Last Thing You Bought?

Aldi has an almond nog and I passed on it.
I'll just add spices to some oatmilk, maybe a touch of rum extract. oooo....that extra creamy oatmilk would be so good for this! :kissing_heart:
yes, I’ve had better lN THE past (sorry that was Joon walking across my keyboard, the all caps, lol) finding a vegan instant vanilla pudding mix and add some of that, not enough to make it pudding, thick, of course, just enough to add flavor…and even stir in some coco whip. That adds all the creaminess and flavor to whatever milk I’m using. I don’t like a “thick” egg nog anyway. But with the correct blend of spices, this has been the best tasting non-dairy egg nog for me. I don’t do it often because it’s not exactly healthy or low in calories, lol. But I might try it this year since I’m kind of craving it. I so miss the Borden’s egg not in the can…it’s my very favorite. I can’t take too much nutmeg and I find the ones in the dairy section always had too much for my taste.

I treated myself to some new baking pans: two large, thin cookie sheets with a nice lip for gripping and a 6-cup muffin pan. I have a few recipes that make 16 or so muffins/cupcakes, and I had just one 12-cup pan, so it's nice to bake them all together.

Reactions: shyvas and Chryssie
I have ordered some Christmas presents for me! I decided to go ahead and get a mini-trampoline for my new workout equipment. I also ordered a rechargeable car battery jump starter because I am so paranoid about being stranded. It also charges phones. Also a sterling silver choker necklace just because I wanted one and some Arch fit Skechers. Merry Christmas to me even though they won't get here until who knows when!

I bought two jumpers, one for me and one for my husband and I bought myself a gold clutch bag for NYE. A teddy for my dog to play with. 2 beers and 2 bottles of wine!

Store brand plant based cream cheese! I was looking for the Philadelphia brand, but they didn't have it and I stumbled upon this. It is really good, very much like Tofutti.
4573C01C-6110-4762-A869-E58D392792C3.jpeg

I finally found a super unhealthy frozen meal that I like! 😁 The sauce was a little too much but I scraped some off, added extra daiya cheese and Tofutti sour cream. Sometimes I just need a junky fast meal. This didn't have any weird flavors or seasonings.DFE7D0E9-211E-43CF-993E-0DCEDF471EE4.jpeg

Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I bought a new digital bathroom scale (a fancy one that supposedly calculates a bunch of other numbers).The one I have now is acting all weird even after I put in new batteries. So I figured it was time to get a new one, as it's probably close to 20 years old. I also bought a new manual can opener. And I was able to use money I got for Christmas. :)

Reactions: KLS52
I don't know what possessed me to buy this coconut yogurt. I know I only like soy based as far as non dairy goes. I think it was the add ins...I thought it would make the yogurt taste better. 🤢🤮 I'm afraid to try the other two now but I don't want to just throw them out. 😭
E04FC8FC-95DA-4C2D-932B-D292FB2B362C.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I have never even seen those yogurts! I think I would like them! I got two new windchimes, both are butterflies. One of them lights up using solar batteries. I had one like it before and it was so pretty but the little strings wore out and broke.

Hate coconut yogurt--and combo with lime to me is soap!
I got the Aldi tofu dumplings on sale for .99 cents! So rate I find sales there, and they weren't even expired. Got 3 and kinda tempted to go back...if it warm I'd walk, but it isn't!
I'd like those windchimes, I remember them!

I don't know what possessed me to buy this coconut yogurt. I know I only like soy based as far as non dairy goes. I think it was the add ins...I thought it would make the yogurt taste better. 🤢🤮 I'm afraid to try the other two now but I don't want to just throw them out. 😭
View attachment 28479

The salted caramel one looks good. I'd imagine that they'd be too sweet though. I usually just buy plain coconut yogurt and add a
few drops of flavouring and sweetener. I used to buy a large carton of plain coconut yogurt from Sprouts when I was in CA. Not cheap mind you.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
I don't like coconut yoghurt either or coconut milk drinks. I do like coconut milk in a can, though. :iiam:

I am thinking about ordering stuff from Holland & Barrett. I need to do my roots with hair dye.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
The salted caramel one looks good. I'd imagine that they'd be too sweet though. I usually just buy plain coconut yogurt and add a
few drops of flavouring and sweetener. I used to buy a large carton of plain coconut yogurt from Sprouts when I was in CA. Not cheap mind you.
The sweetness wasn't the problem...it was the flavor of the yogurt. And the consistency. I should have known better but sometimes I think I'm an eternal optimist with trying new things...but I'm disappointed more often than not lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I ordered some new measuring cups, mung beans, a couple of rubber spatulas and black salt. Cheap Lazy Vegan has a recipe for homemade Just Egg using the mung beans and black salt, and I was thinking I would make an omelet with it. That is one thing I miss from my vegetarian days (broccoli cheese was my favorite!). I've tried some omelets made with chickpea flour, and while they were good, the texture wasn't the same. It looks like a nice simple recipe, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52