Last Thing You Bought?

Argh! I stopped at Aldi on my way home, and had their vegan chocolate cake on the top of my list--then saw how little it looked at 7.50 and passed it up. I regret that decision :pout:
I've thought of all kinds of ways to make a German chocolate cake or bar vegan, but never have
I didn't really buy anything good there, besides coffee!

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Phooey. The UV Light wand doesn’t seem to work with either batteries or the cable that came with it. I’ve ordered more batteries from Amazon and will try it again with fresh batteries, but if it still doesn’t work, I’ll have to return it. 😡

I also ordered a couple of Yankee Candle candles (Balsam and Cedar) from Target, which I got today. One was intact, but the other one was broken, and they were both wrapped in bubble wrap! I reported the damage in the Target app, and a replacement is coming.

More yarn, specifically a big spool of variegated cotton. I had a 50% off coupon for one regularly priced item at Joann's so I snagged the cotton. I will make lots of dishcloths and mesh shopping bags from it.

Wish I never have to go to any store besides Aldi! :unamused: So much time waiting in line 🙄
I went to the discount store for pecans for a 'pecan bakon' recipe, Mrs Miller strawberry rhubarb jam and red lentils. No straw/rhubarb jam! I got seedless raspberry. I also bought golden flaxseeds, navy beans and garbanzos--why are they .99cents and red lentils also over $2 ? Everywhere- even the Indian grocers, which are never cheaper than anywhere else here
Then I stopped at Giant Eagle and got Country Crock almond oil plant butter on sale

Bought the Gulliver’s Travels audiobook, Penguin edition, from Google Play today. I listened to all the English language versions, and that’s the one I disliked the least. 😁

I was very very bad. Remind me of that when I start whining that the weight I’ve lost has found me again. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Small bottom right bag are cinnamon maple Brazil nuts.
View attachment 23947
This stuff is amazing! Specifically the cashew caramel, peanut butter caramel and chocolate coffee cashews. 😋😋😋

I just ordered another air purifier for the bedroom. I think the one in the living room is helping with my allergies so I need one in the bedroom as well.
Maybe that’s what I need. My allergies have been worse since I moved.

This is the one I have and I ordered it again. You can get it on Amazon too but I got a coupon from Pure so ordered from them to save a few bucks.

Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
Cool thanks. I’ll check it out before all of my stimulus money goes to dirt for outside lol. We were told, from the inspector when we bought the house, that we should build up the soil around the house so it doesn’t pitch towards the house. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: Chryssie
This is the one I have and I ordered it again. You can get it on Amazon too but I got a coupon from Pure so ordered from them to save a few bucks.

That looks nice. I;ve had a cheap tower air filter that I've been cutting furnace filters as replacement filters, and they work great, and much cheaper. I can't find the ones that cut easily anymore! Now they all have wire grids, the others were just pleated. I'm going to buy some hepa vacuum bags instead- they're still cheaper than what's made to fit. I just need dust control in the cat room

Back when I was living in my condo, I had several air filter plug-ins, not the little glade ones but larger ones that just used charcoal filters. They took up too much space in the outlets and the filters always needed changing, but I liked them anyway. I can’t use them here because I don’t have enough electrical outlets. That purifier @Chryssie linked to looks interesting, but might be too big for my small apartment; however, I checked the website, and there’s a smaller travel-sized one that looks interesting.

These are the things I got at the Indie Market at Central 28 today. It was really fun despite the crappy weather! There is a scented candle in a wine glass, cinnamon flavored honey spread, a stout cupcake, and a magnet. We also had Mexican food from a food truck and a Central 28 beer. It was a nice afternoon with my sister and Kevin and Sherri!

IMG_20210321_160014.jpg

I ordered some things from Vitacost the other day, and it’s already out for delivery, which is pleasantly surprising since the website warns of delivery delays. I ordered microwave lentils and rice, almond milk, calcium, vitamin C, and some fancy pasta sauce that’s way overpriced but has less sodium than the Newman’s Own I’ve been using. It better be good for what I’m paying for it. I use the Newman’s Own not only on pasta but also on the cooked vegetables I get because they’re really bland otherwise.