translate any recipe from non-vegan to vegan!

serenamc

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi! I'm working on an app called Foodshake that allows you to translate any recipe from non-vegan to vegan.

I've spoken to about 30 vegans so far and have incorporated their feedback -- I want to make the app as helpful as possible for those transitioning to a vegan lifestyle!

The app is now live as a website. Feel free to check it out! If there are any features you would like me to add, please let me know! http://foodshakeapp.com/

As for my story, when I first went vegan in high school, my Dad had a horrible time figuring out what to cook for me because none of his recipes were vegan. The goal of Foodshake is to help new vegans and their families translate their favourite recipes to the vegan versions!

Oh, I should also add, the website is free to use!

Thanks so much !
🙂

Sounds creative and worthwhile!.
I am a long-time vegan and love beans, nuts, and seeds--but many humans need help with making food choices.
There are man "egg" substitutes that are made from plants, and of course there is almond and soymilk. cheers/

On another forum we used to play this as a game. but eventually it just became way too easy. Now you can just google "vegan beef stroganoff" or "vegan meatballs" and get lots of suggestions.

Reactions: vesper818
On another forum we used to play this as a game. but eventually it just became way too easy. Now you can just google "vegan beef stroganoff" or "vegan meatballs" and get lots of suggestions.
Yes. And there are basically 'substitutes" of all kinds. Humans who are allergic to chocolate can consume carob instead...
p.s. I do not in any way, miss eating dead animals or their secretions. Finding other choices is an easy and ethical choice for me.