Last Thing You Bought?

A 12 pack of plastic molds to make stepping stones! And a bag of sakrete. I made four stones…three with the sakrete and one with something my husband had leftover. The three sakrete came out perfectly but not the other one. So I will get another bag of sakrete and make three more. I don’t need too many…it’s not for an actual walkway, just for decoration. I’m going to paint them white then stencil on butterflies, bees and dragonflies. I’ll post pics when I’m done unless they come out really bad, lol. I don’t always succeed with putting what’s in my mind onto an actual project, haha.

A 12 pack of plastic molds to make stepping stones! And a bag of sakrete. I made four stones…three with the sakrete and one with something my husband had leftover. The three sakrete came out perfectly but not the other one. So I will get another bag of sakrete and make three more. I don’t need too many…it’s not for an actual walkway, just for decoration. I’m going to paint them white then stencil on butterflies, bees and dragonflies. I’ll post pics when I’m done unless they come out really bad, lol. I don’t always succeed with putting what’s in my mind onto an actual project, haha.
I'm looking forward to seeing your results. I have always wanted to make a gem pond with butterflies and dragonflies around it.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
These are the molds. I thought the price was reasonable. And you can reuse them which was a nice surprise. They didn’t get ruined. These aren’t that big so not sure they would work for an actual walkway but I’m sure there are larger ones out there.
My daughter purchased large already made stones from Home Depot but they are expensive! And heavy!

After I do my stencil ones I’d like to try a couple with broken glass/ceramic pieces or colored stones…like a mosaic!

CBDB3A82-099C-4D39-8831-3F650B650573.jpeg

Reactions: PTree15
I gotta squish a squish! they're so darn popular!

I keep hearing about wheat being scarce and wanting to stock up before it goes up too high! I've gotten so hooked on making seitan

Welp, I did it again. Google anthonys vital wheat gluten, go to 'shopping', you'll see Anthonys for $14.48 for 4 lbs, which is by far the cheapest price! I got two 4 lb bags for $28.96---free shipping
It's like an easter egg! :laughing:

So I decided I didn't have enough privacy in my car for break time, so I got stuff like
retractable windshield sun shade, privacy curtains for all 4 windows, and another curtain for the back.
I'm not sure if it gives enough privacy to change my clothes in, but I can feel less weird about napping at break time. The curtains do let some sun in, but outside looking in, it is impossible to see inside. What's great is everything can be retracted, instead of having to be stored. I did run into an issue of the curtain falling off when I leave the car, so it's not perfect.
car1.jpg
car2.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome! where'd you get those?
I put up a sun shade just to try and keep the temp down, but it would be cool to just pull one across, and have side shades
do they keep the car cooler?

Last edited:
Peaches and apricots at Aldi…and they’re awful. The peaches are 100% mealy. The apricots texture is ok but they are tasteless. I’m so annoyed.

• Sad
I guess I could cut them up and leave them out for the wildlife. I’ll google first to make sure it’s ok for them to eat.

Peaches and apricots at Aldi…and they’re awful. The peaches are 100% mealy. The apricots texture is ok but they are tasteless. I’m so annoyed.
You know I love my Aldi-- but not for most fruits! I don't buy their stone fruit since having such bad. Berries, pineapple, maybe melons, bananas and dates only--and kiwi. Maybe citrus but I buy most from a produce place anyway

• Informative
I bought the following book as I like to walk around Brighton & Hove. So, I'm going to try and do all of the walks as
I'll be staying there for a whole month :

1659867167635.png

Walking Brighton & Hove

• Paperback
By (author) Andrew Kershman
The streets of Brighton and Hove have some incredible tales to tell.

In eight unique walks you will visit the grave of the legendary Phoebe Hessel (who spent 17 years in the army disguised as a man and lived to be Brighton's oldest resident), learn about the remarkable rise and fall of Thomas Reed Kemp while exploring the area that bears his name and discover a plaque to Tom Sayers, who grew up in the slums of Brighton, to become the last great bare-knuckle boxing champion.

On the Old Steine, find out about The Battle of Tar Tub, when the authorities attempted to stop Guy Fawkes night celebrations and visit a cafe in a former Art Deco tram shelter. With this book in hand you will visit Graham Greene's favourite pubs and pass the location of one of the notorious Trunk Murders of the 1930s to find out how one guilty man escaped justice.

Walking Brighton & Hove will surprise both seasoned residents and first time visitors alike with the remarkable story of how two sleepy fishing villages became today's vibrant city.

* 8 illustrated walks
* details on the best cafes & pubs
* information on local attractions, museums and galleries
* maps - to help you navigate

You know I love my Aldi-- but not for most fruits! I don't buy their stone fruit since having such bad. Berries, pineapple, maybe melons, bananas and dates only--and kiwi. Maybe citrus but I buy most from a produce place anyway
I don't buy much fruit from Aldi, either. I've lucked out most of the time with grapes and lemons, but that's about it.

Oh, and the last thing I bought...an iPhone 12. I had been a Samsung girl, but after I got the Galaxy s7, I bought a MacBook Pro. My s7 lasted six years, and it was my first smartphone, but it was time for a new one. I figured since I have the MacBook, it would be good to have the iPhone. They talk to each other much better. I didn't go for the latest model because, well, money. :D So I got the 12, which will suit my purposes just fine. I'm loving it so far.

Last edited:
I ordered a robot vacuum. Not one of the very expensive brands and some weekly groceries.

Reactions: KLS52