, and goes away as the day goes on, but when it happens it's severe, Like trying to turn over every movement is locked and painful
I'm sure it's stress, but still need a good pillow. No chunks, no fiber.
My son got a Purple harmony that;s wonderful and expensive, but I'm discovering there are so many pricey ones

I also kinda need a new microwave

Ahhhh....I need a really good pillow!
I've woken up in early morning hours with really bad neck pain. By the time I have to wake up it subsides, and goes away as the day goes on, but when it happens it's severe, Like trying to turn over every movement is locked and painful
I'm sure it's stress, but still need a good pillow. No chunks, no fiber.
My son got a Purple harmony that;s wonderful and expensive, but I'm discovering there are so many pricey ones

I also kinda need a new microwave
The best pillow that I have ever had was one jumper. I folded it under my head.
But don't know if that is helpful. Just saying that you can get creative... if you are desperate enough... :weird:

I just bought some cleaning stuff for hairbrushes at Sally's for $3.49. The exact same thing was on Amazon for $14.10!! And yes it was the same size. I was shocked and I am really glad I remembered I was looking for that stuff when we were in Sally's.

I've been on a bit of spending spree, mostly things for the house. I've not done a whole lot with the house since I got laid off (save for the kitchen, which I painted after getting rid of some hideous wallpaper). My next project is spiffing up the half bath off my bedroom. It's got a very '70s look (orange walls with a brown linoleum floor and this awful painted vanity/countertop that was thrown together). So I finally got a standing toilet paper holder because there was no holder in there. I also bought a yellow, white and orange vase with a matching small canister (I plan to put cotton face scrubbies in it), in anticipation of painting the walls a pale yellow and the vanity white. I want to put some fake greens in the vase.

Other things I bought:
Some Easter decorations (a pair of ceramic pink bunnies and a decorative wooden egg that's pink and white)
Fake spring flowers (daffodils, hydrangeas and lilacs, as I can't have real ones because of allergies)
A quarter-sheet jelly roll pan
A deep 10-inch skillet with a cover for one-pot meals (I've been wanting one of these for a while)
Green and white dish towels (for St. Patrick's Day :) )
Silicone gaskets for some glass storage jars, as the gaskets were worn out and cracked.
Lots of cotton yarn that I found on sale