Last Thing You Bought?

Quinoa milk.

🤢🤮
Ewwwww... that sounds disgusting....I made quinoa flatbread where you just blend rinsed raw quinoa and water and pout in a hot pan. Came out fine, and I added garlic powder and salt, but I think quinoa has such a strong taste. Not a fan

Ewwwww... that sounds disgusting....I made quinoa flatbread where you just blend rinsed raw quinoa and water and pout in a hot pan. Came out fine, and I added garlic powder and salt, but I think quinoa has such a strong taste. Not a fan
That’s exactly it. As soon as I opened it, it smelled like quinoa. Not sure why I would expect anything else, haha. I like quinoa, though, so I was excited to try it. I will stick with my cashew milk. It’s my favorite although almond milk is good, too.

Reactions: Val
We streamed the new album on YouTube over the weekend. New albums by any artist take a few listens to grow on me, but I really like it.
I have heard that this one requires multiple listens to fully digest it. I want to listen to it on my sound system, so I'm blocking out time to do that today. I'm just so excited that it finally came out. I had to wait for a second shipment. It was sold out everywhere when I tried to get it on Friday. And the other night, I got the last copy from Newbury Comics. They don't get another shipment in for a week, so I'm glad I was able to snag it. Tickets go on sale tomorrow! I so wish I could go to the Boston show, but at least I found one on a weekend that I can attend. My sister and I will be going to Newark, N.J., along with some friends from Minnesota who will hit up a bunch of East Coast shows. If I were fully employed, I'd be joining them! :D I'm hoping they come back around next year, as this is just a six-week tour.

So I mentioned in the chat thread that I was having dinner tonight with my sister and a friend at Follow Your Heart, and I was hoping to find the grilled seitan I like.

I got the last box! I checked when I walked in, and there was one box left. I stuck it all the way in the back of the refrigerator case and went to have dinner. I checked again when dinner was over, and it was still there, thank goodness. So I got that, plus:

A bag of potato chips, Maui onion flavor
A bag of green grapes
Three Fuji apples
Figs: Actually my sister bought a box and gave me three
A couple pairs of glass earrings, one pink and the other blue; Actually, my sister bought them for me. They cost $22 each and she sprung for them because she was ogling the earrings on display and decided to buy a new pair for herself.
A package of compostable plates
A “pastrami” sandwich, with vegan wheatmeat subbing for the real thing. I’ll try that for dinner tomorrow.
A falafel wrap double pack
Two bottles of fancy-schmancy water
Two bags of freeze-dried salads. The woman who developed them was offering samples tonight, and I thought they were pretty good. You add room temperature water to the mixture, let it sit for 6 minutes, and voila! there’s a nutritious salad. There are just two kinds right now: Beetroot and cauliflower. They’re pretty expensive, so they’re just going to stay in my cabinet until I really need them.
And the leftovers from dinner. I had a “chicken” pot pie accompanied by sautéed kale, beets, and some lemonade. Everything was delicious, and that’s my lunch tomorrow. They said they use Gardein “chicken” in the pot pie. I was craving comfort food, and the pot pie filled the bill. :clp:

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I've ordered some jeans from Zara because their jeans are actually really reasonably priced. 99% sure they'll be too long but might cut them if they fit well.

Also some baby sleepsuits & t -shirts from Zara too

I love Better than Boullion no chik'n and no beef broth bases but they're hard to find, and usually cost more than online. Vitacost has both under $5 but I balked at shipping prices., but finally realized I was still better off getting from there. When I got around to placing the order they offered me to choose ShopRunner for free shipping! You can get a free trial, but it looks free if you use Paypal, which I could.
I got 2 no beef and 2 no chik'n. I also got a 32 oz of Braggs-- I'm appalled that I spend almost $8 on Braggs, but I love it so much!

I also kept watching for waterpik deals. I was sold on buying the Aquarius series. I got a damaged box deal for $55.

Reactions: Val
I’m a new fan of Braggs. I had no idea how good it is. So much better than soy sauce.

I use the better than bouillon vegetable base. I’ve never seen the no chicken/beef.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I’m a new fan of Braggs. I had no idea how good it is. So much better than soy sauce.

I use the better than bouillon vegetable base. I’ve never seen the no chicken/beef.
It's rare to find either in stores, and vitacost is the only place I've seen the no beef. They're both incredible, I don't think too much salt, and I don't use very much. I love chik;n in rice and pasta dishes, the no beef makes a great french onion soup and seitan.
Really happy to have the free shipping with that shoprunner-still needed 25 dollar order, but that was easy! 4 jars of BTB and braggs was $25.50, and if I needed vitamins or matcha.....

Reactions: KLS52
Well, I'll be picking up a Vitamix tomorrow! I saw an ad on facebook marketplace right when it was posted. A 5200 short container, it read 'only used twice'. $75.00. I responded and she said someone else asked first, but just now she messaged they never responded again. Pretty excited! It's a 30 minute drive from my house, a bit farther than what the location on the ad said, but .....
Hope it's what it says it is. Vitamix warranties based on serial number.
I've got to stop looking at stuff

I'll be posting a bunch of stuff related to my Vitamix! Made wonderful soups with broccoli, cauliflower and acorn squash.
I just bought two large acorn squash for $1, a discounted cauliflower $1, and 2 big pie pumpkins for $3. Didn't need two though... but who knows? Between a Instant Pot and Vitamix I can do anything!!! :pumpkin:

I went to Ocean State Job Lot, a discount store, and bought several skeins of Vanna White yarn labeled premium acrylic. Between their sale and my signing up for a rewards card, I paid $2 a skein, which I thought was a pretty good deal given that they are 3.5 oz. skeins. I can make hats and cowls with them. I got a pretty taupe and a nice cranberry color. I think I ended up with 7 skeins or so. Pretty good deal.

I went to Ocean State Job Lot, a discount store, and bought several skeins of Vanna White yarn labeled premium acrylic. Between their sale and my signing up for a rewards card, I paid $2 a skein, which I thought was a pretty good deal given that they are 3.5 oz. skeins. I can make hats and cowls with them. I got a pretty taupe and a nice cranberry color. I think I ended up with 7 skeins or so. Pretty good deal.
I got a good closeout on black acrylic yarn- it's really thick and soft! I think it's called Dreamweaver. I want to make a hood/cowl.

A ticket to see Opeth in February. I still need to get the new album.
So happy for you! :up: I hope you'll enjoy the show. :clap:💐
Oh, i just remembered that you were asking which album by Opeth is my favourite. (But i ran into the subway at the moment and "successfully forgot" about what we'd been talking)... I'm not sure i have a favourite one, but "Heritage" probably is the prettiest.

Reactions: PTree15