Last Thing You Bought?

I bought some groceries from Tesco. I am trying to economise because of the rise in the cost of living here. I am going to sit down and write out a meal plan in a minute to make sure we aren't wasting food. I am going to go through what we have in the cupboards and freezer too.

New pair of jeans. Happy they fit and that I didn’t have to go up a size considering the extra pounds.

My cats are ruining all of my clothes with snagging their claws, despite my keeping their nails trimmed. It’s pretty frustrating…and expensive. I have to stay in raggy clothes most days and then change if I’m going out, then remember to change back…unless it’s a day I don’t care what I look like lol. Then I just leave the clawed jeans on especially if it’s a quick trip to the supermarket. The good thing is, I don’t run into people I know because I only know a handful of people here. 😁

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and PTree15
A random assortment from sainsburys:

Some eye ointment from the pharmacy for E
Plant pioneers lemon cake
Porkless pies for husband
Nakd bars
Banana crispy tiddlers for E (some weird fruit snacks shaped like fish, lol. He chose them.)

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
A set of vegan jerky
We preordered tickets to Dr Strange MOM. They went on sale at 9 am et and we got them at 9:15. Way more expensive for a movie than I like.

Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I went to Goodwill just to replace my daily drinking glass I broke--last of my Deadpool glasses :worried:
I did find a good one--heavy bottom and tapered, wish they had more,
I was surprised by how many good clothes they had,and electronics!
I bought a lightweight really soft tie dye pullover (jumper)
a black and grey floral pullover
a wild colored, kinda paisly tunic with wide flowing sleeves and flared bottom. I can wear this with leggings, or tights.

I did not buy a beautiful emeral colored faux fur jacket I found at Aldi. When I saw it I immediately picked it up,then realized how little I'd wear it, if it had buttons maybe, but it was a zipper. Gorgeous color and sherpa though!

Reactions: PTree15
I went to Trader Joe's. :) I hadn't been in a while. I got:
A block of tofu
Bananas
Tomatoes
Everything but the Bagel seasoning
Almond milk
Tater tots
Veggie potstickers
Vegan Tzatziki sauce
Earth Balance vegan butter
Ciabatta rolls
A large onion

Reactions: Amy SF and Lou
A block of tofu
Bananas
Tomatoes
Almond milk
Tater tots
Veggie potstickers
Vegan Tzatziki sauce
Ciabatta rolls
A large onion
No soy chorizo? :dismay:
How is the tzatziki sauce? Yogurt-y--thick or thin?

No soy chorizo? :dismay:
How is the tzatziki sauce? Yogurt-y--thick or thin?
I think it's yogurt-y, though I haven't opened it yet. It didn't seem thin in the container, though. I'm going to use it on falafel. I haven't made falafel in ages, and I'm craving it.

I never think to get the soy chorizo! I was never a fan of the non-veg*n variety. :D

I think it's yogurt-y, though I haven't opened it yet. It didn't seem thin in the container, though. I'm going to use it on falafel. I haven't made falafel in ages, and I'm craving it.

I never think to get the soy chorizo! I was never a fan of the non-veg*n variety. :D
I never had other chorizo. TJ's tastes just like how i remember taco filling tasting, and has a nice texture. I often use half in a Mexican dish, and the rest with beans and rice, or a taco salad, or a dip, or nachos......

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
A block of tofu
Bananas
Tomatoes
Almond milk
Tater tots
Veggie potstickers
Vegan Tzatziki sauce
Ciabatta rolls
A large onion
Which one do you go to?

Which one do you go to?
There is one in Manchester, so I go there. I used to go to the one in West Hartford when I was working full-time because it wasn't far off I-84. My town has every store imaginable because once you cross the Connecticut River, there isn't a lot of shopping. :)

Reactions: KLS52