Nutrition & Diet June Health Challenge

Doing well, so far. Managing to stay on track and within my allotted "points" on Weight Watchers. I can't believe I'm off sugar except for in my coffee and cutting way back on carbs. It's hard. But I lost 3.5 pounds and while I am only exercising 2 days a week, I'm hoping to kick it up a notch starting next week when my job changes over to summer hours. After work a few of us are going to walk/run the course that is set for the 5K race in September. I don't see myself running the 5K but I'm going to walk with short intervals of running in between. So I'm going to start now so I'll be ready by September.

I definitely feel better. Not crashing in the afternoon like I used to, even when I don't sleep well.

I am doing pretty good. I have been avoiding the dreaded "sweets" and eating lots of fresh fruit. I have not been getting to the gym very regularly however as I have been doing a LOT of running around at work lately. I have managed to lose a couple pounds! The scale is going the right direction now and I hope to keep it that way!

Hey, everybody! June has been a lost month for me so far. Work overtook everything for a while, plus this past week I have had a stomach bug, so I haven't done a thing and my hiking trip is in a week! I hate missing workouts, but I haven't done any while I was sick. I am hoping to get back on the horse for a few days before my vacation. When I went to the doctor's for the stomach thing, the doc noted that I must be aerobically fit because I had a nice slow heart rate. :D
My weight stayed exactly the same from May, so once again, I am happy that I am maintaining.

And congrats on cutting down on the sugar, you guys. Way to go!

Reactions: KLS52
Well, vacation was awesome! My sister and I logged 40-plus miles of hiking in Acadia National Park. She thankfully let me start slowly with a 3.2 mile stroll around a pond and a light climb to a beautiful spot that was on the coast. She is a big climber and rock scrambler, and I'm more of a gradual-climb kind of girl, and this place had both, so we were both happy for the most part. The only part I wouldn't do was this rung-ladder climb up the side of a cliff called the Bee Hive. The warning sign pretty much said that if you have a fear of heights, don't do this one. I took that advice. I know I would have frozen up there at some point. We had lots of wide open ridge hiking, though, which was just awesome. Great views of other peaks and lots of lakes, ponds and the ocean, of course. It was fantastic, and my legs held up really well. I never really got sore, just a bit fatigued, but by midweek, I was back to my old self. I will be resuming my regular workouts, plus bike riding, now that my bike is finally tuned up with new tires and tubes and cable repairs. I'm very excited to start riding again. It's been way too long.

That sounds fantastic, PTree! :) All your treadmill sessions have really paid off by the sounds of it!
I would've been terrified of that Bee Hive climb too. I'm absolutely the biggest wimp ever when it comes to heights. I don't even like three rung step ladders, ha. Otherwise that vacation sounded amazing!

I haven't posted much here this June, but I've been keeping active with my runs, and now that biking season is here, I've gone for a couple 30km rides for the first time since last summer. My knees felt the bike ride a bit, and I definitely noticed the uphills! Haha. But overall I did quite well with them considering it's the first time since last year. Definitely looking forward to lots more bike riding this summer! Today I'm going for a walk around the seawall.

Basically it's a loop around a bay that sort of turns into a peninsula. It's a 9km walk. It's absolutely beautiful and filled with geese, and blue herons, and raccoons, and swans and ducks, and otters and chipmunks... The wild life there is amazingly abundant despite how many people go there. You mainly see the raccoons during the lagoon section. :) They're so used to humans, it's almost like they're domesticated. You can safely walk right past them and they don't mind. But they are entirely wild and free. :)

My weight has fluctuated a lot this month. I started off at my lowest weight ever during my adult life (the last time I was that low a weight, I was still growing!), and then somehow I managed to gain four pounds. Got too confident I guess, ha. Anyway, I've managed to get my weight back down to what it was on June 1st, so it was sort of a lost month for me too, since the only weight lost was the weight I had put back on... Still hoping to lose at least four pounds before my trip to Ireland mid August!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Oh, Oasis, your walk sounds wonderful!!! I so love walking by the coast. We got to do that in Maine as well. And wicked awesome on the bike riding! And congrats on reining in the weight gain before it got out of hand. That is huge! I struggle with that as well, and I'm doing my darndest to maintain (so far, so good, but I'm ever-vigilant!). I can't believe your trip is getting so close. Ireland is so cool and beautiful! I can't wait to hear all the details when you get back. :D