Last Thing You Bought?

My son got me a Starbucks brand french press when he was working there. It’s packed away somewhere.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I never liked French presses. I bought a travel French press for camping. worse coffee ever. The aero press is pretty cool, tho
I am totally a pour over guy now

Reactions: Raven and KLS52
My dishwasher wouldn't start so I watched youtube vids. After peeling off the membrane with the cheap pad buttons (whatever they're called-the metal pads under the membrane) I found three traces were open- according to the video the very ones that wouldn't light up
Anyway, I bought a circuit writer pen from Microcenter, a can of air, and got a free memory stick & a memory card! Total was about $20
The control panel itself is between 150-200, I'm so hoping this works!

I also stopped at Goodwill and found jeans that fit perfectly! They even had the days half off color, so only $4!

Fresh Thyme had organic raspberries on sale as well as raw cashews 4.99 a pound. I've been telling myself to only buy the organic ones for the fair trade aspect, but still bought 2 pounds of these.

I had a physical therapy appointment in Tarzana today, and there’s a Whole Foods two doors down (not next door, as I mentioned elsewhere on the board). So I stopped in after my appointment and bought

Sweet cherries
Red Grapes
A box of cut mango
A bunch of radishes
And a bottle of Follow Your Heart vegan Honey Mustard dressing, made with Vegenaise and agave nectar as the honey replacement. The dressing is relatively low in sodium, so I’m glad I found it.

Reactions: Lou and Chryssie
Garden Gourmet's tuna in the glas and OMG!! It's actually good and not vile like the rest of tuna substitutes I ever tasted in the past. I was hesitant first but now I hope that it will be a keeper at the local supermarket.

Finally tuna sandwiches again for me!!

Garden Gourmet's tuna in the glas and OMG!! It's actually good and not vile like the rest of tuna substitutes I ever tasted in the past. I was hesitant first but now I hope that it will be a keeper at the local supermarket.

Finally tuna sandwiches again for me!!

What's it made of?

My second physical therapy appointment was today, and again I stopped into Whole Foods, which I plan to make a regular thing, even if I only get one or two things. Today I bought:

1 bottle Naked brand Mighty Mango juice
1 pack Seventh Generation recycled napkins
1 package hickory smoked Gouda
1 package sharp cheddar cheese
1 large bottle of Tejava tea
1 bag store brand Asian salad kit (vegan)
1 small bag of tortilla chips
And three pieces of balsamic grilled tofu from the deli which I’ll try in about 15 minutes. If I like it I’ll get more next week, if they still have it. And if I like the Asian salad kit, which I probably will, I can put the two together.

Reactions: Chryssie
Balsamic Grilled Tofu review: The balsamic flavor was very strong, but balsamic is a very strong vinegar anyway; it tends to overpower everything else in the salad whenever I use it, so I rarely ask for it. The tofu also tasted a bit dry. I ate two of the pieces and will chop up the third and add it to the Asian salad; perhaps the dressing will improve its dryness.

What's it made of?
Pea and wheat protein.

Again in all honesty: after having tried - I think - three different other substitutes I didn't think a company would come up with a tuna substitute I like. Somehow that gives me hope for a decent vegan cheese I can put on pizza and that I actually like as well, lol.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Pea and wheat protein.

Again in all honesty: after having tried - I think - three different other substitutes I didn't think a company would come up with a tuna substitute I like. Somehow that gives me hope for a decent vegan cheese I can put on pizza and that I actually like as well, lol.

Yes, that's a different story................;)

• Agree
Reactions: Mufflon