Last Thing You Bought?

I bought a scarf when I was out as I was cold and I bought some chocolate and snacks from Holland & Barrett and then some chips for dinner.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Two signet rings, a belt and shaving soap. Too bad the mail people sent them to fail destination, and didn't redirect the stuff to the right delivery spot, despite them having been informed about the mistake. The web shop would guarantee the stuff arriving in three days' time, but thanks to the mailing services, it takes more than a week. Trying not to get too impatient.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I got a shredder because I was getting paranoid about identity theft. I keep seeing articles advising shredding pretty much everything! I also got a white noise machine for sleeping so now I can cancel my subscription to the premium Amazon Music service. Standard music service did not have access to the "sleep sounds" channel I liked but this little device will do the trick and save me money in the long run.

I ordered some chocolate flavoured tea, hair dye, mouthwash, a natural deodorant and some tea towels from Amazon.

Reactions: PTree15
Loose tea and a diffuser because now there is apparently an issue with the bags that tea comes in. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I think I am going to need to disconnect from the internet at some point because apparently nothing in life is safe and it's making me (more) crazy paranoid! 😭 😭 😭

I got a shredder because I was getting paranoid about identity theft. I keep seeing articles advising shredding pretty much everything! I also got a white noise machine for sleeping so now I can cancel my subscription to the premium Amazon Music service. Standard music service did not have access to the "sleep sounds" channel I liked but this little device will do the trick and save me money in the long run.
I'm careful not to put certain things in the trash intact, too- for that same reason. I often leave the radio on when I go to bed- it helps me drift off. I set it to different stations, depending on my mood or interest of the moment. I haven't thought about how much electricity this uses, but I use the radio a lot anyway- I don't think it uses much at all. (Note to self: check the wattage/amperage listed on my clock radio)

EDITED TO ADD (after @KLS52 liked my post): I bought oranges, fresh broccoli, and canned chickpeas.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I was using an Echo Dot to play Amazon music all night. I don't even think about the electricity. I can't sleep without music. The premium service went up in price and is a monthly subscription. The little sound machine was only $20 and has 25 different sounds including piano music and lullabies as well as nature sounds. I love it!

I tried some sounds on youtube to help sleep. They did NOT help! 🙄 :rofl:
Even Eno ambient music doesn't induce sleep for me, I like silence, or cats purr.
Now I want to name a cat Casper!

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
Some nights I need something on. I usually start out with the tv. Either hallmark or Gilmore girls. I usually go to bed at 8 and I'm asleep by 8:30-9:00. I set the timer for the tv to shut off by 10. When I wake up to use the bathroom, sometimes twice during the night...usually midnight and then again at 2-3 am...I need to turn on an audiobook on my phone in order to fall back to sleep if I'm feeling anxious. But some nights are easier than others and I don't need help to feel relaxed.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and PTree15
I can't fall asleep if it's too quiet. I usually put the radio on and set the timer for a couple of hours. I typically listen to the BBC overnight on public radio, but lately the news has been too unsettling, so I've taken to listening to a fun podcast or two on my phone. But I haven't figured out if there is a sleep timer on my phone, and one night I guess it just kept playing other podcasts after I fell asleep to whatever I was listening to. :D

Last thing I bought was groceries: sweet paprika, soy milk, almond milk, Good Planet vegan mozzarella, Abe's vegan brownie bites and a bunch of garlic.

So much tastier.
I bought two different brands. Harney and Sons which is super popular here and one I never heard of, Tea Forte which had good reviews. The tea forte was way better. Harney didn't have much flavor at all and I used more tea leaves. Even the color was off...grayish. The Tea Forte had the rich brown color and was really good.

Both are black teas because that's what I prefer. And decaf of course as I can't do caffeine.

Loose tea and a diffuser because now there is apparently an issue with the bags that tea comes in. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I think I am going to need to disconnect from the internet at some point because apparently nothing in life is safe and it's making me (more) crazy paranoid! 😭 😭 😭
What kind of tea bags, and why? There are plasticy bags, which I avoid, but my rooibos is in unbleached paper that's heat sealed and no strings.
While a tea strainer doesn't sound like a big deal, I hated it when I bought loose. It's difficult for me to even drink tea!

@shyvas Why would loose tea be any tastier?

Reactions: KLS52