July Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally some progress. I have walked 2.5 - 3 miles almost every single day for the past 2 months. I walk first thing in the morning - which for me is 6:45 am. I also joined a yoga studio and take a class two or three times a week. I've cut out most white flour, and have really reduced the amount of oil I use in cooking. I've also started to say "no side, thank you" to the question "What would you like as your side?" when we're eating out :p. I'm down 5 pounds since April and have 5 or so more to go. Onward and downward.

Reactions: KLS52 and Katrina
I always sit on the couch with my knees curled up to the left. I can't sit that way with my knees to the left- my torso won't twist to face the front. I'm trying to sit that way to retrain it!
Do others have these problems? It's something I'd never have noticed except for when I sit in this position. It's not apparent doing exercises

3 month passed and I gradually increasing my weight as well lifting the weight efficiently and feeling really good when I lift an increased amount of weight as I'm not taking any type of steroids not even consuming processed protein. I'm happy with my progress and obsessed about my goals

I always sit on the couch with my knees curled up to the left. I can't sit that way with my knees to the left- my torso won't twist to face the front. I'm trying to sit that way to retrain it!
Do others have these problems? It's something I'd never have noticed except for when I sit in this position. It's not apparent doing exercises
I don't know if this is the same thing, but I can twist my torso more easily one way than the other. It's because of my scoliosis. My spine curves more towards my right shoulder blade instead of dead center like it's supposed to be.

My workouts so far for July: several hours of canoeing, lots of swimming, and carrying heavy stuff on my back while portaging. We're in the middle of a heatwave, so I haven't done any biking or gardening the past two days. I'm planning to do my usual yoga class tomorrow night.

I have been working out indoors because of the oppressive humidity. It saps my energy. I've done the rowing machine and the treadmill of late. I also did a Leslie Sansone video. My eating is still not optimal, but it's a work in progress. :D

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I walked three of the last four days. But I’ve been eating a few more snacks than I should. Still maintaining weight loss though.

Does anyone else ever watch those Crossfit competitions on Netflix? I find the athletes so inspiring! Watching them makes me want to go lift weights.... not as much as they lift, but a moderate amount.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
OMG...it’s twenty degrees colder this morning than yesterday. I don’t think I can go out there for my walk...IT’S TOO COLD!!! :rofl:

I think there’s something wrong with me...

:???::iiam:

Why is that ?
It was more of a joke...like there’s something wrong with me (Misssnowluvah) that I’m loving Summer so much, lol. :) I’m sure that will change once September rolls around. I don’t think I’ll ever not get excited once kids go back to school...I get “Fall” fever, looking forward to Halloween and then thanksgiving...then I’ll be wishing for snow.

Last edited:
It was more of a joke...like there’s something wrong with me (Misssnowluvah) that I’m loving Summer so much, lol. :) I’m sure that will change once September rolls around. I don’t I’ll ever not get excited once kids go back to school...I get “Fall” fever, looking forward to Halloween and then thanksgiving...then I’ll be wishing for snow.

I like the Spring and Autumn as I don't like extreme weather. I really must reallocate to the UK as the weather is far milder than over here.

KLS = Karen Loves Summer, Sugar, Snow, Shyvas………..:p

So I did yoga last Thursday . . . and nothing else since. I'm starting to get antsy.

I think before doing workouts again, I should make a bunch of food for the week. I get paranoid about passing out or fainting while I'm exercising (I do faint easily), so I won't work out unless I've eaten really well the night before and day of.

I've had a decent week of exercise this week -- four days of walking outside. The weather has been great. I hope to get in some more walking this weekend. I was pretty good with eating, too, though I'm craving french fries. :D

Reactions: Val
Status
Not open for further replies.