How can veganism gain momentum in the tourism industry ?

Elisa Soares

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi ! I hope you're doing well !

I'm sorry If I bother you but I'm a french girl studying tourism and i'm doing a study about veganism in tourism and you are part of it so I would love to talk to you about it.. ! I'd like to know if you have any ideas to try to improve travelling as a vegan ?
Can vegan fit into tourism and how? How can veganism be integrated by the tourism industry? not only with food but also with all the specificities
What is the interest for tourism actors to embark on this specialization or for the actors already present to insert veganism in their business? I hope you'll answer...
Also, sorry for my bad english !

I hope you can help me, i'd love to know what are your thoughts regarding veganism tourism/ vegan travel...

(I'm trying to reach bloggers and famous vegan icons but also vegan people like you and I so feel free to answer..)

Thank you !

I'd like to see the concept of a vegan hotel. I googled it for once and I could not find a single true vegan hotel in the world as a result of a quick search. There must be some.

A vegan hotel, as I see it, is more than just a hotel with a vegan restaurant in it, although it certainly should serve only vegan food.

They could also have vegan sheets and pillows etc (e.g. no down) as well as all 100% vegan toiletries.

Things like rugs and decorations would need to be vegan also, and ideally the workers in the hotel would all for vegan (or at the very least in the restaurant)

The hotel could also have a guide as to how to be as vegan as possible in the town that the hotel is in.

The hotel wouldn't be vegan in the strictest sense (probably only the food and toiletries and bed would be super strict), because there is bound to be non-vegan product used at some point, but just as much as possible that would be welcoming to vegans.

The hotel could also have a policy advising guests not to eat meat or wear fur coats or other obvious animal products in the common areas of the hotel.

Reactions: Lou and hopeful
I'd like to see the concept of a vegan hotel. I googled it for once and I could not find a single true vegan hotel in the world as a result of a quick search. There must be some.

A vegan hotel, as I see it, is more than just a hotel with a vegan restaurant in it, although it certainly should serve only vegan food.

They could also have vegan sheets and pillows etc (e.g. no down) as well as all 100% vegan toiletries.

Things like rugs and decorations would need to be vegan also, and ideally the workers in the hotel would all for vegan (or at the very least in the restaurant)

The hotel could also have a guide as to how to be as vegan as possible in the town that the hotel is in.

The hotel wouldn't be vegan in the strictest sense (probably only the food and toiletries and bed would be super strict), because there is bound to be non-vegan product used at some point, but just as much as possible that would be welcoming to vegans.

The hotel could also have a policy advising guests not to eat meat or wear fur coats or other obvious animal products in the common areas of the hotel.
I totally agree !! This is so hard to find a vegan hotel near you.. But have you seen veggie hotels website ?

As most hotels nowadays have a self-service buffet breakfast, then making soya milk available would be a small and inexpensive step in the right direction.