Last Thing You Bought?

I looked that up too, astaxanthin. I think I’m going to buy the same ones as @shyvas.
I was reading side effects and drug interactions and was feeling a little skeptical, but then saw that under 3grams/day is safe and these are well under. I hope they don’t give me indigestion/repeat on me. I’m not sure I’m going to tolerate a fishy taste very well.

I've had that brand. I've found taking algae supplements first thing in the morning with a glass of water reduces the chances of burping. I also find the powdered form is even less chance. I've been taking algae dha for many years and definitely find it's beneficial.
This is what I take now-it's the powdered form and higher than most. Each capsule has 400 combined dha/epa so it's actually 120 days worth

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Darn…wish I knew about the powdered. I think I would prefer that.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I did a Chewy order for Theo, cat food and litter.
Nothing too excited, lol.

Before this purchase, my last thing was a late lunch out at a vegetarian restaurant (Garden Grille in Rhode Island) with two friends I hadn't seen in more than a year. They love veggie food. I had a vegan Reuben (made with seitan and it was outstanding) with a bed of greens topped with a tasty house dressing. Then we went next door to Wildflowers vegan bakery, where I bought a chocolate peanut butter cupcake. It happened to be gluten-free, too, and I was a little concerned that it would be dry, but it was wonderful. The restaurant does have dairy cheese, but every dish can be made with vegan cheese. They used Violife mozzarella on the Reuben. I had to ask because it was really good!

• Love
Reactions: Amy SF and KLS52
I looked that up too, astaxanthin. I think I’m going to buy the same ones as @shyvas.
I was reading side effects and drug interactions and was feeling a little skeptical, but then saw that under 3grams/day is safe and these are well under. I hope they don’t give me indigestion/repeat on me. I’m not sure I’m going to tolerate a fishy taste very well.

@KLS52 Here is more information concerning this product including the health benefits and also the manner in which it's fabricated :

Visited Walgreens before my physical therapy appointment, bought some body wash and Breathe Right nasal strips. Visited Whole Foods AFTER my physical therapy appointment, and bought two bags of Asian style chopped salad, a big bottle of calcium tabs, two small boxes of fresh cut mango, a package of Wildwood teriyaki baked tofu (I usually prefer Trader Joe’s version, but the Wildwood is okay when I add it to the chopped salad), and two bottles of Evolution brand Tropical Passion juice blend.

I did a lot of walking this afternoon, and I’m exhausted.

Last edited:
I went to Fresh Thyme for a sale on Beyond Breakfast sausage at $3.99, with my dollar off coupons! I got 2 packs of the links
They have really expanded their vegan offerings, and had sales that weren't in the ad. I also bought Sweet Earth Pad Thai and Kung Pao Chik'n that were $3.00 each. Looking forward to Mondays work lunch already!

I bought this cookbook on ebay, it was a charitable site, but wasn't even $6, and free shipping! I have to admit, I partly got it because I've seen it for a whole lot more! I used to get this from my library, but it's been gone for some time.
A very good one, esp if you like meat alternatives--many washed flour seitan recipes, but lots more
9780028612676-us.jpg

@silva I remember "Vegetarian Times" magazine reviewed that book- but oddly, I don't remember what their review said about it. It was a LONG time ago... I had a subscription to that magazine back in the '90s, although I've read it occasionally since then.

• Informative
I went to Fresh Thyme for a sale on Beyond Breakfast sausage at $3.99, with my dollar off coupons! I got 2 packs of the links
They have really expanded their vegan offerings, and had sales that weren't in the ad. I also bought Sweet Earth Pad Thai and Kung Pao Chik'n that were $3.00 each. Looking forward to Mondays work lunch already!
I really liked sweet earth general Tsao’s tofu but haven’t had it in awhile. I just saw the kung pao and added it to my grocery pick up. I don’t know if I’ll get it. I’m curious to see if I’ll like it

I got it and it was not good. I think it’s because I used to get this(photo). And the sweet earth just doesn’t compare. It was pretty tasteless. The Chick’n pieces in it were good though. I didn’t end up eating it sadly.

The vegetarian plus brand is amazing but I can’t get it locally anymore. Tastes like something you would get at a Chinese restaurant. Maybe when the weather cools more I’ll place an order with vegan essentials.
56180048-5965-48E8-9911-29A093E5F769.jpeg

• Friendly
I have spent a fortune today. I bought three new dresses and a necklace from New Look. From Amazon I then had to buy tights, hair colour, conditioner and lipgloss. I also stocked up on toilet paper, sparkling water and flea treatment for my animals. I also got cash out for my massage this week and then spent some money at the local shop. I also bought herbal tablets called echinacea. I spent close to £300 today. I'm supposed to be saving up for our house move.:eek:

I have bought 2 t-shirts from local businesses. One is from the Abbey Bar which is one of my favorite places and then at the Farmer's Market I got a DeLand shirt that says "Small Town Love" and has a silhouette of the old Volusia county courthouse skyline. It is a cool pink color. I love t-shirts!

Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I really liked sweet earth general Tsao’s tofu but haven’t had it in awhile. I just saw the kung pao and added it to my grocery pick up. I don’t know if I’ll get it. I’m curious to see if I’ll like it
I had the Sweet Earth pad Thai and it was terrible! What was I thinking to buy frozen tofu, when I hate tofu after freezing? They were like the texture of shoe insoles, and not a flavor of anything I wanted to taste! The rice noodles weren't cooked as much as I like, and the sauce was just a very bland brown sauce.
I will not be getting any more from that brand
Aldi had 3 frozen Asian dinners that lasted maybe a day at my store. All three were delicious! I can't understand why they don't market vegan foods that I like and are cost comparable to other frozen foods :shrug:. Even Trader Joes discontinued the ones I liked.
And stouffers lean cuisine used to have a vegan butternut squash ravioli I would get for lunch-that's been gone for years! It seems as if when a lot of people like vegan foods, not just vegans, they have to take it away before it catches on! My mother always bought those and that's the only way I found it--not through any vegan suggestions

• Friendly
I had to buy a new blowdryer, as my other one died. I had it for at least 20 years, so I think I got my money's worth. :)

I also bought dish soap, sub rolls, flour tortillas and vegan cashew-based yogurt. I bought the yogurt for a recipe my friend shared for 3-ingredient bagels. It calls for Greek yogurt, so I figured I would try to sub with vegan yogurt. The recipe makes four bagels, so that's perfect for me. And they are a bit lighter than typical deli bagels. I have that Everything Bagel seasoning, so I think that will work great as a topping.

I had to buy a new blowdryer, as my other one died. I had it for at least 20 years, so I think I got my money's worth. :)

I also bought dish soap, sub rolls, flour tortillas and vegan cashew-based yogurt. I bought the yogurt for a recipe my friend shared for 3-ingredient bagels. It calls for Greek yogurt, so I figured I would try to sub with vegan yogurt. The recipe makes four bagels, so that's perfect for me. And they are a bit lighter than typical deli bagels. I have that Everything Bagel seasoning, so I think that will work great as a topping.
Oh I want to hear more about the bagels! Have you made them before? I like the idea of a lighter texture. Let me know how they come out, please and thanks!