Last Thing You Bought?

What kind of tea bags, and why? There are plasticy bags, which I avoid, but my rooibos is in unbleached paper that's heat sealed and no strings.
While a tea strainer doesn't sound like a big deal, I hated it when I bought loose. It's difficult for me to even drink tea!

@shyvas Why would loose tea be any tastier?
I don't know if it's all tea bags honestly. I just tend to freak out when I first hear something.

"Apart from chlorine, dioxins are chemicals that come along with paper as well. To increase the strength of paper tea bags, many producers even add epichlorohydrin. This is a carcinogenic substance that is toxic and harmful in the long run."

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I bought two different brands. Harney and Sons which is super popular here and one I never heard of, Tea Forte which had good reviews. The tea forte was way better. Harney didn't have much flavor at all and I used more tea leaves. Even the color was off...grayish. The Tea Forte had the rich brown color and was really good.
Wow, that's odd about Harney and Sons. I was gifted some (tea bags) by a friend, and I thought it was pretty tasty. Maybe it was a bad batch. Mine definitely wasn't grayish in color.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
What kind of tea bags, and why? There are plasticy bags, which I avoid, but my rooibos is in unbleached paper that's heat sealed and no strings.
While a tea strainer doesn't sound like a big deal, I hated it when I bought loose. It's difficult for me to even drink tea!

@shyvas Why would loose tea be any tastier?

When I say tea I mean tea leaves and not infusions/herbal or fruit ones. Tea bags usually contain fannings and dust compared to loose tea leaves. Moreover, tea leaves need to 'expand' in water and heat, hence need to brew in a warmed teapot and not a mug.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and silva
...... I often leave the radio on when I go to bed- it helps me drift off. I set it to different stations, depending on my mood or interest of the moment. I haven't thought about how much electricity this uses, but I use the radio a lot anyway- I don't think it uses much at all. (Note to self: check the wattage/amperage listed on my clock radio)

I was using an Echo Dot to play Amazon music all night. I don't even think about the electricity. I can't sleep without music. The premium service went up in price and is a monthly subscription. The little sound machine was only $20 and has 25 different sounds including piano music and lullabies as well as nature sounds. I love it!
I checked my (plug-in, not battery) clock radio today: it uses 10 watts... not much electricity at all! I have a little wind-up clock and a cuckoo clock (complete with weights on chains and a carved-leaf pendulum), also.

I think the bread was about £3. I got a plain, unseeded wholemeal loaf. Hmm, it is nothing amazing. I prefer the loaves from the Coop shop. I should really just learn how to make bread myself.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I think the bread was about £3. I got a plain, unseeded wholemeal loaf. Hmm, it is nothing amazing. I prefer the loaves from the Coop shop. I should really just learn how to make bread myself.

This is the one I bought; it's made with organic flour from the Alps. It contains no yeast or preservatives and is made with a rye starter.

Reactions: Raven and PTree15
The emergency vet for Stella on Saturday...$948
Follow up appointment with primary vet two days later...$465
🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I do have insurance but with a pretty high deductible. I should get $300-400 back.
At least she's doing better. Hopefully we are over the hump. 🤞

Brakes and an air filter for the car, $555.80. That insurance money was a life saver!
It kind of gripes me, though, when you get a little extra money and then something happens and you don't get enjoy it. I get that it's like a catch 22. There's certainly gratefulness that the extra money is there but why does always have to go to an emergency? One never seems to get ahead when that happens. 💙

I finally found the perfect chair for my living room after searching for ages. It's been quite the journey, but I stumbled upon this gem through the link below. While a lot of folks lean towards mass-produced stuff, I wanted something with a bit more character and quality. This chair ticks all the boxes for me—it's stylish, comfortable, and adds a touch of sophistication to my space. Plus, knowing that it's not just another generic piece from a big-box store makes it even more special. Sure, it might have taken a bit more time and effort to find, but the payoff is definitely worth it. Now, every time I kick back in my new chair, I'm reminded of the satisfaction that comes from finding something truly unique and special.

Last edited:
Thinking of buying 3 Hey Human deodorants from Walmart.com. I haven't found another deodorant with a smell I like as much, and a good texture. Walgreens stopped carrying them. If I can't get them I'll just have to make my own again
I tried a sample package of Humble, hated the waxy texture and not found of scents other than patchouli & copal

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Healthy foods. I'm back on the healthy eating wagon!! 😁
View attachment 30266
Looking good! I'm with you, my goals are to eat an apple and an orange and dark greens every day,& quit eating by 6.
Also looking to get more foods with spermidine--mushrooms, tempeh, and add wheat germ to my breakfast grains, berries and flax

Reactions: KLS52