I need custom earplugs for my Hyperacusis

RBnobulls#it

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello, I have a hearing condition called hyperacusis and I've been looking for the best earplugs I can get. I avoid going out this time because I am a bit of a paranoid when it comes to getting COVD19. So... I just want to know if anyone here tried buying from this website? They are called Big Ear and they offer home service for molding your ears for custom hearing protection and then they'll mail the product within a few weeks. They also do have instructions for DIY molding where they'll send a molding kit then you'll mold your ears and send back the kit with the molds. Some of their products are really intriguing and of course, I'd love to know if anyone here tried their products yet. Though I'm not sure if they are vegan...so I might have to check on that.

Any other recommendation? Here's how they look.

Reactions: crgtheman
I also have hyperacusis.. for me the biggest problem is construction sites, when i went to the mall last there was a chainsaw there going... i had my hands over my ears but nobody else did and they were looking at me funny.

i found pink noise therapy to be somewhat helpful, found it on a forum a few years ago..

Wish i had earplug recommendations, i have foam ones on hand but i have been avoiding using them as i think i am getting ear infections.

When i had a motorcycle I went to an audiologist and they used this foam stuff to make a mold and then made the kind of earplug that hearing aids used. They just didn't drill the hole down the middle.

But that was like 20 years ago and the technology is so different now.

Anyway, I'm thinking your first stop should be the audiologist. and if you have health insurance you probably can get a significant discount.

I just saw an audiologist last month. It was a lot like going to the dentist. all safety protocols were in full effect