Last Thing You Bought?

I ordered some Taylor Swift things from Etsy. A bag and a t-shirt.

I ordered some things from Amazon - bath bombs, a set of vegan scented candles and a mascara.

I fail at minimalism :confused:
I don't buy just to buy, but, when I see a bargain on something I don't HAVE to have, but kinda need, I start to obsess
This happened yesterday when a deal I passed on months ago, and I regretted came up. A cutlery set from Macys.
Again I lost a spoon, then another fork, I take to work. I have a super super cheap set found at a discount store, that I use for work, but in the back of my head I worry they're made of toxic metal! Seriously, it's a whole bin of forks spoons and butter knives I got for like 1.50!
Anyway, I actually had a dream we had no forks :joy:.The very first thing I did when I woke up was get online and see if the deal was still there! It was, and I bought them!
A set of 51 forks, butter knives and spoons and the usual serving stuff that comes with them for $30 reduced from 100.

Last edited:
I think I’m going to take the classic and melt some then let it harden to see if the grittiness persists. Maybe it’s something that happened in transit. I believe it’s made in Israel and I did receive it within 10 days which isn’t bad at all.

I could also melt it and mix it with some melted vegan chocolate chips. That will salvage the taste I bet.

Reactions: PTree15
I ordered stuff from Amazon - hibiscus tea, new torches, batteries and a natural deodorant.
I can’t get over the fact that a flashlight in the US is a “torch” in the UK. When I think of torches, I think of these:

69586A9D-42C5-471E-8740-2370715377A1.gif
And you know, Tiki torches that are SUPPOSED to be associated with the Pacific islands and restaurants serving drinks in coconuts with little umbrellas and lighting your backyard when you’re having a cookout with your fire pit, not right wing marches.

I can’t get over the fact that a flashlight in the US is a “torch” in the UK. When I think of torches, I think of these:

View attachment 23492
And you know, Tiki torches that are SUPPOSED to be associated with the Pacific islands and restaurants serving drinks in coconuts with little umbrellas and lighting your backyard when you’re having a cookout with your fire pit, not right wing marches.
There are Lots of little differences between our English speaking countries... I find that I go back and forth on how I speak or write things which are different between the countries... I have always thought that it is funny how the UK and Ireland side with the French for the veggies aubergine and courgette while the Americans and Ausies go with the Italians for zucchini, not sure what the Italians call eggplant?

Reactions: PTree15
I fail at minimalism :confused:
I don't buy just to buy, but, when I see a bargain on something I don't HAVE to have, but kinda need, I start to obsess
This happened yesterday when a deal I passed on months ago, and I regretted came up. A cutlery set from Macys.
Again I lost a spoon, then another fork, I take to work. I have a super super cheap set found at a discount store, that I use for work, but in the back of my head I worry they're made of toxic metal! Seriously, it's a whole bin of forks spoons and butter knives I got for like 1.50!
Anyway, I actually had a dream we had no forks :joy:.The very first thing I did when I woke up was get online and see if the deal was still there! It was, and I bought them!
A set of 51 forks, butter knives and spoons and the usual serving stuff that comes with them for $30 reduced from 100.
I don't know what happens to my cutlery. Over time it slowly disappears.
I used to think it had a lot to do with me taking cutlery to work and not remembering to take it home. and maybe losing some at pot lucks.
I don't go to work or potlucks anymore. and the cutlery still gradually decreases.
I think I accidentally throw them out. Maybe its like socks and they slip thru the cracks in reality and fall into another dimension. (Who was it who proposed an alternate dimension where all our socks live?)Maybe there are forks and knives there, too)

But the set of 51 would be overkill for me. They sell forks, knives and spoons individually for $1 at the dollar store.

Reactions: Amy SF
There are Lots of little differences between our English speaking countries... I find that I go back and forth on how I speak or write things which are different between the countries... I have always thought that it is funny how the UK and Ireland side with the French for the veggies aubergine and courgette while the Americans and Ausies go with the Italians for zucchini, not sure what the Italians call eggplant?

As an American I think I have a good handle on it from reading a lot of mysteries that take place in England. Although many of them take place in the 18th or 19th century so some works don't exist yet.

I read the first Harry Potter as the early British publication. There was the word "hose pipe" for hose used. I think that was when I first noticed some differences.

There is a semi - funny video on the subject.

Reactions: 1956
I don't know what happens to my cutlery. Over time it slowly disappears.
I used to think it had a lot to do with me taking cutlery to work and not remembering to take it home. and maybe losing some at pot lucks.
I don't go to work or potlucks anymore. and the cutlery still gradually decreases.
I think I accidentally throw them out. Maybe its like socks and they slip thru the cracks in reality and fall into another dimension. (Who was it who proposed an alternate dimension where all our socks live?)Maybe there are forks and knives there, too)

But the set of 51 would be overkill for me. They sell forks, knives and spoons individually for $1 at the dollar store.
Well, I had thought about that, which is why I passed the first time.
I've been using cheap cutlery, with a few good ones. The good quality ones are sooooo much better. Things like this just make me happy :p

I think some people here might say flashlights too. I always say torch.

I'm keeping Amazon in business. I bought cat food, toothpaste, flavoured sparkling water, tights and three kindle books for 99p.

Tights = pantyhose. Now that is a weird word. :laughing: What Are Pantyhose | UK Tights

I'm going out to buy more bird food in a minute.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas and KLS52