Last Thing You Bought?

I did buy my granddaughter some Llama Llama and Owl Diaries books that were on her Christmas List. She’s showing interest in sewing so I bought a beginners sewing kit too.

Reactions: PTree15
I’ve been bad...very, very bad. :fp:
I placed another order with vegan essentials. This time for Earth Balance cheese puffs and Greyston Bakery Cinnamon Roll Brownies.
So what will be the punishment for you being bad?😉 - Swallowing the puffs and the brownies in one sip?

• Haha
Reactions: KLS52
I took advantage of a Black Friday deal (such as it was) to buy a new laptop, a MacBook Air 13”. This is my first real Apple computer, not a mobile device. I get a $100 Apple Store gift card with the purchase. If it doesn’t expire, maybe I can save it until I upgrade to my next iPhone and use it then.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I've been wanting to buy a bundle of The No Sleep Podcast episodes (members get extra episodes), and they had a sale today for Cyber Monday. So I bought the first 12. That saved me about 30%, which is pretty damn good.

And now I have an idea of a gift for my mother (and I want to buy some for me as well) for a Black Friday sale on Fork Over Knives magazines back issues. I want.

ETA: Never mind, I will wait until the next sale to buy the magazines. Trying to keep myself in check. :blush:

Last edited:
The last adequate thing i bought, was this bunch of amaranth.💓🔥 I love it from the bottom of my heart, and it loves me back (well, i hope so). I have cooked a half of the 2nd pack, made a salad with it (+kapusta and tomatoes), and i'm about to devour everything in my sight, haha.😋
IMG_20191208_225104.jpg

Snagged some sale items with an extra promo code before everything expires.

It’s a veggie t-shirt! Only the medium is left. I thought if it’s a little big on me, I could at least sleep in it. I love Patagonia stuff.

(the pink sand mini stripe. I love this brand, too. This line of shirts has lots of stretch to it.)

(the new California Republic design. I love the Jansport brand as well. This waist pack looks nice and roomy)

I hit up Joann's and Michaels for sales on yarn. I did pretty well. I got a little Christmas money, so I used some of that. I got gray, black and variegated skeins. I also bought some fake Christmas flowers for my pitcher. I can display them all winter. They were 70 percent off, so only $5 for the bunch. Not bad. :)

I got a gift card to TJMaxx, so I bought a cute pair of tan Uggs-like boots (no real wool or fur!) and some Christmas-themed soft pajama pants.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
If you don't mind, @shyvas , i would like to ask you (because, if i understand it correctly, you're an expert in plant-based cheeses). Plus, these are cheeses by a French company, and i thought that you probably have tried them. I saw them in Ribbon mall (an ordinary grocer) and i'm going to buy them for mom, so she could step aside her horrible "diet" (extremely heavy on dairy).
Are there things edible? (What have you heard and what do you think of their taste and texture)?
IMG_20200111_182931.jpg

IMG_20200111_182518.jpg

Lets see now-- the last month was 350 on Calis bloodwork, about 900 on my car for tires and exhaust, 130 on a phone. All unexpected, and just when I've been saving to pay my 1600 house taxes :rolleyes: 🤬.
I had opened a bank account with the promise of 400 dollars that for some unknown reason didn't occur, and the bank doesn't seem able to fix.

I also bought How Not to Diet, and while I haven't been all the observant, it's a fascinating book!

rant/
Don’t you hate it when your body shape changes, when you gain or lose weight and then struggle to maintain your new weight or try to change it back to what it was before, and all the while you can no longer wear your clothes, even your favorite clothing items? Don’t you hate having to give away clothes you love, or clothes you just recently bought that you barely wore or bought when you were a different size/shape and never got the chance to wear?
end rant/

I’m having to give away some expensive pants I bought in June 2017 because they just don’t fit me well anymore. On Thursday, I went to Target and bought three new pairs of jeggings (I hate that word, even though it’s a portmanteau of jeans and leggings), $25 each, one black, one blue medium wash and one blue dark wash. I wore the black to a family brunch yesterday, and they fit well except for being slightly big in the crotch area, which is okay, I guess, for after big meals, including the one I had yesterday. My sister put together an awesome crudité, one of her specialties, and the rawness of the veggies was most welcome. (I brought home some of the leftover veggies.) Look:

C6887417-611E-4108-B22F-4DD8DEF04680.jpeg

That’s garlic and artichoke hummus at the top. From left to right: Sugar snap peas, daikon radish, yellow bell peppers, grape tomatoes, jicama, red bell peppers, Persian cucumbers, multicolor carrots, and that’s broccolini on top. I really stuffed myself and my new pants did NOT become so tight that I had to undo the button, which sadly was not the case when I wore the expensive jeans from 2017 that I wore to our family Hanukkah celebration last month.

I also bought at Target an Asian Sesame salad (I wanted to buy two or three but they only had one left), a bag of petit carrots, and a six-pack of Fiji water. The pants, unfortunately, are a little too thin for winter, so I’m going to have to look for a heavier, thicker pair of jeans I can wear when the mercury drops below my comfort level, so I’m not done shopping for pants. My sister said she’d take me shopping soon. *sigh*

To clarify: I bought several pairs of expensive pants, including a pair of denim blue jeans, in 2017. I wore the blue jeans last month to the Hanukkah party. Had to undo the button after dinner. My sister said she would give me a button extender, and gave me a tip for stretching out the jeans.* Unfortunately, at least two other pairs of pants from the same purchase are going in the giveaway bag, because I cannot wear them at all anymore.

*She said to spray the jeans with warm water, not too much to get them soaked, but enough to dampen the pants all over, and then wear them right away. She said that the warm water would “release” the fabric. I didn’t have time to get a spray bottle on Thursday, so I’ll have to order one from Amazon.

• Sad
Reactions: Val
rant/
Don’t you hate it when your body shape changes, when you gain or lose weight and then struggle to maintain your new weight or try to change it back to what it was before, and all the while you can no longer wear your clothes, even your favorite clothing items? Don’t you hate having to give away clothes you love, or clothes you just recently bought that you barely wore or bought when you were a different size/shape and never got the chance to wear?
end rant/

I’m having to give away some expensive pants I bought in June 2017 because they just don’t fit me well anymore. On Thursday, I went to Target and bought three new pairs of jeggings (I hate that word, even though it’s a portmanteau of jeans and leggings), $25 each, one black, one blue medium wash and one blue dark wash. I wore the black to a family brunch yesterday, and they fit well except for being slightly big in the crotch area, which is okay, I guess, for after big meals, including the one I had yesterday. My sister put together an awesome crudité, one of her specialties, and the rawness of the veggies was most welcome. (I brought home some of the leftover veggies.) Look:

View attachment 19583

That’s garlic and artichoke hummus at the top. From left to right: Sugar snap peas, daikon radish, yellow bell peppers, grape tomatoes, jicama, red bell peppers, Persian cucumbers, multicolor carrots, and that’s broccolini on top. I really stuffed myself and my new pants did NOT become so tight that I had to undo the button, which sadly was not the case when I wore the expensive jeans from 2017 that I wore to our family Hanukkah celebration last month.

I also bought at Target an Asian Sesame salad (I wanted to buy two or three but they only had one left), a bag of petit carrots, and a six-pack of Fiji water. The pants, unfortunately, are a little too thin for winter, so I’m going to have to look for a heavier, thicker pair of jeans I can wear when the mercury drops below my comfort level, so I’m not done shopping for pants. My sister said she’d take me shopping soon. *sigh*
Wow! This is a good set of trophies! :yes: Now you'll eat all of them, loose your excessive weight and live happily ever after (seriously)...😉
I'm in despair too: it feels like i'm getting only bigger and bigger in size, and nothing works.🙄