Last Thing You Bought?

I found some good deals on my shopping outing today. I dropped off the bags of clothing at the thrift shop and went to Big Lots which is in the same plaza. Lucky for me today was a special 20% off day! I got toilet paper and tissues, a candy treat, some vegan snack bars, and a flag holder for my new kitty flag. Sadly the holder thing will have to be returned as it won't go together. Then I went to Beall's because I had a $5 reward to use there. I always look at clearance and I found 2 shirts and a pair of denim capris. I also found 2 other capris on sale. I guess I am quickly replacing what I gave away!

I love Big Lots and also the fact that you get a freebie from time to time. I find quite a lot of plant based food there for a fraction of the price. However, you do you to scan the aisles.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
My supermarkets have no sabra plain hummus so I had to try another brand. Also gross. Tastes like cigarette ashes. 🤢🤮
I think I figured out the cigarette ashes taste. Must be the tahini. Sabra is very mild while Joseph’s must use more. I just had the nature’s promise one and while it wasn’t as strong a taste as Joseph’s, it still had that taste to it.

• Informative
I found Aldi quite overwhelming when I went there for the first time the other day. Everything is piled up and they seem to have random stuff like gardening and DIY tools by the food aisles. They did have a vegan section but it had veggie stuff in there too. I think I will have to go back when it isn't so busy and look properly.

Two tomatoes, an avocado, mushrooms, vidalia onions, zucchini, whole grain bread, grapes, pears and watermelon. I’m going to eat healthy for awhile. ☺️

Ooooo... I need watermelon. Was thinking of stopping at produce mart but forgot they had watermelon on sale, so didn't
need fruit!!!!
and kale

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
A roll of jute yarn. I found a nice pattern to make a basket for the bathroom that will hold mini cotton washcloths.

Reactions: KLS52
A roll of jute yarn. I found a nice pattern to make a basket for the bathroom that will hold mini cotton washcloths.
Oh hey--have you ever thought to crochet a fake hornets nest? I saw that somewhere and thought of you. Fake hornets nests are supposed to deter the real ones from building a nest, territorial.
Never mind, looked it up and they're not proven to work

Oh hey--have you ever thought to crochet a fake hornets nest? I saw that somewhere and thought of you. Fake hornets nests are supposed to deter the real ones from building a nest, territorial.
Never mind, looked it up and they're not proven to work
Bummer that it doesn't work because it's a cool idea!

I spent $39 on fruit and vegetables. I feel like it’s a lot of money because it’s not going to last a week for three adults.

Three kiwi
Two pears
Two artichokes
Baby spinach
Two tomatoes
Lettuce
Two avocado
Five baby cucumbers
Four peaches
Two pkgs celery

I spent $39 on fruit and vegetables. I feel like it’s a lot of money because it’s not going to last a week for three adults.

Three kiwi
Two pears
Two artichokes
Baby spinach
Two tomatoes
Lettuce
Two avocado
Five baby cucumbers
Four peaches
Two pkgs celery
The prices are nuts. I went to Big Y for some produce and odds and ends, including a couple of pricey things. I escaped with a $102 bill., which is better than the last time I went shopping. I did get some good deals on Gardein. They had the ultimate chik'n nuggets on sale for $5.99 (regularly $8.99) and 50 cents off seven-grain tenders. I also got some FYH Cheddar shreds for $4.49 (50 cents off, I'll take it).

Frozen fruit was ridiculous, though. Last month, I bought a bag of frozen pineapple chunks for $8.99. Good-size bag and all. Today it was $15.99!! I was like, um, noooooo. So I got only some frozen blueberries and cherries, as they were the cheapest.

Other stuff I got:
Red grapes
McIntosh apples
Bananas
Limes
Lemons
Iceberg lettuce
Zucchini
Arugala
Spinach
An avocado
Violife Parmesan
Boca vegan chik'n patties
Tortilla chips
Sourdough bread
Kaiser rolls
Almond milk (finally found an unsweetened original!)
Earth Balance buttery spread
Assorted toiletries

• Friendly
I love Big Y but they are expensive. We have the brand new one right off the exit. Shop Rite seems to have the best prices unless I can grab a few items at Target or Walmart. I’ll tack some items when my daughter does her curbside pick up.

I love Big Y but they are expensive. We have the brand new one right off the exit. Shop Rite seems to have the best prices unless I can grab a few items at Target or Walmart. I’ll tack some items when my daughter does her curbside pick up.
They are expensive. I mostly go out of convenience, and they do have decent produce as compared to, say, Stop and Shop. They are just two miles away. I should go to Shop Rite more often. It's a farther from my house, but it's still doable.

I bought two grow-your-own mushroom kits yesterday. I tried growing Lion's Mane before and didn't get a great yield for the money, so this time I bought two different kinds of Oyster mushroom, pink and blue. I expect these to produce better, hopefully.

I've been kinda obsessed with prices of gluten going up and found 4 pounds of Anthonys vital wheat gluten for the old price of $14.93, on their own website---free shipping!
I just order two 4 lb bags for $28.96

Edit: this is really really weird. I clicked on the site from Google shopping and it immedietely loads at $20.99, then switches to $14.93
My order form shows 14.93 a 4 lb bag
My email confirm shows me paying 14.93 each! for a total of 28.96 for two!

If you just type in the site you get the higher price :eek: :shrug:

• Wow
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I bought four pounds in February at $18.99…I bet it’s more now. I need to start using it up. The soy curls are probably my new favorite over the TikTok nuggets, mainly because they are so easy.

• Friendly
If anyone needs vital wheat gluten--
Google vital wheat gluten, go to 'shopping',
select it from Anthonys Goods for $14.93 for 4 lbs and FREE shipping!
Mine was already delivered!

Some of my Trader Joe's stuff. I love pickled stuff. The mustard and spices are so good.
I also went super crazy and got tickets to Micky's Not So Scary Halloween party. My 40th was ripe pandemic time, so I wanted to make up for it. I have not been to Magic Kingdom since I was a teen.

Attachments

• pickles.jpg
    pickles.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Love
Reactions: Raven
Movie tix for Dr Strange
Non Dairy Evolution by Gentle Chef
and I got back browsing Ebay,,, so 🤔 :rofl: So much old music I want on old LP's! I never got over giving my collection up :sigh:

Reactions: Raven