Is vegan dating possible?

Would you date a non-vegan?

• Yes,I don't care

• No, definitely not

• Maybe, it depends

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm far from my 30's, but I can still relate. Most people I know these days rely on Internet dating. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

When I was in my early 30's people went to the bar or nightclub to meet potential partners. That most definitely wouldn't work for me now, as I don't drink. I should say, I drink very little. I might have a beer once a year. Perhaps a glass of wine on a special occasion, if offered one, but that's it. Furthermore, I find people that are drinking or have booze breath, repulsive.

Hmm, maybe a vegan dating site might help? I actually never knew they existed until I just googled it. Here's a few top picks. I have no idea if you will find anything in your area, but it wouldn't hurt to have a peek. I'm sure there's more sites.

https://www.veggieconnection.com/

https://www.veggiedate.org/

https://www.meetmindful.com/veganmotivation/

Reactions: Lou
Internet can be good. I met my bf on the net however it is long distance sadly.

That's interesting that you were the youngest as if you look at the vegans on YouTube they are mostly younger. I am sorry that you didn't find anyone there that interested you, I am happy to know that more and more older people are vegan or vegetarian.

Do browse different websites to see if there are single vegans in your area. There is a link to one in my signature.

Emma JC

Hi Emma, I'm in Yuma And believe that most meat-eaters And vegetarians, would prefer to be Vegan. They usually lack information.

I agree that more meat eaters and vegetarians would prefer to be vegan if they were more educated about the three main aspects of a plant-based lifestyle. The health benefits, the benefits for the environment and, of course, the reduction in suffering of the animals.

So information is important and also support - many people do not even know anyone that lives this lifestyle and so the thought of doing it on their own is intimidating. Therefore forums, like these, are so important because they provide support to many who are new and feel alone.

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
Only hope I have is to spend a lot of time walking around the produce aisle and mingle ha ha.

The subject of Lentils did start a pretty funny conversation one evening, so you never know.

For me, I'm more interested in the diet than the ideology, so dating a non-vegan isn't necessarily
a deal breaker, but obviously they have to be supportive. Most of my friends are supportive, so I
don't really see it as a problem these days. Then again, my friends have seen a drastic improvement in
my health, so they really don't have reason to not be supportive.

I do have a tree hugger side to me, and love animals, so a vegan girlfriend would certainly be a plus.

Reactions: Tom L.
I do have a tree hugger side to me, and love animals, so a vegan girlfriend would certainly be a plus.

It definitely makes life so much easier when you have a partner that shares your eating preferences. Even simple similarities like enjoying garlic and onions and spicy foods can cause a rift.

Check out the second link in my signature, you can search by vegan.

Emma JC

Of course !!! Now even special sites are created for dating only vegans! If you are interested in viewing reviews, for example one of them - Vegan Dating. There I met a very good young man .. still maintain a relationship)

Reactions: Emma JC and betiPT
Its' an interesting question. Dating someone is not the same as say, marrying them. However, Dating can
lead to intimacy and the thought of kissing (etc") someone who eats dead burgers is a complete turnoff.
Animal-eaters have a stinky definite odor, to be very honest, but they do not realize that fact.
Not to mention the difference in ethics and morality between us. I have met several vegan women who
have animal-eating husbands and it can be a very difficult and disgusting situation for the vegan....

This reads like an advertisement and contains no mention of vegan. I'm skeptical!
I believe there are meat industry trolls on these sites, as some of the posts are quite strange as well.
Such as, "can we reduce the requirements for being vegan?". There are also many anti-vegan social media platforms
where attendees find cruelty funny and reinforce what is "masculine"....

• Informative
Reactions: Brian W
I believe there are meat industry trolls on these sites, as some of the posts are quite strange as well.
Such as, "can we reduce the requirements for being vegan?". There are also many anti-vegan social media platforms
where attendees find cruelty funny and reinforce what is "masculine"....
My goodness - I wasn't expecting that!

My goodness - I wasn't expecting that!
The multi-billion dollar industry of breeding and slaughtering sentient animals is just as selfish and greedy as the
cigarette industry. Tobacco was known to lie, cheat, distort and hide the truth, in order to make profit$. Animal ag is
the new tobacco and does the same bait and switch, lies, and distortions. They care not about ther animals, and only
care enough about consumers to make purchase$. Trolls are placed all over. Think about it.

Reactions: Andy_T and Brian W
I agree with Emma,

For hygienic reasons (when you go down on someone), practical reasons (have you tried explaining buying vegan condoms to a non-vegan? By the time you are done explaining you could already been inside of her), and ethical reasons (you can treat her to all the vegan restaurants around, no dilemmas).... life is simply a lot easier with a Vegan girlfriend/partner, too bad most girls are not Vegan. :(
LETS reverse the statistics, create 95% of the world as VEGAN, and only 5% of those who like eating the dead.
The world as a whole will be the peaceable kingdom that our heavely parents envisioned. Do unto others, the Golden rule...
I am not religious, but THIS is the world to come, no more humans killing animals as well...Isaiah 11:6-9
6The wolf will live with the lamb,
and the leopard will lie down with the goat;
the calf and young lion and fatling will be together,a
and a little child will lead them.
7The cow will graze with the bear,
their young will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
8The infant will play by the cobra’s den,
and the toddler will reach into the viper’s nest.
9They will neither harm nor destroy
on all My holy mountain,
for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD
as the sea is full of water.

Vegan dating is possible, especially so when you are younger. The older you are the more drastically it is less possible.

Reactions: Andy_T
Though it's indeed difficult for vegans to find each other, my experiences show that one can find the love of their life, and teach them how to vegan. At least this is what I did.
I know this labels me as a violent and abusive partner, but I just couldn't let my beloved one consume damageful products and stay guilty in industrialized torturing of animals.
Should actually detest myself for being so tyrannical, but it did not happen like "No, you are not allowed to eat corpses or anything of that kind". It happened with the help of patience (much of it!), sharing information, discussing the matters - multiple times if necessary - and even more patience.

Vegan dating is possible, especially so when you are younger. The older you are the more drastically it is less possible.
There ARE more vegenas in the newer generations for sure. But I believe anything is possibele if you believe...

Yes, it is possible, though I think quite challenging depending on one's tolerance. I've dated more than one light meat eater in my life. Now I've been married 20 years and we're pretty meat free (though not absolutely 100% for reasons I won't go into again here). But honestly, though I do think it could work in some instances, I would now rather not date or marry someone who eats a lot of meat, or someone who wants meat in the freezer or ready at hand. We NEVER have meat in our refrigerator or freezer. I haven't purchased a meat product from a grocery store in decades. I don't want meat around me. I feel similarly about dating a smoker again. I dated a few in college and it was downright revolting. The memories of the smell and breath sometimes make me nauseous. If I were to post a singles ad somewhere (I hope I never have to) it would probably read NO SMOKERS OR MEAT EATERS PLEASE!!

I went on a dating app called Veggly in November and I managed to meet someone great straight away. However, after two dates, she decided not to see me again because I'm planning to leave the UK again this year and go back to Chile.

After that, it was slow going, because there are so few people on there. Maybe it's better in a big city. I am in a 50,000 town, and was prepared to go 20 or 30 miles, so in theory there was probably a million population so in the area I was willing to travel for a date.

I matched with one very attractive woman on there, who didn't reply to my first message.
I matched with someone while I was in Paris, but I wasn't quite able to meet them in the end.
And there was one match I chatted with, but never got to a date.

All of the four matches were vegan.

After that it petered out completely. I look on the app after a week and there are no new people on there. I've only had the four matches in four months.

And I went on Tinder and Bumble where I saw there were way, way more people but few of them vegetarians and almost no vegans.

'Matched' is when they have liked/swiped yes on you and you to them as well, and it opens a chat window where you can talk to them, for those who don't know.

You don't have to pay to try out Veggly, although there is a paid option which I tried out briefly.