Is Birth Control Vegan? The Rundown + Vegan Options

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
are there animal bits in your naughty bits? believe it or not, most birth control methods are not vegan as they are either tested on animals, contain animal products, or both. i run you through the most common methods, vet them for vegan-appropriateness and offer some humane alternatives. because being vegan is fun and awesome and having sex is fun and awesome. so you should be able to do both! Get more info and links to vegan birth control products in the blog post: Is Birth Control Vegan? | Bite Size Vegan

I wish you had done more research into fertility awareness based methods; with perfect use some of them have very high efficacy rates. The most effective, the sympto-thermal method, is 99.6% effective when abstinence is used during the fertile period and 99.4% when used with a barrier method during that time. And you don't need an expensive monitor (unless you want to use one), you can just get a basal body thermometer. The only other expense would be learning the method, with an instructor and/or through a book.

FABMs aren't for everyone but I think everyone should at least know (with accurate information) that they are an option =)