Last Thing You Bought?

Ha! Good for you! Let’s get him completely used to nondairy milks! 😁
That would be great (and Elijah supports David's dairy-free diet), but... they are deliberately giving him dairy, because Liza thinks that David can become lactose-intolerant, and therefore, "it would be hard to live a lactose-intolerant life in the world where dairy rules". They're also giving him meaty baby-food.🙄 But i think that David will make his own choice in the future and ditch animal products, as soon as he becomes an adolescent and gets his right to choose what to eat. (Well, i hope so). At least, he adores veggies, especially raw veggies...

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
That would be great (and Elijah supports David's dairy-free diet), but... they are deliberately giving him dairy, because Liza thinks that David can become lactose-intolerant, and therefore, "it would be hard to live a lactose-intolerant life in the world where dairy rules". They're also giving him meaty baby-food.🙄 But i think that David will make his own choice in the future and ditch animal products, as soon as he becomes an adolescent and gets his right to choose what to eat. (Well, i hope so). At least, he adores veggies, especially raw veggies...

My sister got lucky with her son; he’s always loved fresh fruit, and has never needed encouragement to eat it.

Reactions: PTree15
Many people don't realize how bad dairy makes them feel until they give it up! It never gave me digestive issues, but it fills my lungs and sinues with mucus, and really exaberates my allergies and asthma. I used to see a sinus doctor, had sinus surgeries, lived on decongestants, and then I gave up dairy to be vegan and found --duh-- so much was caused by dairy! I've had cheese on/ off since, and it still doesn't bother my stomach, but I'm sneezing, blowing and coughing snot all the next day

Many people don't realize how bad dairy makes them feel until they give it up! It never gave me digestive issues, but it fills my lungs and sinues with mucus, and really exaberates my allergies and asthma. I used to see a sinus doctor, had sinus surgeries, lived on decongestants, and then I gave up dairy to be vegan and found --duh-- so much was caused by dairy! I've had cheese on/ off since, and it still doesn't bother my stomach, but I'm sneezing, blowing and coughing snot all the next day

Good for you!:flirt: You have a great willpower.:up:
Aha, grandpa's wife, Gala, has done the same (ditched dairy), and her asthma improved,- at least, she got it under control. Once i had a disgraceful episode, when i couldn't give up dairy yogurts, but i felt bloated and swollen, they caused me a lot of other problems, so i gave them up with no regrets. Long before it, i gave up cheese (and it was very hard, because i used to eat Camambert, and it was yummy,- that's what it seemed(!) to me), but cheese had always made me feel awful. So i overcame this craving, and now i can't even think of cheese, as even thoughts about this "substance" make me nauseated.😁

Reactions: Amy SF
I had a gift card to Target. I originally was hoping to get some cushions for my kitchen chairs, but they had next to nothing. So I got some vegan treats that I haven't bought in a while and some new things I've wanted to try:
Chao tomato cayenne cheese
Morningstar buffalo chik'n patties
Gardein breakfast sausage patties
Peet's whole bean coffee (a dark roast)
Tempeh (I haven't had this in ages)
A head of iceberg lettuce (this will be great for wraps when I want to cut back on the bread)

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I had to go to the bank today, and I decided to stop by Whole Foods, which is about a mile from the bank. They had some things on sale, which was nice.
I got a block of Daiya smoked gouda, a jar of low-fat Vegenaise (it was the cheapest option), two blocks of extra firm tofu and some prepared food (which wasn't on sale, haha). I got vegan dolmas, an olive mix and a scoop of tabouleh.

Reactions: Val
:starshower: I decided to drop by a 24-hour shop when i got off the "route taxi", because i'm always looking for frozen romano beans, that are in deficite here. And i found 2 last packs!!! Unghshu is happy:clp:, so i'll do a little banana dance.:bd:

Reactions: PTree15
I picked up a little freelance project this week, so I decided to treat myself to a package of reusable chopsticks. I have been wanting some for ages, so I ordered a package that includes 5 pairs of black fiberglass ones. I also ordered a cardboard scratcher for Theo. :)

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I had to go to the bank today, and I decided to stop by Whole Foods, which is about a mile from the bank. They had some things on sale, which was nice.
I got a block of Daiya smoked gouda, a jar of low-fat Vegenaise (it was the cheapest option), two blocks of extra firm tofu and some prepared food (which wasn't on sale, haha). I got vegan dolmas, an olive mix and a scoop of tabouleh.
Daiya smoked gouda? I've only seen cheddar, swiss, provolone and jalepano havarti. I've gotten FYH smoked gouda
Earth Balance used to be my vegan mayo- before Just which I can't find anymore, and Walmart has the small jars the same price as the 30 oz used to be. I have Hellmans now which I'd rather not get, but dammit!

Daiya smoked gouda? I've only seen cheddar, swiss, provolone and jalepano havarti. I've gotten FYH smoked gouda
Earth Balance used to be my vegan mayo- before Just which I can't find anymore, and Walmart has the small jars the same price as the 30 oz used to be. I have Hellmans now which I'd rather not get, but dammit!
You know, I think it was FYH! D'OH!

Reactions: silva
I was at Trader Joes and got my usual-
jackfruit, sprouted tofu, soy chorizo, tempeh, artichoke hearts, cruciferous crunch, brazil nuts

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
You know, I think it was FYH! D'OH!
Have you seen FYH vegan ranch dressing? I've heard of that but never see it were their other products are sold
I love FYH parm-and their other slices. Have you had their cheddar shreds?

Have you seen FYH vegan ranch dressing? I've heard of that but never see it were their other products are sold
I love FYH parm-and their other slices. Have you had their cheddar shreds?
I have not seen the ranch dressing, but I haven't looked for it, either, as I am not a fan of most creamy dressings. I think the only kind I really ever liked pre-vegan was blue cheese. I need to be on the lookout for more FYH products. I loved the smoked gouda. I have not had the cheddar shreds. I haven't seen them. I might find them at WF, though. I will wait for a sale, of course. :D

• Friendly
I miss the Just mayo, too. I loved that. Jalapeno havarti would be awesome.

• Friendly
My latest purchases, that i'm proud of😁.
Another type of biodegradable gel for laundry by this great Russian company ("Synergetic"). I used to buy laundry gel for babies by the same company (i reckon, it's pretty unique), but i didn't find any on discount, and bought this one (because without a discount they all are ridiculously expensive). Btw, they have such a variety of products, that one can get lost easily and forget what he's looking for.
It's written here: "Hypoallergenic gel for white clothes laundry".
IMG_20200209_000313.jpg

I occasionally buy it for my mom. It's written here: "Jerusalem artichoke powder. From lake Seliger". (Lol, this is funny: once i spent 3 days on the shores of magnificent lake Seliger and in the neighbourhood town, but no one told me about growing of Jerusalem artichoke or about manufacturing of its powder). I think it doesn't exist (Seliger artichoke), but still, getting its powder for a reasonable price is great.😝
IMG_20200209_203610.jpg

One of my trophies: "Black chia seeds". (Haven't tried this particular cultivar yet, though all chia seeds that we have on our markets are from Paraguay).
IMG_20200209_204425.jpg

Couldn't help buying these spinach Tagliatelle, as they were on a huge discount.
IMG_20200209_235135.jpg

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
Got it for my mom tonight. It's "Milk thistle grist". I expected to buy some pure crushed "grass", but didn't find it yet. Moreover, grist is ok for the first time, - to see how her body reacts (that's why i bought only one sachet so far). Milk thistle is a very powerful remedy, and it's good for treating a whole number of diseases. We'll see how it goes.
What is for me, i love taking amaranth grist (i feel wonderful after it). And, of course, amaranth itself is my favourite food ever.
IMG_20200213_221511.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Amy SF and PTree15