If Porridge (oatmeal) Doesn't Fill you Up!

I love oatmeal but I can't eat it with any other additives other than a banana and maybe a few nuts. Of course I need a little bit of soy milk. I would love a tiny pat of vegan butter but I try to stay away from that.

I start out with half a cup of dry cooked in a cup of water which is the recommended serving size. Then I add a teaspoon of sugar and soy milk. Most days I have a hard time eating the full serving but even when I do I get hungry two hours later.

Unfortunately, oats are on the foods to avoid list for ckd as are bananas. I'm not going to avoid either forever though ...I'm sure having it once in awhile will be fine if I'm careful with what I'm eating the rest of the day.
I dislike bananas with porridge. I think it must be an American thing as over here most people have either a drizzle of cream or golden syrup on theirs.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I dislike bananas with porridge. I think it must be an American thing as over here most people have either a drizzle of cream or golden syrup on theirs.
That sounds good to me! I remember when I was in the Bahamas, I think it was 1989...I had the most delicious oatmeal with cream.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I don't like bananas with oatmeal, but I do like them with cold cereal. I love syrup on oatmeal but not cream. :)

yeah I am not fond of the thought of mixing them in - I do like them sliced in as I can take an individual bite with as much or as little of the rest as I wish - same with the larger berries

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15