Last Thing You Bought?

I ordered 2 items from Bed, Bath and Beyond last night:

D9AEB703-487C-4DEA-B51E-65C262F9FA89.jpegF0549F49-77DF-44F5-A1DA-A83A2DA04F94.jpeg
That first thing is a magazine holder, the second thing is a portable misting fan. The misting fan i ordered is actually pink, because that’s the only color still available. I had the magazine holder in my shopping cart for a while, and then yesterday I noticed that it dropped in price about a dollar. I also had a 20% off one item coupon, so together I got ten dollars off the original price. But that meant the total dropped below the required amount for free shipping, so I added the misting fan, which I can certainly use. Some reviewers said that the water that has to be added can leak, so I probably won’t use the misting part of it. That gave me the free shipping again. The fan has already shipped, but the magazine holder is still being processed.

ETA: The magazine holder has shipped. Can’t wait to get it!

Last edited:
Yeeeey! Biodegradable forks!:clp::woo:
I'm pretty excited, as i've found an excellent alternative to plastic forks, knives, spoons and plates, that people often use during picnics and e.g. at the countryside. These things will be very useful in our summer cottage. Metal forks and ceramic plates are always greasy after mom's and Gala's so-called food, so i always hide some dishes in the pantry, but they find it, steal it from me and commit atrocities on them by eating mayo and everything with mayo.😁 And everyone knows that mayo can never be washed out, especially in conditions of limited hot water.🙄
There also were biodegradable knives and soup bowls in Ribbon mall, but i bought only a pack of forks (just to check it out). They're really cheap, and i'm hoping that from now on, i won't ever have to deal with loathsome plastic dishes.
It's written here: "Biodegradable dishes. 6 forks. Based on corn starch. For cold and hot food products. Suitable for microwaving".
IMG_20200217_201951.jpg

I was passing by a newspaper kiosk and decided to treat myself with this book. It's written here: "Mysteries of the 20th century. Golden series. Riddles of the ocean. What underwater world hides".🌊
IMG_20200220_142539.jpg

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
This is what i always buy for my mom. "Iceland moss". (Well, it has nothing to do with moss of any kind, because it's a hybrid of algae, a bacteria and a fungus). It does wonders to her health (and to anyone's health). Tonight i managed to find 2 packs.
IMG_20200224_192050.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
This is what i always buy for my mom. "Iceland moss". (Well, it has nothing to do with moss of any kind, because it's a hybrid of algae, a bacteria and a fungus). It does wonders to her health (and to anyone's health). Tonight i managed to find 2 packs.
View attachment 19874
I've heard of the Icelandic moss having great health benefits- how do you prepare it?

I've heard of the Icelandic moss having great health benefits- how do you prepare it?
As soon as the stuff that i buy is basically crushed leaves,- i spill it into a glass(!) jar and then pour hot water 90°C-100°C (194°F-212°F) over it. For the amount of an average glass (200ml, which is ~6.77us fl oz), i put ~1.5 tea spoons. The "tea" needs to steep for about a half an hour. You'll have to drink ~ a 900 ml glass jar of this potion within 24 hours, if it's a treatment (not a preventive measure). In other cases (not severe conditions) a glass a day will do. Anyway, it's not toxic (you should avoid it only if you can't stand fungi, like i do, but my example is very very rare, so...).
I taught mom how to make it on her own, when she was in hospital, and since then she doesn't bother me, lol. Btw, it helps her so well, that she got out of hospital very quickly, and her doctors couldn't understand where her lungs' inflammation and fever had gone, because even her bloodwork results changed from bad to almost perfect within 24 hours.
P.S. I hope you won't ever need this info, but if one has an inflammation connected to podagra exacerbation (increased uric acid),- bay leaves help a lot (it's actually the BEST remedy against excessive uric acid,- plus oregano leaves and dandelion roots are very good). You have to avoid an overuse of bay leaves, because they are toxic in large amounts(!). [I'm telling you about bay leaves "just in case"].
P.S.n°2: You'll be surprised how many positive effects Iceland moss has. But the first thing it does is normalizing ESR levels (erythrocyte sedimentation rate),- therefore it even treats cancer by blocking cancer cells' replication. It's good against pneumonia of different origins, against stomach and gut ulcers, against constipations and obesity, it normalizes thyroid functions, treats "head colds" (as you call it), etc., etc.
I don't know what would have happened to my mom, if Sumerian gods wouldn't have told me about it (they call it "deer bush"). They felt pity for me, because i was in despair then. ...Russians call it Yagel' (as it's indeed a "deer bush", haha).
Btw, nomadic Kyrgyzians (i mean, nomadic mountainers in Kyrgyzstan) eat Iceland moss all year around, because there is nothing else to eat, except deer meat, when they stay in a snow desert for winter and spring (the weather in Kyrgyz mountains is very tough). They make pancakes out of it (that's how they survive).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I went to the At Home store and bought two blue cushions for my kitchen chairs, a small multicolored rug for under my coffee table and a lampshade for my living room lamp. The other had a tear or two in it. It was only $5 (it's a small shade).

I got some Cold Eeze zinc lozanges. I had one today- my gosh it was like sucking on corn syrup :yuck:. I actually chose that one because I hate artificial sweeteners so much, but it was awful. I brushed my teeth as soon as I could!
I was at my local discount store where I used to get frozen veggies from a farm not far from here, Todays Harvest. Instead of finding that, they had Birdseye and another big bag the clearly was labeled 'grown in China'! Why would I buy veggies grown halfway around the world :argh:
I only buy garlic from Trader Joes anymore because it's labeled organic and grown in USA, so much is either labeled china, or no origin! I should try growning it again, I once rented a house where it grew like mad, but I never had any luck

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Lou
I got these. I bought the same fleece pants two years ago, same size, same brand, different color. These aren't exactly the same. they are sized a little bigger and don't fit as well. but they are warmer. Anyway, I'm happy with them.

As a retired senior, i may end up getting a few more and just wear a different color each day. :)

👖👖

I found Hagaan Daas non dairy mocha chocolate cookie ice cream on clearance. Giant Eagle has been discountinuing lots of all kinds of pint ice creams, but non of the vegan ones appealed to me till this one> It's okay :dismay: , just okay.
Why do they seem to think they have to make vegan foods "special" by adding things? I really miss ice cream, and I don't want "things" in it. This one was kinda gritty, and had big pieces of Oreo type wafers. I would so love a fudge or caramel swirl without "pieces' of things
I think Ben & Jerrys caramel coffee fudge is my favorite, and those fudge pieces are delicious- but I would so prefer them on the side

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: Raven and Val