Last Thing You Bought?

I usually find Fuji ok.
Honeycrisp I swear often gets labeled wrong! I love the long, kinda narrow, crisp Honeycrisp that are kinda sweet with a bit of tart, but I've gotten them really bad. That awful mealy texture, dry, no flavor. I've been quite disappointed with apples this year
And what's up with organic apples? They're on the 'dirty dozen', but I rarely get good organic apples of any kind!
I missed apple orchard picking last fall-best way to get them
Both the Fuji and honey crisp were juicy and crunchy, just lacked any flavor. I considered cutting them up and adding some cinnamon sugar but then what’s the point of trying to eat a healthy apple. So I’d rather just let the animals have them.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
An eyebrow pencil. It's been about 10 years since I looked at a makeup aisle, and hadn't used any till I found an old brown eyeshadow pencil worked great to cover my grey brow hairs. I wanted to try one made for brows, and was floored at the cost of makeup! Most all the brow pencils were over $6 and up to $14 o_O. The very basic one I bought was $3.50. Anyway, it doesn't even cover my grey hairs. :worried:

I bought this and now I don't remember why lol.
What does one do with this? I'm sure I saw a recipe that sounded good but now I don't know which recipe it was. I don't want it to go bad like it did the last time I bought it which was several years ago.

A3B8E2E6-1A61-4634-8E80-54CCAC2C7619.jpeg

Reactions: HappyRoxy
I bought this and now I don't remember why lol.
What does one do with this? I'm sure I saw a recipe that sounded good but now I don't know which recipe it was. I don't want it to go bad like it did the last time I bought it which was several years ago.

View attachment 28709
Heck yes!
I love miso, and that's a good brand. Lots of recipes on their site too.
I add to seitan, it's the basis of my favorite hot/sour soup, added to a cornstarch slurry with garlic and ginger, tofu and veggies, esp bok choy
It's Dr Gregers only sub for salt (he's like zero salt!)
If I have a cold or flu it's my beverage of choice
Hot/sour soup--

Oh, it lasts like years if sealed and fridged!

I wish I liked miso too! I think it tastes strange.

I bought a garden shelf for inside my shed to store things like the cat carriers.

Reactions: PTree15
I wish I liked miso too! I think it tastes strange.

I bought a garden shelf for inside my shed to store things like the cat carriers.
I don’t know if I like it! I think I’ve only had it at Japanese restaurants in the form of broth. It’s ok but I can’t say that I loved it. But I’m going to give it a try on a few different things.

I'm sure I must have had it in vegan restaurant food, but any time I've tried to use it cooking at home I don't like it. I do prefer the white miso to the dark.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Flower bulbs! I'm so excited! They are for shade...bleeding hearts and Astilbe.
I love Astilbe! At my old house I planted white and a pinkish purple that got so big and fluffy, with great foliage--and spread. Summer before last I planted a couple here and only one survived, and not doing well at all! I got them from a local plant shop too :(

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15