Last Thing You Bought?

Went to a new to me store, Fresh Market. It’s really cool. I bought Miyoko’s butter, unsalted! I also tried her oat milk butter but it’s not very good. I will find something to do with it but will not buy again.

Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I'm sneering at those "grain free" "pretzels" 🙄 :laughing:.

I stopped at the discount store and saw 3 nice Hamilton Beach coffee makers on a high shelf. I got one in front down and the box was really damaged, I got a nearby cane from a display and got another one down- also a damaged box, but they were only $15. I figured I'd get one as mine has an iffy switch. I get up with my alarm to turn it on then go back to snooze, that's getting kinda old too

I totally forgot to buy chopped frozen spinach. I wasn't thinking when I got it last time, for dips and quiche, and bought leaf spinach. Not good to have big leafy dip on your chip :no:
Since I didn't send this yet--the coffee maker works great!
I also wore the black pants I got from OId Navy, and they're very comfortable! A nice thin cotton/poly blend I guess.

Went to Trader Joes and got more Soy beverage and nectarines. Those nectarines better be good, every peach I've had so far has been different levels of bad! Cashew cheddar slices, corn tortillas, and chopped spinach

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Tried the violife cheese last week. No epiphany there as well.

This cheese looks promising. However, I don't know whether it's available in Germany. Applewood cheese is also quite good and melts
far better than Violife:

was about to place an order for Anthony wheat gluten from amazon and saw the price raised to $17.99 for 4 pounds
So, I went back to Country Life foods and looked at my cart there:
3 pounds of Butler soy curls $17
15 pounds of vital wheat gluten $14
1 pound of bac'n flavor tvp $3
I ordered that for just about $44, which includes shipping (10.)

I may place an order from amazon for nutritional yeast and masks, but then I'll be done. shoot. the lysine cat treats for Cali and Sophie

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
From the charity shop:

3 children's books for £1 (very happy as one was on my amazon wishlist. They're all brand new.)

Some Thomas puzzles £1

Some brand new trainers for E in the next size up £1.50

From Holland & Barrett - Some children vegetable vitamin syrup

was about to place an order for Anthony wheat gluten from amazon and saw the price raised to $17.99 for 4 pounds
So, I went back to Country Life foods and looked at my cart there:
3 pounds of Butler soy curls $17
15 pounds of vital wheat gluten $14
1 pound of bac'n flavor tvp $3
I ordered that for just about $44, which includes shipping (10.)
This package ordered yesterday, is already delivered!
I'm pretty thrilled!
Butler Soy Curls are $30.99 for 3 lbs (six, 8 oz bags) on amazon.
The cheapest vwg is a pound less for that price
and...those bac'n tvp bits taste just like Baco's but the texture is better
CountryLife will have my business !

Attachments

• 20210803_131957.jpg
    20210803_131957.jpg
    881.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I just ordered a pair of those sneakers Lou posted in the vegan sneaker thread. I shouldn't have done it as I need some dress shoes not more sneakers!

• Love
Reactions: KLS52
I just ordered a pair of those sneakers Lou posted in the vegan sneaker thread. I shouldn't have done it as I need some dress shoes not more sneakers!
They are really cool!

I can't resist a comfortable looking sneaker! Working on my feet for 5+ hours makes me think about my feet a lot!

Let us know how they workout. I told my sister about them and she is going to order them, too!

I'd order them if they were for men.

I hope vegan sneakers are more comfortable than they used to be. I once bought some non-leather sneakers from Payless Shoes and wore them a couple times around the house to break them in, as I was used to doing with leather shoes. And then I wore them to a museum exhibit and OMG my feet were in such pain after walking around for an hour. The shoes never did get comfortable on me, and I got rid of them and went back to leather shoes.

I had $10 in Kohl’s cash expiring tomorrow, so today I ordered a new Breville electric kettle, along with some really cheap but nice short sleeved cotton shirts. (Croft & Barrow) There were only 4 reviews for the kettle, but they were all positive, and I got a small discount on the $60 price. I have a microwave, but it’s a lot slower than it used to be, and I’m tired of waiting for the water for my tea to be not quite as hot as I want it to be. I hope the kettle works like it should.

Of course now I have another $10 in Kohl’s cash to use later this month, but my great niece is having her first birthday this month, and I’ve already picked out a cute outfit to send her. I might send a second item like a little toy, and perhaps a couple of toys for her two brothers as well.

Reactions: KLS52