How do you plan trips?

tommy-turtle

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Dear fellow vegan travelers,

I'm planning some upcoming trips and I'm eager to learn more about how you approach travel planning as a plant-based eater. While I typically research local vegan options and learn a few key phrases to communicate with restaurant staff, I still feel like I'm missing out on some of the authentic local food experiences.

What are some tips, tricks, and resources you've found helpful for enjoying local cuisine while maintaining a plant-based diet? Any insights you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I'm planning some upcoming trips and I'm eager to learn more about how you approach travel planning as a plant-based eater. While I typically research local vegan options and learn a few key phrases to communicate with restaurant staff, I still feel like I'm missing out on some of the authentic local food experiences.

What are some tips, tricks, and resources you've found helpful for enjoying local cuisine while maintaining a plant-based diet? Any insights you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Are you swedish or just staying here?

Reactions: tommy-turtle
Usually I research local vegan/vegetarian restaurants or use food apps to look for menus with plant-based options at non-vegan restaurants.
open to trying new foods: Try local fruits. I usually bring snacks like nuts, seeds and energy bars.

Reactions: Second Summer

Hi Tommy, I can help you find restaurants and even possibly hotels that cater to vegans depending on where you are going. As a vegan myself I know how difficult it is to plan trips in the hope that there is more than chips and bread as a vegan offering. I am a vegan eco-luxe travel advisor so if you let me know where you are going I can reach out to my team in those places to let you know where the best authentic vegan restaurants are

For me, it is good to look up information on where to find plant-based food at your travel destination. I usually search for several places close to my accommodation, so I am aware of having some preferred locations. Every time I plan to go someplace, I first check vegan Facebook groups such as this https://www.facebook.com/groups/vegan.restaurants and also look at online discussion boards. Additionally, whenever I am in a new town, it's my preference to arrange for someone local to show me around; like that time in Seoul, Korea when we used the services from https://gowithguide.com/korea A place there called Plant Cafe really stayed in my memory. Hidden in the fashionable area of Itaewon, this comfortable place offers very tasty vegetarian meals. The atmosphere is really relaxed, and it's an ideal spot to relax following a day spent discovering the city. Another tip is to search for vegan-friendly eateries beforehand by using applications such as HappyCow or Yelp.

Lastly, feel free to experiment with new recipes when you cook! Studying how to prepare easy vegan meals using nearby products can become an enjoyable and fulfilling method to dive into the local traditions. A very flexible and simple vegan meal you can make in any place is a rich vegetable stir-fry. You just need some fresh vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, and anything else you like, plus tofu or tempeh for protein. Cut all into small pieces, put them in a pan that is warm with some oil, and add seasoning like soy sauce, garlic or ginger. You can also change it to use what ingredients you have near you that are fresh now. 🫑🥕🍠