Ideas - Quickest possible Breakfast Recipe for Vegans?

Chandanrai

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi..I am new here but not new to vegitarianism....as I am vegitarian since birth.

I want to know a quick recipe...because I recently moved away from my mom's house....and there she use to cook for me...so I am not aware of recipes..and also not a good cook.

So pls suggest me some very quick and easy recipe/recipes.

Thanks in advance.

Oatmeal is one of the healthiest breakfasts and you can cook oatmeal in the microwave in just three minutes. Stovetop oatmeal takes less than 10 minutes. There are directions on the box of oatmeal. but if you buy your oatmeal in bulk you will need some good ideas. Just google it. There are like a million recipes for oatmeal.

A little bit less processed and harder to cook form of oatmeal is Steel Cut Oats. You can cook them on the stove, or in a pressure cooker or a slow cooker. Then store them in the frig. You can reheat them in the morning in a minute or two.

Another fast breakfast to prepare is cold cereal. Buy some healthy granola and add fruit and you have a good fast healthy breakfast.

However back when I was working, it wasn't as much the prep time that bothered me. but oatmeal and cold cereal need to be eaten sitting down. And frequently I didn't have the time to do that.

I would make once a week a big batch of breakfast burritos and freeze them. then microwave one and I could eat it while rushing to work. Here is one recipe. There are thousands. but i never used tinfoil cause it isn't microwave friendly. Parchment paper works just as well

Besides oatmeal my favorite breakfast is bagels. they keep for a long time in the freezer and take less than 5 minutes to toast (which can be done while you are getting dressed). then put something on them. I like nondairy cream cheese or hummus, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce. These can be eaten on the way to work, too. But they take two hands. The burritos can be eaten one-handed.

5 ingredient vegan pancakes:

1 cup chickpea flour (or buckwheat or whole grain, something more nutritious than white flour hopefully)
1 cup soy or almond milk
1 TBSP baking powder (not baking soda!!!)
1 TBSP coconut sugar or brown sugar or agave syrup
1 TBSP canola or olive oil

Heat in a skillet over medium heat until edges start to bubble and brown (just a couple minutes keep an eye on them), then turn once and heat for about one more minute.

Serve with fruit, maple syrup, or whatever you can think of. I have put pumpkin, cinnamon and flax seeds in them before, and it was excellent.

You could also look up recipes for tofu scrambles if you're into that. Sweet Earth makes an excellent microwavable vegan breakfast burrito called the Big Sur. I thaw them out in the microwave for a minute, then pan fry them on each side for a couple of minutes, and eat with hot sauce (Sriracha, but use whatever you like).

A bowl of fruit nuts (on top of oatmeal if that's your thing and you have time, or some vegan yogurt) and some toast with jam or nut butter is probably the easiest breakfast around. It's my every day routine. No recipe necessary. Easy, fast, portable - that's what I'm all about. Why complicate things? ;)

If you've got a little more time, tofu scramble on toast with some salsa, chives, guac and hot sauce is super yummy.

Granola and soymilk is about as quick as it gets.

I like to take my time cooking breakfast...just a really relaxing way to wake up and sets me up for a good day. I hate how rushed I feel when I just have to throw on clothes and stuff little food in my mouth before I'm out the door.