Last Thing You Bought?

From trader joes I tried some new things. -
Their Boatswain chocolate stout- I like it, says 'infused with cocoa powder'. I don't think I'd have noticed if it wasn't stated. It's like a dark beer.

Unsweetened, unsulfured mango slices! Those are soooooo delicious! You can take a nibble and just suck on it, then chew. Almost like a jellybean.

Umami mushroom seasoning- this is really good! Good strong mushroom flavor, and salty. Good on potatoes, rice, noodles, added to gravy, and green beans! I also had a can of fried onion and put on some cooked green beans, like that casserole, but not the gravy or whatever, that I didn't like

Crispy dried okra snack. :yuck:. This loses! I was about to pick up the inner peas and thought I'd try these instead. Bad choice. Crispy, not nearly seasoned enough, and still has the slimy stickiness of okra that wraps around teeth

Thai tea flavored frozen mochi with coconut milk. Got them with my son in mind and haven't tried yet. He was pretty happy to see them! I'm betting they're good!

Reactions: PTree15
A case of Spindrift brand seltzer (Raspberry Lime flavor)
A bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin
lime flavored tonic water
fresh limes

Suffice to say, my boyfriend and I enjoyed some cocktails this weekend.
Geez!😳🤦‍♀️ I had to read this: 9 Things You Need To Know Before Drinking Seltzer ...as i haven't heard the word "Seltzer" before! We would call it just "Gazirovka" ("Carbonated drink").🤷‍♀️

Today i bought another Armenian lavash!:cool:
Plus, i got:
Disgusting pineaple juices;
2 small packs of lemony hummus;
1 big pack of "Jerusalem hummus";
Peach-mango smoothie;
4 Granny Smith apples;
2 big dark chocolates with hazelnuts and raisins;
Tooth powder (i don't ever use tooth paste);
2 medium pails of pickled yuba;
2 tiny pails of sauerkraut;
Wet wipes, diosmectite, etc...
But the most important, is that fresh napa-cabbage has finally appeared in town and in the city!:clp: I got one head, and now i'll be making a salad with fresh, juicy, crunchy napa-cabbage!:pinkelephant:

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
Oh, and i've had another new protective glass installed!:sheep: And it's white again... But i don't mind white protective glass, as it's very hard to find a glass for my phone's model in his bunch of glasses, that are lying on the shelves, waiting for installation (a.k.a. clueless customers, like me, who are breaking protective glasses every day).:fp::???:

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
Geez!😳🤦‍♀️ I had to read this: 9 Things You Need To Know Before Drinking Seltzer ...as i haven't heard the word "Seltzer" before! We would call it just "Gazirovka" ("Carbonated drink").🤷‍♀️
Seltzer is just carbonated water, with or without natural flavoring, typically without any added sweetener/sugar. It's usually a calorie free alternative to the sugary carbonated beverages like soda/pop.
You get to learn so many fun new words on here, don't you? To be fair, so do I. I am not multi-lingual but I love hearing different names for the same things.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
@Val...is lavash a type of bread? I ask because I buy Joseph’s Lavash wraps and they are so good!

Reactions: Val
@Val...is lavash a type of bread? I ask because I buy Joseph’s Lavash wraps and they are so good!
Aha, it's flatbread (mostly quick thin bread, without yeast).🌯:) But its type may vary from country to country. Maybe you remember my recent post with photos, where Armenians are making lavash in tonirs [tandoors] (primitive stoves in the ground). That is the authentic one. I prefer even more raw variety.

Reactions: KLS52
Aha, it's flatbread (mostly quick thin bread, without yeast).🌯:) But its type may vary from country to country. Maybe you remember my recent post with photos, where Armenians are making lavash in tonirs [tandoors] (primitive stoves in the ground). That is the authentic one. I prefer even more raw variety.
Yes...that’s it!

Reactions: Val
Just placed an order from EvilMart:

1 button-up Hawaiian shirt for Island Days later this month. Unusual in that it’s labeled as 100% cotton. Most Hawaiian shirts sold on the internet seem to be either all polyester or some type of fabric blend. I like that it’s button-up so I can wear it as a layer over something else if I have to.

4 packages of black licorice WHICH I LIKE. I don’t care who thinks black licorice is gross. :sf:

Two crew-neck cardigans, one pink and the other olive.

1 short sleeve light pink shirt. I do already have a SS pink shirt, but it’s a darker pink and I wanted a lighter shade.

Pendaflex plastic tabs for my hanging file folders.

A Neoprene zippered tablet sleeve which I needed for traveling last month and didn’t have. Instead I carried my tablet and electronic accessories in a small bag meant for small notebooks, and it was just too big, heavy and bulky, in part because I had too much stuff jammed in and it could barely close. I think next time I’ll carry the tablet and accessories separately, and I have an accessories roll that I should have used but didn’t.

Last edited:
I bought a new purple dress, a black dress and some mirrored sunglasses. I also got a vintage ring as the vintage store I have bought from before were having a sale.

A fiberglass mat for in front of our wood burning stove. It’s all we need to do to get the certificate of occupancy. I’m very happy about that since the stove was here when we bought the house in 1995 and we did not have to have a CO then. Just our luck, because we want to sell the house, that it would be needed now. We were worried that the stove would not be up to code and that we would have to do some major renovating. Thankfully all we need is the mat.

A fiberglass mat for in front of our wood burning stove. It’s all we need to do to get the certificate of occupancy. I’m very happy about that since the stove was here when we bought the house in 1995 and we did not have to have a CO then. Just our luck, because we want to sell the house, that it would be needed now. We were worried that the stove would not be up to code and that we would have to do some major renovating. Thankfully all we need is the mat.
You needed the mat to sell the house?

I bought more strawberries, peaches, and another watermelon!
Green beans and kale, and my Anthonys wheat gluten was delivered!

I really need an exterior door

You needed the mat to sell the house?

I bought more strawberries, peaches, and another watermelon!
Green beans and kale, and my Anthonys wheat gluten was delivered!

I really need an exterior door
Yes...have to have a CO for the stove and can’t get it without a fireproof mat. The other option was to destroy our wood floor and put down sleet or tile 18 inches in front of the stove. Definitely don’t wanna go that route.

• Wow
Reactions: silva
I bought an electric bicycle ("Pedelec") to make my daily commute (14 kilometers one way) a bit shorter and less sweaty, so that I can arrive at the office in time for early morning meetings without having to shower again. To test the waters without a huge investment, I bought a used one (2013) that was offered locally on eBay after test-riding it.

Works quite nicely so far.

Yes...have to have a CO for the stove and can’t get it without a fireproof mat. The other option was to destroy our wood floor and put down sleet or tile 18 inches in front of the stove. Definitely don’t wanna go that route.

Maybe the rules are different in Germany, but wood burning stoves here are typically placed on top of hardened glass pads.

1564565271693.png

Maybe the rules are different in Germany, but wood burning stoves here are typically placed on top of hardened glass pads.

View attachment 17651
When ours was installed by the previous owner, they put it on top of brick but didn’t extend the brick out far enough in the front, hence the need for a mat. We had the option of cutting into the wood floor and installing slate but that would have been more expensive and more work. Since the mat will still bring us up to code and allow us the CO, we chose the easier option.