Last Thing You Bought?

I also say torch and tights. :cool:

Just back from Lidl's and I bought quite a large haul of stuff including Chinese soba & chow mein noodles. I also bought a
packet of plant based ravioli (Italian) stuffed with broccoli, spinach and green olives. I'm looking forward to having them
for dinner on Friday.

I think some people here might say flashlights too. I always say torch.

I'm keeping Amazon in business. I bought cat food, toothpaste, flavoured sparkling water, tights and three kindle books for 99p.
You and me both! I sometimes place 2-3 orders a day, usually something small that I can’t get with a grocery pick up. I just received a bag of Anthony’s nutritional yeast, chickpea flour and some batteries. Now I’m waiting for porcini mushroom powder and my Galaxy grated parmesan.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: Raven and shyvas
You and me both! I sometimes place 2-3 orders a day, usually something small that I can’t get with a grocery pick up. I just received a bag of Anthony’s nutritional yeast, chickpea flour and some batteries. Now I’m waiting for porcini mushroom powder and my Galaxy grated parmesan.

Do you have Prime ?

Reactions: KLS52
Do you get the non fortified? I tried Anthonys non fortified and it's my favorite!

I've always said "nylons" for pantyhose, cause pantyhose is a weird word!
Tights has always meant heavier hose to me. Either opaque or knit.

Reactions: PTree15
Do you get the non fortified? I tried Anthonys non fortified and it's my favorite!

I've always said "nylons" for pantyhose, cause pantyhose is a weird word!
Tights has always meant heavier hose to me. Either opaque or knit.
I didn’t know that was an option. I’ve never had non fortified. I like what I have though and it’s my only source of b12 supplementation. I’m bad with taking vitamins. So far so good. In 15 years I have never been b12 deficient. I do consume a lot of nutritional yeast though. Probably more than I should. Same with soy/tofu. It’s the price I pay for my choice of diet. I need both to keep me going.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
My bed that I have had almost all my life got moldy. I have no idea how that happened, but it did. I suppose that this old house that I live in has insufficient air circulation. The window frames are also moldy. And the mattress that I got when I was 5 years old was disgusting. It was a foam mattress so it gathered humidity.
So I got tatami and futon. Yay. Original and organic without chemicals from Japan. I know, not very environmentally friendly to import them all the way from Japan, but I have always wanted a tatami and futon. At first, I tried sleeping on the floor, and I might do that again in the summer, but now that it's cold I really need the tatami and futon to be comfy and warm at night. The tatami is also my yoga mat now. Previously I used an old planket as an yoga mat.
I'm very pleased with these and moving them around every day is a good exercise. The tatami weights around 20-22 kg and is 70x200 cm. Sleeping close to the floor isn't as nasty as you'd think, I vacuum every day and shower most days so it really isn't that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stamps, stamps, stamps and stamps! :D I have bought about 2.500 Norwegian stamps now, and I hope they will arrive soooooooon!!!! I won some cheap auction on Facebook now. And I even treated me with NK2 stamp from an other auction! (it means the second stamp ever in Norway).

A new hair cutter. Mine stoped working today, while I was cutting my hair. So I spent 500 NOK for a new one now, that hopefully will last some years this one too. I think I buy a new one every 4-5 years, so can't say my hair cost me too much (and one bottle of shampoo a year :p )

From AT&T: An iPhone 12, with a 2 year contract.
From Amazon: A clear bumper case and screen protector for my new iPhone

• Love
Reactions: Lou
A new hair cutter. Mine stoped working today, while I was cutting my hair. So I spent 500 NOK for a new one now, that hopefully will last some years this one too. I think I buy a new one every 4-5 years, so can't say my hair cost me too much (and one bottle of shampoo a year :p )

Having short hair is very cheap indeed. Slowly after cutting my hair to a buzz cut, I have noticed that I don't need shampoo anymore. I just wash my hair and scalp with water while showering. I wonder why that is? Is it specifically because of short hair or is it just because it is winter and thus I'm not sweating as much? I still have one bottle of shampoo left. I suppose it'll come in handy someday or I might give it so someone in 2022.
My scalp and hair are super clean now which feels amazing. But I have a useless shampoo bottle.

I bought bananas today. Yummy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bjorg products are Really good...Soja sun and Soy are also very good - wish that they were available here...

Bjorg are quite good (however, their tofu tastes awful) but also expensive. Moreover, most super/hypermarkets don't stock all of their products. I've just ordered a pack of veggie mince Sojasun as it's cheaper compared to Herta.
It's impossible to buy decent sausages and the latest product that Herta has come up with tastes nothing like British or US bangers ! They just don't know how to do decent seasoning.

Perhaps you don't get the same plant based products as in the UK? Are they many veg*ans in Ireland? There is a wide variety of pb
products in the UK because of the numerous flexitarians.

Bjorg are quite good (however, their tofu tastes awful) but also expensive. Moreover, most super/hypermarkets don't stock all of their products. I've just ordered a pack of veggie mince Sojasun as it's cheaper compared to Herta.
It's impossible to buy decent sausages and the latest product that Herta has come up with tastes nothing like British or US bangers ! They just don't know how to do decent seasoning.

Perhaps you don't get the same plant based products as in the UK? Are they many veg*ans in Ireland? There is a wide variety of pb
products in the UK because of the numerous flexitarians.
We always got tofu in the health shop, isn’t Bjorg’s tofu the long life stuff... We had a large Intermarche nearby and they stocked quite a few of their products...Never did try the Herta products...
Vegan products are widely available here just not the kind that I like! There are lots of the burgers and sausages and even the blood pudding alternatives YUCK!! What I enjoy is more of the flavoured tofu products, I can get those but, only if I order them or get into the City...

Those neighborhood buy/sell are too tempting! After finding my Vitamix (best purchase since Instant Pot!), then food slicer (meh....) I now got a Mealthy air fryer attachment for my Instant Pot for $20. Seller says only used 3 times and consolidating kitchen things, so it should be a great deal. I've been on the fence about buying one, was more thinking of a counter top oven thing though.

Love to know if anyone else has this kind!

Reactions: 1956
A new product made with sesame puree. It's an alternative to tofu (which I dislike) and is originally from Japan :

View attachment 23749

This new product was quite tasty and much tastier compared to their tofu. Now, there is a sesame scare and it's not clear whether Bjorg products are impacted. As usual, they don't really know how to communicate important information
in their products are impacted.

• Friendly
When I was in Lidl this morning they had a Waterpik type of product. It’s called a Water jet flosser, I remember someone on here saying how much they like these kind of things. So for 20€ I thought that I would try it.
Just now took it out of the box, water came out. Obviously it had been used and then returned! Now I have to return it.It was the only one they had, a bit disappointed... Oh well, maybe it wasn’t even worth 20€... Hopefully I will find another one...

• Wow
Reactions: KLS52
When I was in Lidl this morning they had a Waterpik type of product. It’s called a Water jet flosser, I remember someone on here saying how much they like these kind of things. So for 20€ I thought that I would try it.
Just now took it out of the box, water came out. Obviously it had been used and then returned! Now I have to return it.It was the only one they had, a bit disappointed... Oh well, maybe it wasn’t even worth 20€... Hopefully I will find another one...
Wow.
I have a Waterpik brand (it's like the original) but only because I got a good deal, they're such a simple design. That is the kind of thing I look for on amazon or other stores online as they're the only places to have selection and good deals

I got my water flosser from Amazon too.

I just bought some clothes, some trainers and a pair of sandals online.

• Informative