Last Thing You Bought?

I have Never shopped online!
My husband did a bit
In France we would order some things from Un Monde Vegan

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
Cat food because I noticed chewy had been out of stock the last month or two and I started getting nervous that we would have a repeat of the shortages we had with covid. I think part of it this time was weather related although I don’t know where they ship from. I know my Peet’s order was delayed a few days because it shipped from California.

I also bought toothpaste, tissues and kitchen sponges. I know I have a stash somewhere but I looked for them and couldn’t find them anywhere. I know I put them in a bag when I had to empty the cabinets fir the kitchen re-do. I hate when that happens. I mean, where the heck could it be?!

I have Never shopped online!
My husband did a bit
In France we would order some things from Un Monde Vegan
I’m so worried that I will have no desire to ever go into a store again once Covid19 is under control and the world opens up. I especially feel that way about the grocery store. I had a stop and shop curbside pickup on Wednesday and they didn’t have three items. I could have easily run into the other local market...they don’t offer curbside... but instead I had my daughter add the items to her Walmart pickup for the next day because I didn’t want to go into a store. 🤦🏻‍♀

• Friendly
Reactions: 1956
I buy so many things online, it's ridiculous.:blush:
I just realized I agreed with your post and it sounds like I’m saying, yes Raven...you do buy so many things online that it is ridiculous! :rofl:

Obviously I mean that I am the same way. I’ve been comparing prices on Amazon and Chewy, and they are comparable with what I would pay in a supermarket. I don’t even mind if something is a little more. The convenience is worth it especially with covid. Of course I’m grateful that my income is comfortable enough where I don’t have to worry about every penny...yet.

But I think I’m actually saving money by not going into stores. I tend to order things online that are fewer impulse purchases. I know I’m definitely spending less on groceries. I used to have a DeCiccos market that I would run into 2-3 times a week because it was down the street from my job. it was a specialty market and most items were overpriced. But they had a good supply of my vegan foods plus a lot of really good convenience foods for husband and son. Made life easier while I was working. I do miss that store.

• Haha
Reactions: Raven and silva
I must admit that I am a Very picky shopper! Especially when it comes to fruit and veggies...
Living in both Northern California and the South of France I got Really spoiled...
Meal planning is not something that I have ever done so I just grab what looks good and appeals to me.
Buying organic is also Very important to me so I will tend to limit myself to what is available organic and then just maybe pick up a few other conventional things.
Shopping has always been something that I enjoy and I spend a Lot of time choosing each item, checking dates on products etc... I cannot imagine having someone else choose for me! One of the things that bothers me the most here in Ireland is how almost all of the produce is in plastic. It was So nice in France at least in the small shops how produce was lose and there was always paper bags to put it in.

After I returned the waterpik thing to Lidl this morning I went into Tesco I wasn’t going to buy anything but I went by the freezer case and they had Swedish glace ‘reduced to clear’ @ 2€.12 ! Usually it’s about 5 € something I bought 2 of them!!

I do enjoy grocery shopping, 80% or more is Aldi, some Trader Joes, Asian grocery and produce market
I limit things from amazon to things I either can't find elsewhere, or are that much cheaper. I just got a larger lunch carrier. It's really big! I can never find the dimensions of what I'd like, and it doesn't make sense to me! I use those typical square Rubbermaid containers and the size smaller barely fit's them. This one is about the size of a 24 pack of cans. I'm pretty happy with it.
I also got Bromelian tablets. I answered an ad for vegan product reviewers and companies send money to your paypal in exchange for you buying their product from amazon and giving them and amazon reviews. This is something I've been wanting to try for some time, esp for when I eat too much raw food, supposed to help with digestion. (pineapple has bromelian)

• Informative
Reactions: 1956
I’m so worried that I will have no desire to ever go into a store again once Covid19 is under control and the world opens up. I especially feel that way about the grocery store. I had a stop and shop curbside pickup on Wednesday and they didn’t have three items. I could have easily run into the other local market...they don’t offer curbside... but instead I had my daughter add the items to her Walmart pickup for the next day because I didn’t want to go into a store. 🤦🏻‍♀
I can't wait to get back to shopping for clothes in charity shops. I have really missed that!
I just realized I agreed with your post and it sounds like I’m saying, yes Raven...you do buy so many things online that it is ridiculous! :rofl:
:pout:I was so offended by your rudeness. :joy:

• Love
Reactions: KLS52
I can't wait to get back to shopping for clothes in charity shops. I have really missed that!

:pout:I was so offended by your rudeness. :joy:
Yep, I miss the charity shops too...
Almost everything I wear is from charity shops...
Except under garments.

Reactions: Raven
I bought a comforter from Macys and when to pick it up early this morning. I hate that place because its like a bunch of stores around a parking garage--kinda like a mall without the mall. Anyway, I finally found the outside parking and it didn't open till 11am!
It was a good deal, like $20--- one of those "you saved over a hundred dollar" deals :rofl:
Then I took Mimi to the vet for a recheck. She has vertigo now, very stumbly. No infection, but without doing a cat scan there's no diagnosis, so as long as she's fine because the wobbliness, she's ok

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
I had hub do a car pick up this morning from the food store. That was so easy. I ordered it last night and he picked it up this morning. Mostly vegan meats, beans, vegan mayo and other staples I was out of.

I finally got a lunch tote I really like! Why is it so hard to find just the right all around dimensions? I mostly use those easy find lid containers from Rubbermaid, and so many aren't wide enough for easy in and out, or have good pockets, or easy close. I like this a lot, an it seems sturdy-

I also bought what was advertised as mask filter paper for my air cleaner for the cats room. It was like fuzzy quilt material- I returned

The other day I ordered a UV light wand (for disinfecting things like my phone) from Best Buy, but I was half asleep during the checkout process, and didn’t realize until I placed the order that I requested pickup instead of delivery. In order to avoid paying Lyft or Uber just to go to the store and get a single item, I had to call Best Buy and deal with their stupid automated system (and then finally reach a human) just to change pickup to shipping. I’ve ordered from Best Buy before, and delivery was the default. But that was a year ago, and since then pickup somehow became the default. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Very very very very very very bad.

See if you can NOT finish those this week. :)
I’ll try! 😁 Actually, I already resisted tasting because I had a slice of soda bread and a home made truffle. So I’m hoping that’s it for today’s treat. The truffle was very rich so my stomach is not even interested in trying the chocolate/nuts yet. I’m hoping it carries through the day.

Reactions: Chryssie