Last Thing You Bought?

What do you use your airfryer for? I've been wondering whether it's worth us getting one.
It’s so hard to say whether an air fryer would be something you might want. I have suggested it to several people because we use ours every day, and none of them were happy with it! They ended up returning theirs. 🤷‍♀️

My son/husband use it for all of their omni foods. It’s especially good for frozen stuff. I love it for leftovers, veggie/chik’n burgers, pizza and it’s great for vegetables like carrots, onions, zucchini and potatoes.

A lot of people don’t like using them because they don’t like cleaning it. They find cleaning a fry/oven pan easier. This second one we have is much easier to clean than the previous one. If you decide to get one, try to find one with a smooth inside. I’ll try and find pictures of what I mean. The first one we had was a nightmare, to be honest. But then it’s probably harder when you are sharing with omnis. Vegan food wouldn’t/shouldn’t be an issue.

I like to use parchment paper when I cook my foods.

Air fryers are brilliant, especially for any type of frozen food like pasties, burgers, sausages. They cook the food in much less time than in a oven. I wanted a second one as I wanted to make roast dinners and you can't really fit in everything in one. I have a 5.5litre one and I got a 10 litre one so they should easily cook a roast dinner for two people. I will use the hob still on my oven to steam veggies but not the main oven bit.

I need to go and rejig my counter space actually. That is one annoying thing that they do take up a lot of space on the counter.

Air fryer…here’s the deal based on my experience. This is similar to the first one we had. The lines on the side of the basket are slits…grease gets in between and it’s a bear to clean. Also, the handle broke several times because of the way it’s constructed. Luckily my husband is hardly and was able to replace the screws. We liked how the fryer operated so we went so far as to buy a replacement basket at one point. But that also broke after a few months.

29071BA2-3E1B-48FB-811A-10AE71905C1D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: hungryraccoon
Son purchased our second air fryer and he chose this one. Much easier to clean as there is no individual basket, but rather a removable grill pan. The sides of main basket are smooth and easy to clean. The handle is also constructed more as one piece so not easily able to break. This second one also has more cooking options. I have made the Sweet Loren refrigerator cookies in it and they come out really good. It’s nice because I can literally make two if I want. That way I don’t have to worry about portion control, haha.

A6EB9DDB-FDC2-498B-8228-83AB0A1ADE47.jpeg

Also, don’t go too small. Unless you really have a space issue. So just pay attention to the size. I think ours is the 5.7 qt. I had purchased a 3 qt for my sister which she didn’t end up using, so when our first broke for good, we used that for a couple of weeks. It was way too small for our family of three adults.

I probably should have put this in the air fryer thread…I think we have one? Lol

• Informative
Reactions: hungryraccoon
After all of this, don’t feel bad if you decide not to get one, lol. I just don’t think an air fryer is for everyone. It’s like people with the instant pot…I don’t see me ever getting one. Yet so many people can’t live without theirs. And that’s ok! 😀

After all of this, don’t feel bad if you decide not to get one, lol. I just don’t think an air fryer is for everyone. It’s like people with the instant pot…I don’t see me ever getting one. Yet so many people can’t live without theirs. And that’s ok! 😀

I really think they are but they don't replace a standard oven. Moreover, an air fryer is a small fan assisted oven.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
The new air fryer is different to the other one and it has two shelves like an oven. The old one has just a basket type tray. I hope it works as well.

I just ordered a few travel bags as I'm going away overnight for a couple times in September. Amazon as usual. I keep Amazon in business!

Reactions: PTree15
I really think they are but they don't replace a standard oven. Moreover, an air fryer is a small fan assisted oven.
When I say they’re not for everyone, I mean not everyone likes them, as indicated by the people I know who have tried them and returned them…if that makes sense. Of course I think everyone should have one, which is why I always recommend them to people when the subject comes up, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
When I say they’re not for everyone, I mean not everyone likes them, as indicated by the people I know who have tried them and returned them…if that makes sense. Of course I think everyone should have one, which is why I always recommend them to people when the subject comes up, lol.

I think that lots of people don't know how to use them and think that they are buying a fryer. :D

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
While I don't really have an "air fryer", my toaster oven has an air fryer function. I also had a Mealthy air fryer lid for my Instant Pot. They both convinced me I was not a fan. If anything had a coating of oil it smelled terrible. I do like my toaster oven
I'd forgotten about the Mealthy lid. I really need to see things go

I got a 10 lb bag of potatoes at Aldi. Just a few days ago they were almost $7, today they were down to $4.50. I usually buy them there, and they looked fine. Been a bit obsessed over things that used to be cheap and now are not, like potatoes :ignore:

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
While I don't really have an "air fryer", my toaster oven has an air fryer function.
I said to my husband that the new air fryer looked like a toaster oven. I hadn't even heard of a toaster oven before until I watched The Real Housewives of New York but one woman was always talking about them and how much she uses hers.

We booked the hotel, train tickets and concert tickets for my husband's birthday. I spent so much money yesterday! Eek. It will be nice to go somewhere I haven't been before, though.

A bag of baguettes ( some granary, some white) weighing 6 kilos for 1€. Lidl often sells them
either in the morning or mid afternoon as they are rejects.
I bought them especially to feed some gulls that I noticed yesterday when I was on the industrial
estate.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I had to get at $300 worth of related car repairs to get an E-check waiver. I got my car yesterday, that had other repairs done, and today got my waiver and then got a two year registration sticker. That cost $120 :(
I had an appt with an oral surgeon, as I had a biopsy done on what my dentist called a 'lesion' on the inside of my cheek. The oral surgeon said it didn't look like anything serious, and gave me the choice of waiting to see or getting it biopsied. I knew how anxious I'd be, so I chose the biopsy. That cost me close to $400 with lab and everything. Of course what matters is that's negative. She called it 'lichen' something, that she suspected when she first saw me.
There really is no "average" monthly bills anymore. Things seem to come up every single month you can't foresee
Oh, and I got gas at $3.17 a gallon :). That was a lucky break as I would have pulled into a station at $3.49 if I weren't in the wrong lane. I go to Shell, which has given me better mileage from my experience

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Raven