Hair Coloring

KLS52

Love Is A Verb
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I color my hair to cover the gray. I've been toying with the possibility of using a henna dye and saw one on the Lush website that I thought I would try (Caca Brun). Even though most of the reviews are positive, I can't seem to get past the negative ones.

http://www.lushusa.com/Henna-Hair-Dyes/henna-hair-dyes,en_US,sc.html

Has anyone ever used the Lush Caca Brun henna (or any other of the Lush colors) and had good results? Has anyone used any other brand of henna? I am interested in any good/bad results.

I think I read somewhere that Revlon doesn't test on animals, so I suppose I could find a color that would suit me, but I'm just really interested in this whole henna thing.

Will appreciate any input. :)

There are a couple of brands of hair color that are vegan, if the henna doesn't work out for you. I have used Naturtint in the past and have been pleased with the results.

I have used Lush henna (Rouge) in the past. The results were very dramatic the first time, but it seemed less effective over repeated uses. As much as I love Lush, I did find their henna to be a bit of a pain in the *** to use, and I eventually switched to plain henna powder from a local Indian grocer instead. (That doesn't really help you since you're looking for brown.)

Thanks for the replies...I checked out Naturtint and it looks like that could work.

If I decide to do henna, I think I might forgo the Lush and find a powder.

I will definitely do a strand/allergy test if I use the henna.

:)

http://www.hennaforhair.com/warnings/index.html

I was going to say if there are any dies in your hair to grow ALL the hair out or cut the dyed part off. There can be metallic substances in henna that will fry your hair if it have been dyed with other products before.
And do an allergy test.
I use a henna powder from India, Reshma brand, and when I first used it my hair had been lightened. Not peroxide, but a couple shades lighter from regular dye. It didn't harm it, but turned it quite a bright flame red!
I do love the results now. It covers white hairs with a bright red, but imparts an auburn on my medium brown hair, so it looks hightlighted.
It only costs about $3.00 a box, which for shoulder length lasts about 3 uses.
I've read you should look for ones that say for skin dyes, as it is more natural.

They do sell a brown shade. I've read there are other plants you can add to alter color. I've heard adding strong coffee instead of just water tones down the red.

I used to like Naturtint when I used to colour my hair dark brown or a plum colour. It made my hair look really shiny.

Reactions: KLS52
I'll probably try the Naturtint...sounds safe enough. :yes: