Last Thing You Bought?

Oh I want to hear more about the bagels! Have you made them before? I like the idea of a lighter texture. Let me know how they come out, please and thanks!
Will do. I was hoping to make them today, but I've been booked up with work that has taken me longer than expected. I still may squeeze them in. They don't take very long. My friend made them in her air fryer. I will have to bake them in the oven, though, so the texture might be different. I still need to get an air fryer. My sister just bought one. There are so many brands and styles. Too many options, haha!

Reactions: KLS52
Will do. I was hoping to make them today, but I've been booked up with work that has taken me longer than expected. I still may squeeze them in. They don't take very long. My friend made them in her air fryer. I will have to bake them in the oven, though, so the texture might be different. I still need to get an air fryer. My sister just bought one. There are so many brands and styles. Too many options, haha!
My advice would be pay attention to size. Even though you’re one person I find the bigger size is better.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
My advice would be pay attention to size. Even though you’re one person I find the bigger size is better.
I was thinking that. My sister got a 7.25-quart one, but she didn't like how big and bulky it was, so she's going to return it for a smaller one. I don't have a ton of counter space, so I have to think about that. I guess I could figure out a place to store it if I can't leave it on the counter. Maybe some rearranging is in order. :)

I was thinking that. My sister got a 7.25-quart one, but she didn't like how big and bulky it was, so she's going to return it for a smaller one. I don't have a ton of counter space, so I have to think about that. I guess I could figure out a place to store it if I can't leave it on the counter. Maybe some rearranging is in order. :)
I didn’t think about counter space. That does need to come into play.
I have a good size one but something happened and the basket won’t stay in the air fryer so you can’t turn it on. I had bought my sister one that ended up being smaller and she didn’t like it so she gave it back to me. When I went to use that one it was way too small even when I was just making something for myself. Luckily, I figured out a way to keep the basket on the original one in place with a bungee cord, LOL. But it works really good! There’s really nothing wrong with the air fryer other than it not staying closed so the bungee cord did the trick.

I didn’t think about counter space. That does need to come into play.
I have a good size one but something happened and the basket won’t stay in the air fryer so you can’t turn it on. I had bought my sister one that ended up being smaller and she didn’t like it so she gave it back to me. When I went to use that one it was way too small even when I was just making something for myself. Luckily, I figured out a way to keep the basket on the original one in place with a bungee cord, LOL. But it works really good! There’s really nothing wrong with the air fryer other than it not staying closed so the bungee cord did the trick.
I think I might try for one in the 5-quart range. It needs to be big enough for, say, a seitan loaf or something. Maybe 5-quart is too small for that. I'll have to check. Good fix with the bungee cord!

The one I got my sister is a 3.4 qt. It’s too small for me.
My old one is 5.8. I could even go bigger but it’s sufficient.

• Informative
The one I got my sister is a 3.4 qt. It’s too small for me.
My old one is 5.8. I could even go bigger but it’s sufficient.
I agree that 3.4-quart would be too small. I think I will shoot for 5 or 6. I think my crockpot is 6-quart, so that should give me a little bit of an idea of the size. There are different shapes, too. One I saw one that looked like a toaster oven, but it was almost $200, so I was like, no. I can swing maybe up to $100.

I've come sooo close to buying this Ninja refurbished! Here it is again- as a refurb!
Gets good reviews new, I wonder why I see it refurbished so often?

I bought a Mealthy air fryer top for my IP from a neighbor for $20. It's so small it's silly! I guess it works just fine, but it made me realize I really don't need one :dismay:

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I agree that 3.4-quart would be too small. I think I will shoot for 5 or 6. I think my crockpot is 6-quart, so that should give me a little bit of an idea of the size. There are different shapes, too. One I saw one that looked like a toaster oven, but it was almost $200, so I was like, no. I can swing maybe up to $100.
Yeah, I have Corsori and it was $89. You shouldn’t have to spend much more than that.

OK, so I managed to try them. Caveats: I didn't have self-rising flour, so the recipe suggested adding baking powder and salt, which I did. I don't think the vegan yogurt was thick enough. I might have to either use a bit less, or try another type. This was cashew milk-based, so it was semi-thick.

That said, the texture was a tad doughy, since my dough was a little sticky and I had to add a bit more all-purpose flour. So that meant more kneading, probably a little too much. They kind of came out like a heavier dinner roll. The flavor was great, though. I used the Everything Bagel seasoning. I think if toast these, they'll be just fine (I ate one right out of the oven with a little EB, haha). I also used almond milk in place of egg wash, so I didn't get the shiny/golden brown finish, but they still came out pretty cool! These are easy and quick to make, so I will tinker and experiment.I want to make cinnamon-sugar ones, too. I think they would be delicious as well. I can see a lot of possibilities for different flavors.

OK, so I managed to try them. Caveats: I didn't have self-rising flour, so the recipe suggested adding baking powder and salt, which I did. I don't think the vegan yogurt was thick enough. I might have to either use a bit less, or try another type. This was cashew milk-based, so it was semi-thick.

That said, the texture was a tad doughy, since my dough was a little sticky and I had to add a bit more all-purpose flour. So that meant more kneading, probably a little too much. They kind of came out like a heavier dinner roll. The flavor was great, though. I used the Everything Bagel seasoning. I think if toast these, they'll be just fine (I ate one right out of the oven with a little EB, haha). I also used almond milk in place of egg wash, so I didn't get the shiny/golden brown finish, but they still came out pretty cool! These are easy and quick to make, so I will tinker and experiment.I want to make cinnamon-sugar ones, too. I think they would be delicious as well. I can see a lot of possibilities for different flavors.
Here is a pic:
20211004_181330.jpg

Wow they look good! I bet they will be great toasted! I hope I don’t lose motivation to try the recipe. I’ll have to get some non dairy yogurt first.

• Friendly
Wow they look good! I bet they will be great toasted! I hope I don’t lose motivation to try the recipe. I’ll have to get some non dairy yogurt first.
Thank you! I took a piece of another one once they cooled off, and it wasn't as doughy as I first thought. Yes, they will be really good toasted. They definitely are lighter and not as dense as a regular bagel. I still will tinker with the recipe, though, because I didn't like the stickiness of the dough.

1634456948719.png

A hardcover of the above title as a gift, for an 8 yr old animal activist.

Mother Earth writes a letter telling people about herself and asking them to take care of her for themselves and for all living creatures.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie and Raven
I ordered two pair of my favorite jeans from Macy’s in a smaller size. I hope they fit! Sometimes I end up in between sizes and I’m worried that’s where I am now. More 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Oh, and they were on sale!

I should mention I have quite a few pair of jeans but thanks to my cats, they all have pulls because they like to use my legs as a scratching post. Same with my sneakers!! 😡

• Friendly
I have six in the oven…190 calories, 8 grams of fat but only .5 saturated. I hope I don’t hate them. I’ve been turned off to Gardein for some reason. 🤞🏼

View attachment 25982
👎🏻☹️
If you are a fan of Gardein you will probably like them so don’t put too much stock in my review.
I’m going to see if son will try them. I don’t see me wanting to finish them.

Last edited:
  • Sad